Roll Call - Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm comfortable with myself enough not to worry about what other people are wearing and looking like. The place is more upscale, yes, so if that sort of thing bothers you and makes you feel uncomfortable then this isn't the place for you. If you want to wear tennies and tanktops I'd suggest The Church or your local rave, not Rise.

To generalize an entire club full of people as "snobby pretentious yuppy fucks" only shows how shallow YOU actually are. A lot of great people I know who are very down-to-earth go to Rise on a regular basis. Just because people dress up doesn't make them snobby. It sounds like you might be more comfortable somewhere like the Snake Pit - just my 2 cents.

I'm just saying what I've heard about Rise, I've never been to the place.
And if Rise is the place I've been told about, at least back when it first opened, people were denied entrance for waht shoes they were wearing now that seems a bit ridiculous to me, but maybe I'm just retarded.
From what I've been told, (although I hear Thursday are an exception) the club is geared more toward a social gathering place than a dancing place. Perhaps they've loosened up a bit since they first opened, I have no idea. I don't dabble in the denver club scene often
if your post was even to me, or if it was just to trollin

It is quite possible someone was denied entrance into Rise because of their shoes, especially on that first weekend when they were trying to establish a "dresscode" of sorts. I think they are trying to keep out that gangster element, not the party kids. Unfortunately, you can't distinguish between the two at the door, so you've gotta take a hard stance one way or the other. But I think it's much more relaxed now and you can pretty much wear whatever. Last Sunday they held a birthday party for Clinton Portis (Broncos running back) and it was full of guys wearing jerseys and tennis shoes.

Like I said, it's not a place to go to dance and wear whatever. The reason I brought it up in the first place was to give LoveBandit, someone of my age, a place to go to checkout with the wife. You guessed correctly, BigCat007, when you said it's more of a place to be social, not dance. I was assuming LoveBandit wanted to hang with the wife at a nice club, not tear it up on the dancefloor with some party-kids.

lol.. people of all ages can tear it up on the dance floor %) now whether or not its with party kids is to be debated.. it can be debated if there even are true party kids any longer.
maybe one of these days i'll check out rise

I agree, but the only way you'll fully understand that is to actually be in your 30s, on a dancefloor at a club or a party. When I was younger I was of the same "Ahhh, you can party 'til you're 50!'' mindset. =D

oi, my mom was in her late 40s and would go dancing at clubs :p

and no, definitely no rave type of club, nor was she a hippy or a disco queen

God Loves Colorado

4 days, 685 (digital) pictures, and one hell of a big smile - that's how I'm looking at my trip to Colorado (Denver-RMNP-Estes Park-Boulder-Col Springs). I won't bore you with the details, but my wife and I had a great time. I wanted to thank you all for your suggestions/help (especially bigcat007) and let you know that we came nowhere close to seeing or doing all that we wanted to. I almost had to leave my wife in Denver as she didn't want to leave - ever.

Ya'll have a wonderful state. I know sometimes locals take what they have for granted, and that sometimes a visitor may have a distorted (better than realistic) view of where they are vacationing - but the bottom line is you do have one of the best places in the world to live and we WILL be coming back. :D

Thanks.

Over 300 vinyl for sale, cheap!

I have over 300 vinyl that I am getting rid of for $2 a piece. All of them have had a needle touch them 2 or 3 times so they are in great condition. I am selling them on a first come first serve basis, and buyer would have to pay shipping. I have:

House:
Funky
Disco
Deep
Jazzy
Hard

Techno
Ambient

Tracks from artists such as Paul Johnson, Stacy Kidd, Mark Almaria, Mazi, Frankie Bones, Glenn Underground, Harrison Crump, Dajae, Craig Alexander, Robert Armani, Gene Hunt, E Smoove, Smitty & Eric Davenport, and others.

Labels include Catalyst, Dust Traxx, Metamorphic, Simple Soul, Undaground Therapy, Body Music, Bunchlox, Grassroots, Hump, A Squared, High Octane, Endpoint, and more.

Contact me if interested at [email protected]

Didn't you know... theres no such thing as techno in colorado. Might wanna try posting in every other state roll call thread... oh wait you already did.

summit county :)

Hey guys,

Hey I've just got a quick question. I am from Australia but coming over to CO for the winter season. I'm going to be living working at Copper Mt. What can you tell me about this area. Is there anywhere nearby thats good for partying???

Would love to meet some of you guys when I come over :)

Well if your gonna be living/working at copper then i suggest partying in breckenridge.... it's gonna be the closest place with the best vibe. Otherwise if your into techno, dnb, etc. check out http://www.unnet.net/ its basicly colorado's party forum. You know i've always wanted to move to Australia... what made you decide to move to CO?

i don't really know what there is to do in up at copper..

but it's somewhat common for australian's to go outbound during the northern hemispheres' winters. I'd always run into australian ski instructors in austria.. was kinda weird.

Hey all.. I'm thinking of transferring to Colorado State, anyone go there? Whats Ft. Collin's like. I'm into jambands and stuff like that. If this post is inapproriate for this forum let me know and I'll delete it.

I'm also looking at U of Colorado, but it all depends on the grades.

i'm in the fort..

I don't really know what the jambands scene is like, I don't go out real often.
CSU is cool in the fact that it's a smaller community and it's easy to get to know people. It's also real nice. I didn't even consider boulder, ft collins is a really nice town. crime rate isn't bad.

If you into stuff like jambands then i take it you have a hippie-ish attitude. Might wanna check out some of the mountain colleges then. CU and CSU is pretty big also, if you dont like large classes. Fort Lewis in durango and Western State (where I go) in gunnison probably would be a better bet for you.

I saw Leftover Salmon last night (halloween) at the Fillmore and it was a great show! Yonder Mountain string band always plays in lyons... SCI and phish make there way to Red Rocks all the time, in fact SCI played a 3 day show just last month there. Theres a pretty big jam scene out here in CO.

EDIT: Don't even consider UNC, it's a great school... just the town sucks badly. I highly doubt you will like it there... thats just opinion though.

yea I was at those SCI shows though it was only 2 days me and a friend drove 17 hours to see them. Yeah I guess you can say I have a hippie-ish attitude, thats why I want to head out west more people with similar interests. I'll have to check out Fort Lewis and Western State.

Thanks alot guys.

i might buy a car from a dealership in fort collins (one of the three EXACTLY what i want left in the country)... if i do i want to meet ya'll.. specially radar!!!!

hello. im from the fort. yeah.... good times.... Caffiene in.... 2 days! wee! see you folks there.

Status
Not open for further replies.