• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Ritalin not working for me (studying)

Luckedout

Greenlighter
Hi guys sorry if this is in the wrong topic I'm kinda new here, I just got some Ritalin to help me study, I took 10mg first didn't really feel anything, I tried again with 20mg its been an hour and again I don't really feel much, should I try again on a different day with 30, I just feel a bit light headed and that's it, its not really helping me focus on studying, thanks for any help!

Are they IR or ER? What's your tolerance/do you have any history of stimulant use? Are you on any other meds?

Hi thanks for the reply, they are IR, I'm not on any meds and haven't tried anything other than this, other than weed and alcohol, both of which have very little affect on me (I've never been drunk, although I occasionally drink a lot at parties and that), maybe that's why? I'm.managing to work now, but I have no idea if its.cause of the Ritalin or not because I'm.still getting easily distracted

30mg IR with no tolerance should definitely make you feel something, even if it isn't an effect you find pleasant or the one you were hoping for. How much alcohol and weed did you have today? I personally never found drinking made any difference to the effects I got from Ritalin, but it might be different for you. I've never smoked weed on Ritalin, so I can't comment on that.

Last edited:
Oh sorry none today, I thought you meant history wise aha, ok I'll try 30mg in two days time, I don't wanna take too much consecutively, I'll post back on this thread with results on sunday ^^

If it does absolutely nothing for you, ask your doctor to try a different med as soon as you see him next. There's really no point in staying on something that isn't working.

If it does absolutely nothing for you, ask your doctor to try a different med as soon as you see him next. There's really no point in staying on something that isn't working.

This.

Seriously, just stop taking it, and talk to your doctor. Most people who are prescribed it for ADD or ADHD get effects from it even when they take doses like 5-10mg orally. That's odd but not unheard of that you took 20mg and 30mg and it did not work.

Hi I haven't taken 30mg yet, I did manage to get a few hours work done, but I didn't really feel focused, more like a placebo

(Not to be nitpicky but ritalin isnt an amphetamine) And on that note, if the ritalin isnt helping you, ask for vyvanse (lisdexamphetamine). That may work much better for you

OP never stated were prescribed just that he obtained some.... How do you know you got the right pills OP?

OP never stated were prescribed just that he obtained some.... How do you know you got the right pills OP?
They were given to me in two blisters sealed and labelled with sandox the pharmaceutical company so I'm assuming they're legit

I noticed that when i started working i definitely felt it, its more subtle than I thought it would be, my advice to anyone feeling this is just take 20mg and hit the books for four hours, if you can do it, thats probably the drug working even though you don't notice (providing you cant work for that long normally)