Roll Call - Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
colorado

hello my fellow colorado kids =D
anyway my name is ken and i live in colorado springs lived here my whole life...i use to use bl all the time a few years ago then e became kinda scarce for a while and i took a "LONG LONG" break. but im back now and would like to meet some fellow bl's.

my post got edited because i didnt use common sense. im sure next time i will think twice before i say silly things.

Last edited by a moderator:
ATTN: Colorado Bluelighters

hello bl's
my 21st birthday is coming up pretty quick, its in august. I wanted to go up to denver with some of my friends and go to some clubs...my question for you guys is what are some good places to go? what clubs/places are good enviroments, play good music etc.? I want to have the "BEST" night in quite a while. i thought the 4th was cool because of the fireworks. ;) If anyone from denver or who partys and gos out in denver could lend some insight it would be excellent! thanks bl's

Last edited by a moderator:
housekid5
thanks man i appreciate it ive heard alot about the church and some good things about the snake pit is club 2am pretty good too? anyway thanks housekid5 if anyone else any good ideas they are welcome:D

^^^^orpheus420
be my guest:) any info i can get for my bday would be GREAT!!! part of me wants to go a club and the other part wants to try and go to a party instead...if you wanna email me with some ideas my email is [email protected]
thanks orpheus

Watch out...here I come

Yes, I'm actually coming to Colofuckingrado soon. My wife and I are attending a wedding in Elk Snot, Elk Knob, some kinda Elk thing just NW of Denver at the end of September. We're thinking of making it our 1st anniversery honeymoon type getaway and spend a few days in your wonderful state as she has never been there (and I wasn't in my right mind so I can't recall being there...but that's another story for another time). Anywho, we are coming. So, being a good bluelighter, I've read the whole thread and checked out the clubs mentioned and the links (thanks HK5) and I'm still going to ask this question:

If you (age 33) and your wife (very non-BL personality, but loves travelling and outdoors and ...wait, I'm not going to place a personal add for my 30 yr old wife)..*start over* What recommendations would you offer for someone coming into Denver and planning to just go/do whatever from Fri nite to Wed morning - places to go, things to do, stuff to see/experience like a good tourist breaking in a new camera? I'd love to meet some CO BLers but we'll have rehearsal dinner Sat nite, and my cousin's wedding Sunday afternoon so I don't know what might be arranged. We may try to hit a club (if we are awake when we arrive FRi nite, and even then only for as long as she can take it - damn her and her top 40 and Dave Mathews music tastes), or see what's happening on a Sun/Mon/Tue nite somewhere I dunno. But for sure, we've got a rental car and no commitments except the wedding.

I figure we'll check Red Rocks (with or without music), maybe drive through Boulder, around Denver, wherever. Maybe a cool mountain top drive some afternoon if there is a real scenic/cool place you can recommend. Any local restruants we *definetly* should check out (I support local businesses, not the same damn chain restruants we have back home. Besides, I like to taste the local flavors). Local bands worth checking out live. Whatever you can think of. Aight...I'm rambling. I'll quit for now. Just give some suggestions for Fri Sep 26 thru Wed Oct 1 puhlease :)

big cat whats up sweetie? haven't talked to you in such a long time. i just recently heard the bad news about evans. i'd really like to talk to you.
IM shootingstar5980

to the lovebandit

if you are looking for an interesting/scenic/tourist type of thing to do here ck out estes park...i have never been there but i've only heard wonderful things...as for clubs...ck out the funky buddah lounge on lincoln st in denver...that place is busy all week long...doesn't matter which night you go on...restaurants...hmm...try benny's cantina on 7th ave in denver it's a mexican restaurant but the food is awesome...and if you like margarita's they have several different flavors and you can get a liter for $15 to $18.50...all made with jose cuervo...um i think thats about it that i can think of right now...still waking up so the brain isn't fully functioning yet...if i can think of anything else i'll let you know

CU Boulder Student

I am a new freshmen at CU Boulder, came out here from Chicago. I am lookin for people out here that know how to party cause the keggers get old after a while. Any body else that goes here or lives around here send me an e-mail at [email protected]. Just looking for parties or anything.

