• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ritalin FAQ

BingeBoy said:
^
has that effect on me , don't think you'll ever be able to compare meth to rit though.

however please elaborate on your dose , brand of ritalin and method of administration , then maybe I can help you out , oh and if you tweaKed a lot maybe ritalin won't do much for you.

E, meth, coke makes me horny as hell in that order. i tried rits for the first time. gave me smooth energy w/o any jitterness or associated PNS stimulation. no crash either. I don't tweak cuz i luv sleep way too much, and I hardly use drugs unless i'm partying. Even when I do use meth i just take a few small bumps for the entire night or i eat a low dose ~15mg to stay up not to get high. i don't smoke or IV meth. been doing this for +5 years about once every 2-3 weeks.

Novartis brand blister packs in 10mg tablets. I slowly railed 40mg and ate 10mg in a 5 hour time period. It's definitely not like coke or meth in terms of a recreational value. i did enjoy it more when i added 2 alcoholic drinks with it much like coke+alcohol. i won't do coke w/o a bit of alcohol.

I'm just dissapointed that i got zero increase in libido from the rits. Rits are chemically similar to AMPs and Coke so why not the increase in libido as well? something i'm doing wrong or what?

^
well you shouldn't bother with that slowly snorting stuff (it's not meth) , just have your drinks slowly and then just snort those 40 mgs of rit and tons of crap as quiclky as possible.

I'm hyper sensitive to stimulants or the dopamine stuff at least I really get tweaked on rit (big pupils , jitteryness ,excessive sweating and anything above 40 in the night has the potential to keep me up all night if I don't do something about it.

don't bother eating 10 mg it's a waste wil only give you some coffee-like effects at most. If you have a lot at your dispospal maybe plugging's worth it , I noticed that although eating it is wasteful you get a lot more in the euphoria department (and therefore probably more sexually driven feeling) maybe when you plug it it's even better , id try to find out as much as possible about plugging if i were you.

the peak is 10-15 minutes after insufflation for me .oh and I think it is very possible that your regular although moderat meth use has something to do with this resistance to rit's effects.

^^^ dude, i'm not plugging anything up my azz. so, you can just drop that idea.

i did a couple bumps this morning and i have no libido all day. i'm thinking the rits are decreasing my libido cuz i'm usually horny 24/7. what's going on here?

I don't get tweaked on rits at all. just smooth energy and no crash at least. i think it may be good for work on those off days, but not very good recreationally.

i'm just bummed that there was no libido increase with rits as i only like to do drugs that make me horny.

I don't think my minimal use of meth is affecting the rits unless there is some cross tolerance. is there? either way, even a small oral dose of meth or a few small bumps of meth has me horny as heck all day and night. So, why not the rits as it's suppose to have both the qualities of an AMP+coke? bummer!

^
meth is probably the strongest stimulant around , rit one of the weakest , your use might seem like nothing but I'm sure it's the cause for the ineffectiveness of the rit.

I would just save em and abstain from stimulants for a few months , maybe take something like dxm in small doses to reduce yoor tolerance (there was a good thread about this so do a search)

if you don't want to plug them , big oral doses might work to get some recreational effects but I prefer those cheap & lame concertas for that.

What's a big oral dose for me? why not just rail a shitload instead. you think i'll get in increase in libido if i take a huge dose?

I'm on ~40mg intranasal today and no increase in libido again. if anything, it decreased it. i can't deal with a drug that i can't fvck on.

anybody else with ritalin experience in increasing libido like coke and meth? TIA! nada for me.

RIT has nothing going for me in terms of either libido or euphoria. Then again I have been using it for about a month for adult ADHA at a 20mg 2xday(although having exp with as much as 80mg at a time inssulfated), at which no additional benefit was recieved both in terms of euphoria or intended use. In addition with my experience and continual use of cocaine on a regular basis(2-3.5g EOD-2gm ED) for about 6 years, I have found the two experiences to be imcomparable(at least if your getting good coke, in wuch case I have always been fortunate).

I really do not see the rec value or any similarities between it and cocaine.

JMI.

