• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Roadside Drug Testing (QLD)

Despite the above article there seemed to be a bit of confusion over the past months over oral swabs, vs steering wheel/gearshift samples. Im confident that we will see some form of it in the near future but it will most likely be used as an instrument of fear and intimidation closely associated with festivals and raves.

I mean how many more rolling cascades of police and dogs have we seen walking though valley night clubs since the beginning of the year.

The police force cannot for a moment completely enforce and eliminate crime in as they are under resourced and only constitute a fraction of the general populous. So their prerogative is to maintain at all costs their golden psche of " you break the law and you will get caught" Due to technology and some senior people realizing some people take drugs and drive home, the police force are being leveraged into FOOLING the public that they are actually doing something about it.

Thanks now to policy creep and the shear incompetence of both sides of our dismal state government they hope to swindle what little we have left of our privacy by permanently recording our DNA. We are screwed, you try talking to the average Joe about George Orwell and 1984 !

As previously mentioned this will primarily be used as a vehicle of intimidation. For how long who knows. I seriously doubt if this will ever become as prevelant as an RBT as we know today. I haven't seen any press about how [un]successful it has been in the other states, how it has DEFINITIVELY lowered the road death toll and i doubt i ever will.

I predict numerous false positives and litigation bogging the widespread adoption of this for some time to come. I would invite people to not get stressed about this for the meantime. Alas this will not go away and no doubt some people are going to get burned.

I just find it weird our laws are getting more privacy-raping than the US's.
They still need a warrant to give someone a blood test for suspicion on driving on drugs in most if not all states i thought. And as soon as they've wrote your details down you're free to leave?

Then again I never understood why the US still use those silly field tests for alcohol DUI instead of breath testers? How do they get you on that? On a series on things such as booze smell, not finishing the test, red eyes or nystagmus, burping etc... enough things for them to be taken to the station and given a breath test ?

Splatt said:
I just find it weird our laws are getting more privacy-raping than the US's.

"There are none so enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." - Goethe

Americans are afraid of their government. We Australians laugh at ours. Here in lies the problem.

I'm guessing the swabbing of steering wheel and gear shift is pretty accurate for small particles then. That would mean it's possible if one were to hypothetically open a bag to check to see if their meth (for example) was of proper weight, close the bag and still test positive on a steering wheel swab even though you've not consumed said hypothetical drug :)

I think Coles sell those latex gloves in a box pretty cheaply.

Buy the gear...stash it in your undies before driving home etc...throw out gloves. Oh well.

Qld researcher flags drug driving tests
October 24, 2007 15:31:00

A Brisbane academic says there is likely to be saliva-based roadside tests for drug driving in Queensland by Christmas.

The director of the Centre for Accident Research and Safety at the Queensland University of Technology, Dr Jeremy Davey, will outline the concept at a conference on the Gold Coast this afternoon.

He says the tests are aimed at improving road safety - not catching drug users.

"It is not a drug offence as such and it doesn't mean that police will start searching cars or going into people's homes," he said.

"The focus of the offence is on the dangerous operation of a motor vehicle, the risk factor involved in driving a motor vehicle whilst potentially impaired by substances - be that alcohol or cannabis or an amphetamine-type substance."

ABC Online

will they have this system in effect in time for schoolies week?

...kytnism...:|

kytnism said:
will they have this system in effect in time for schoolies week?

...kytnism...:|

If they are to go ahead with it this time (as opposed to the old July 31 date) then yes...they will be going hard as hell to hit that 20,000 person testing they are wanting to hit.

As mentioned above...they are already doing swabs of gear sticks and steering wheels looking for particulate.

November it starts

Expect road delays for a big festical that stgareted the wholke nisffer dog crap in 2006 to fuck youyre nitht up, off guts or sober.,

*NEWS FLASH* Music festivals are about to get a lot less fun.

Time to cash in on the inanity. Become a taxi driver.

Theyre going to be tested as well, and limo drivers.
Even though they both already have private urine testing at their companies, especially for limos anyway.

I never realised that this was still going on. I would have thought that the original idea would have failed miserably. This is incredibly awful!

Bligh warns drug-drivers

Queensland Premier Anna Bligh has issued a stern warning to Queenslanders who are driving under the influence of drugs such as speed or cannabis.

As Queensland's road toll hit 300 on Saturday, police announced they will soon begin random roadside drug testing.

Ms Bligh says it is time to get tough on people who are making roads unsafe.

"I don't want my family on the road with people who are using drugs and getting into vehicles," she said.

"I don't think any parent wants to think their family is on the road with drug-addled drivers."

ABC Online

End of road for drug drivers
October 28, 2007 12:00am

AS Queensland's road toll speeds past the mind-numbing 300 mark, the State Government has again warned it is going to get tough with people who break the rules, particularly those who drive under the influence of booze and other drugs.

Sadly, it is an all-too-familiar call, but this time the lawmakers are giving police a new tool with which to use in this do-or-die battle.
Starting in December – in time for the Christmas/New Year holidays – police will be able to test drivers for so-called recreational drugs such as cannabis, ecstasy, speed and ice, as well as alcohol.

We could be forgiven for asking why it has taken so long to bring these extra tests in, considering authorities have known for ages that drugged drivers are as big a menace – some would say bigger – than the boozed-up ones.

The answer, of course, is that where criminal charges are concerned our lawmakers want to be doubly sure of their ground, especially when it comes to civil liberties and proving cases beyond reasonable doubt in court.

That's the reason the new drug tests won't be looking for heroin or cocaine. The tests for these drugs are unreliable and as such any charges would founder, says the Government.

But it is worth remembering that while government grapples with such problems and the need to protect the civil liberties of some drugged drivers, it must not lose sight of the civil rights of the greater population.

That is the right to go about their daily business on the roads without the threat of being killed or maimed by someone spaced-out on drugs and invariably speeding.

The Premier said the prospect of her family being on the same road as someone on the mind-bending drug ice terrified her.

There's not a law-abiding Queenslander who wouldn't agree.

Those same people would also say that while the drug tests are commendable, much more still needs to be done to cut the toll.

If it means more money for policing and newer, tougher laws aimed at protecting the innocent and damning the guilty then let's have it all.

Sunday Mail

lol.

Fuck these people are stupid. They don't test for Heroin which makes you docile but they test for Amphetamine which would make you more alert (unless you been up for a few days then maybe you shouldn't be driving).

It'd be fucked though if you took some Heroin or Cocaine and it had traces of Amphetamine in it, but hey good news for all the Heroin and Cocaine users if you got a pure source!

How about do a CWE on some Panadiene Forte and Bob's your Uncle!

Testing for Cannabis is just plain stupid; revenue raising.

Alcohol limit should be raised to .08 like in some states of America.

Next they'll be testing for prescription drugs and taking licenses off people left right and center just for taking a Valium or Xanax.

If I ever get tested I'm going to make a big deal of it and act really offended like "IM NO FUCKING DRUG USER!!!" haha.

Fuck I hate this world.

it is mind bending after using it a lot, you just don't realise it... then the comedowns and multiple days awake.. can be more horrifying and mind bending (in a bad way though) than LSD..

Mmm not testing for heroin or coke.. could we see more of a trend in use with drivers using these two drugs because of this new roadside testing ? Who says the Qld government dose not have a drug policy 8) :p