Feeling the love, and loss of memory...

Thanks guys :)

hirollingirlie - Estes Park...yeah, that's it. Starts with an E ends with a K and so all I can remember is ElK something (that's how my mind works), but the wedding is actually at some YMCA type thing in Estes Park so I'll get to check that area out. And we'll definetely hit up the cantina - we both like Mexican and it sounds like a perfect place to try out. Thank you.

100 pErcEnt purE - it's not too late. We don't leave until a month from now. I can't write a full email yet, but I'll send you one this week - I appreciate a local willing to help me out. I"ll probably send it by Wednesday, as I'm checking the net from work and I gotta be kinda sneaky for now.

For anyone else, I've got a month to plan this out - so I'll be checking this thread about once a week. I would really love to suprise her with something special, super nice dinner, a night in a beautiful setting, something along those lines as she's the light of my life and I love to see her happy (then again, she'll be happy just knowing she's in CO - she's easy to please that way). Well, again, before I ramble to far thanks for the ideas and I hope to hear some more soon. We can't wait to get out there.

- Reed, TLB of BL

Just off the top of my head, a few nice clubs to check out while here:

Rise (new place, very nice)
The Church (younger crowd)
Alley Cat

As far as restaurants, my girl and I just tried a place in Golden called The Hilltop Cafe. Very nice bistro restaurant, reasonably priced, in a Victorian house in Golden. I believe you can do a search for it on www.citysearch.com and find the exact address. Great wine selection and the best service I've had yet in and around Denver. If you're downtown, check out Sambuca Jazz Cafe or Vesta Dipping Grill. Both are very nice, a little pricey, but both are located right in LoDo (Lower Downtown) so you'll be close to all the bars and clubs.

Anyway, if you want more info. just shoot me an email. I'm sure we're boring all these young'uns!

OK, so I'm "only" 31. %)

isn't rise the place they have the super strict dress code?
(ie no sneakers, etc)
yes, let me grab my dress shoes so i can go fucking dancing..grr.

big cat rise is a wonderful place if you want to go and hang out with a bunch of snobby pretentious yuppy fucks who couldn't run a club if their wrinkled tiny tesicles depended on it do me a favor and avoid a club that forces to play top 40 remixes instead of their own style. piss on club rise!!!!!!!!
the dancers WERE dope though!! (note emphasis on were, seeings how all the decent ones left when they fucked the dance cordinator over and fired him):p

Hey im still here lurking about. Whats this about no more partys in CO? Pfft you need to know where to look theres tons of good acts coming. The Underground seems to be able to score some damn good talent. Anyways heres a heads up on some upcoming partys:

Armand Van Helden
8/28/03
The Church

Frankie Bones !
yes thats right he's actually coming to colorado
8/30/03 @ the underground downtown co springs
www.undergroundchemistry.com

XION
http://www.denverunderground.com/pure/xion.html
Richard Humpty Vission
Visious VIC
Mike Nice
Alan Endorfun
Dragon

Kimball Collins
8/27/03
@ Enigma

Bounce.Again
9/27/03
Evenflo cd release party
Oddflo cd release party
More trance and hard house
www.djevenflo.com for more details

Bizounce 2
10/18/03
2 Rooms - 28 Acts - 12 Hours
100% Drum and Bass, Breakbeat, and Hip-Hop event
Shugga www.djshugga.com
Gridlok www.gridlok.net
Hive www.violencerecordings.com
Tix at ABC's ... The Root ...
www.djevenflo.com for more details

actually kimball is on fri 8/29

trollin:
yeah I thought that's what I'd heard about Rise. heard it's a pretty badass club, but unfortunately weekends are geared towards snobby pretentious wanna-be clubbers who just stand around and gab

Yea thats my mistake, it is friday 8/29

The dress code at RISE is actually relaxed. Tennis shoes, jeans, visors, beads... all OK. Just dont come looking like a hick (dirty clothes w/ a baseball cap). If you come in looking like a obvious party kid you will NOT get denied entrance. There are wrose dress codes at other clubs in denver.

Status
Not open for further replies.