Addy

^
that's because it's not as good as and they are both cross-tolerant. Same story with the azn-guy really , oh and even if oral intake is less efficient (think bout 50-70 percent gets destroyed) it is more euphoric.

Addy said:

I really do not see the rec value or any similarities between it and cocaine.

]

i agree even with all the studies that show similarities between coke and rits, there is no comparisons. the euphoria with good coke is awesome even if short, but rits?

bingeboy says oral dosages for euphoria on rits? why would that be? that's like eating coke instead of railing. you want to get the drug through your blood brain barrier(BBB) asap which would be either railing or IV. i don't see how oral would be better, but i'll give it a shot with the rits. what do you say? 80mg oral?

^ iv is definately the best or so i heard from someone I know , I don't know why one gets so happy when you take it oral it's the same story with chuting speed really you use more but you get a more euphoric high , maybe this even applies to cocaine although that would be kinda wastefull .

Hwn you snort it the effects are quicker but more bodily/tweaked than when you take it orally.

when I do it oral i take something around 100 and a few beers (same thing as with coke makes a more active and more unhealthy metabolite , ethylmethylphenidate?)

but im a skinny motherfucker and not very tolerant to uppers , still 80- 100 would be a good place to start.

I have a large tolerance to oral use of (generic) Ritalin, usually take 40 mg every 2 hrs (doesn't last long for me). I don't get that much euphoria either. If I'm interested in other routes of administration, what dose should I start with? Also, it there a "crash" involved with ins. it? I've never really abused any other stimulants, so no tolerance there. Thanks.
P.S. Tonight would be best night for me to try, so quick respone definitely appreciated!=D

Ritalin - snort it. They do almost nothing at doses below 100 mg if you eat it. Snort away!

And btw, if you buy from overseas pharmacies, especially the shadier ones, you might get what supposedly should be (and looks like) brand name Novartis, but in reality you get an inferior copy product with less bang in 'em. Just so you know.

Thanks for the reply- I actually get the (generic) ritalin legit via prescription. Any advice on what dose to start with when snorting it, if I have a large tolerance through oral use, but have never snorted it before? Don't want to waste any pills, but don't want to over do it either! Thanks.

start 20-30 mg , i have no idea what you mean by large tolerance , like 150-200 mg doses?

Never used 150 mg at once, but use 40 mg orally every hour, which can add up to 500+ mg / day. Since I don't get much of an effect from this, it is a giant waste of pills. Thanks for the advice.

Rits are weak. you gota snort instead of eating 500mg and having 90% destroyed by your GI. snort, plug, iv, but don't eat rits.

AznRaver, what you're telling people to do is deadly!!!! Are you telling someone to snort 500mg of Ritalin because "Rits are weak"!?

Do you have any idea what you're saying? You're telling a newbie to snort 25 20mg pills. I've been snorting for about 2 1/2 years and I can snort 20 MAX in a binge during a day or two and even then, I can see the physical effects. In NO WAY would I snort 500mgs!!! Where are you getting this info???

Please, dont' don't follow this kid's advice -- it WILL kill you!!!

Also, if you did 500mg and didn't feel anything, you may be ADD/ADHD. Commonly, people with these symptoms tend not to feel the amphetamine-like effects of Ritalin when using it recreationally. Also, a huge tolerance may have developed. In that case, don't use the Ritalin for a little bit and wait for your body to lose its tolerance.

Last edited:
500 mg of ritalin is extremely harmful, and your nose will hate you. I'm not sure if you meant to say 500 or not but there is no way that should be said on a Harm Reduction board. We have kids around here that might take it seriously and hurt themselves.

Crush 40 mg of Rit into a fine powder and snort 1/4 per 10 min.untill you begin feeling the effect. You will soon get the hang of how much to snort, but start out slowly, as the method of administration is particularly important regarding rits, and it will be a different experience altogether than eating them.
May the stims be with you!

Oh, and btw, please re-read AznRavers post - to me, it seems perfectly clear that he is talking about eating 500 mg rather than snorting them. Not that eating 500 mg is clever, but he was just making a valid point...