• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Rob Ford, killed by society for using drugs.

Ksa

Ex-Bluelighter
As far as I'm concerned he was doing fine until everyone started nosing into his private life and making it public. Scandals, fights and all kinds of drama.

KILLERS.

Last edited:
^ how did they manage to secretly give him cancer?

alasdair

society did not give him cancer. pay attention to details. dont just read the title and think you know what is going on.

Society voted for him, it was the fourth estate that went above and beyond to ruin him. The campaign was vicious and vindictive, Toronto Star specifically even went as far as to literally harass the man and kept hammering him up until the end. He was bombastic for sure but half the shit being reported wasn't news it was just hey-look-at-what-he's-doing-now shlock. They could very well have stressed him to death. I have a hard time believing that society would endorse this kind of campaign by anyone else but because it was framed as Toronto vs Rob Ford people ate it up.

im not Canadian but remember thinking the whole ordeal was less humorous than sad far before they announced he had cancer. its possible he was sick while he was acting strange and maybe the cancer contributed to the odd behavior. the gut and the brain do have a unique relationship.

was he always a little odd and blunt? i have no idea if he was a quality mayor but he'll certainly be one of the more memorable politicians from canada.

yea giving up your humanity and adopting a persona is a price most politicians have to pay.

very sad news

Agreed.
I have no idea about his political career but feel he was pretty unfairly crucified by the media.
Poor bastard, just because he liked to smoke crack rather than snort coke like other politicians.

i think he said something like 'so i smoke a little crack once in a while, whats the big deal?' its not like he was smoking crack everyday.

I think he blamed his binge drinking...which frankly is a lame excuse ("i only took the 'bad drug' because the 'good drug' lowered my inhibitions" - like that makes it ok)
Although for all i know that quote was taken out of context. I'm always sceptical about how the media treat cases like this, because it was outrageously sensationalised, which makes me distrust the details.

Society voted for him, it was the fourth estate that went above and beyond to ruin him. The campaign was vicious and vindictive, Toronto Star specifically even went as far as to literally harass the man and kept hammering him up until the end. He was bombastic for sure but half the shit being reported wasn't news it was just hey-look-at-what-he's-doing-now shlock. They could very well have stressed him to death. I have a hard time believing that society would endorse this kind of campaign by anyone else but because it was framed as Toronto vs Rob Ford people ate it up.

Good point, I didn't look at it from this angle.

Rob-Ford-Dance.gif

He didn't clean the chore properly. Too soon. Really, he should of lasted longer. Sorry to hear he passed.
Cancer is a shame. There is an RC out there that cures it.

Wow, I may have been wrong about the Star harassment apparently it was a fabricated incident

In another incident – one that still infuriates me – the mayor accused one of my former colleagues of looking into his backyard and taking photos of his children. Later, Mr. Ford doubled down and called my friend a pedophile.

Why? I have a guess. That afternoon, I had warned the mayor’s chief of staff that we were working on a story about Mr. Ford’s drug use.

The mayor later admitted he’d made the entire backyard story up.

Apparently, though, not everyone caught the correction. After the mayor died, Don Cherry tweeted about the harassment Mr. Ford endured while in office, “reporters spying over his fence” and such.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ith-rob-ford-its-complicated/article29397563/

In all fairness though this is an article by one of the people who made her name on demolishing Ford so... grain of salt and all...

He was a great mayor. Best in years. The dude knew he was dying of cancer and partied it up. Can't blame him

I am still pretty sad about the death of ford, not a very good politician but a hell of a guy, this hit from the crack pipe goes to you sir :'(

Even after he was publicly exposed smoking crack, he still said that non-violent drug users should be arrested.

I'm from Toronto. He was a shitty mayor, always overruling the council and always going against the democratic process. He scrapped the LRT after the contractors had already been paid tens of millions in obligations. So many projects arbitrarily dumped by him.

They went after him in the media because most people wanted any reason to get rid of him, and once they found out they drove it home.