• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ritalin FAQ

Cronic King said:
AznRaver, what you're telling people to do is deadly!!!! Are you telling someone to snort 500mg of Ritalin because "Rits are weak"!?

Do you have any idea what you're saying? You're telling a newbie to snort 25 20mg pills. I've been snorting for about 2 1/2 years and I can snort 20 MAX in a binge during a day or two and even then, I can see the physical effects. In NO WAY would I snort 500mgs!!! Where are you getting this info???

Please, dont' don't follow this kid's advice -- it WILL kill you!!!

Also, if you did 500mg and didn't feel anything, you may be ADD/ADHD. Commonly, people with these symptoms tend not to feel the amphetamine-like effects of Ritalin when using it recreationally. Also, a huge tolerance may have developed. In that case, don't use the Ritalin for a little bit and wait for your body to lose its tolerance.

re-read my post. i am in no way recommending eating 500mg of rits. i said to snort them not to eat them due to GI destruction of the drug. you can get good results snorting ~20mg of rits. if you're are going to eat it, you're on your own with massive oral dosages.

btw: i just starting snorting rits 4 days ago for the first time, so i'm no rits junkie. it's a very weak drug compared to coke, AMP's and meth. It's barely any fun railed w/o any alcohol and benzos. eating it is a waste too, but i've never ate 100's of mg's of rits cuz it's a waste of dinero. kapish?

AznRaver said:
Rits are weak. you gota snort instead of eating 500mg and having 90% destroyed by your GI. snort, plug, iv, but don't eat rits.

What part of this post do you guys have the impression that i recommend eating 500mg of rits? re-read the part where i say "you gota snort instead of eating 500mg....snort, plug, iv, but don't eat rits" Can you guys read? obviously not!

Guess I should clarify, since this is a harm reduction board-I have never taken 500 mg of Ritalin at once, and certainly don't enourage it. I meant 500 mg oral dose over the course of an entire day-probably never more than 40-60 mg at once, and I started at 15 mg three times a day-tolerance builds up over time. Sorry for any confusion, thanks for any advice.

Depending on the purpose of your use, you should never snort more than 80-100mg of rits in one day IMPO. For a quick pick me up, snorting ~20mg is good for me all day. for a recreational high with alcohol railing ~50-60mg of rits in a few hours is good for me, but nothing compared to good coke.

As for it's ADD/ADHD medicinal oral usage, i don't know your particular dosages, but i'm sure it's not 500mg spread over a day.

You are correct, my prescription definitely does not say 500mg/day. That would be me trying to get a certain high that I used to get from it, but has obviously disappeared, at least with oral dosing. As far as other use, I'm just curious as to the effect of Ritalin when snorted. Thanks for the tip.

i think a more realistic daily oral dose would be very low at only 120mg per day, my classmate carries 60mg for half a day at sch with him

AznRaver said:
re-read my post. i am in no way recommending eating 500mg of rits. i said to snort them not to eat them due to GI destruction of the drug. you can get good results snorting ~20mg of rits. if you're are going to eat it, you're on your own with massive oral dosages.

btw: i just starting snorting rits 4 days ago for the first time, so i'm no rits junkie. it's a very weak drug compared to coke, AMP's and meth. It's barely any fun railed w/o any alcohol and benzos. eating it is a waste too, but i've never ate 100's of mg's of rits cuz it's a waste of dinero. kapish?

youve only been snorting rids for 4 days now, but what about all the other stims??

of course ur not gonna get off on rids when ur used to large doses of mdma, amps, coke, crystal etc.... im not 100% sure, but id be willing to bet that most if not all of the substances i just listed have a cross tolerance to each other.... ritalin just isnt as hardcore as meth if ya kno what i mean.... just take it for what it is.... if a reasonable dose (20-40mg) insufflated doesnt do the trick, maybe its just not ur type of drug?

you dont hear people sayin "fuck coffee man, this shits nothin like meth!".... they're 2 different drugs with 2 different purposes.... just like a hardcore junky probably wouldnt even fuck with percs unless he didnt mind doin a cold water extraction or somethin....

either way, before you start recommending out insanely high doses, at least make it clear that you have a tolerance to stimulants so that people dont think half a gram of rids is just the normal dose.... people will be having heart attacks lol....

i think you get the point... im not jumping down ur throat or anything man, but this is a harm reduction site and i would hate to see someone who didnt know the first thing about them sniff 500mg.... especially someone with anxiety or somethin... peace

Correct, Ritalin does have a cross tolerance with cocaine. If you are doing a lot of cocaine and then get into Ritalin, you obviously won't feel the full effects of the drug. All of this info is in my FAQ that I wrote last year...

First off, Cronic King, good job on putting together that FAQ - I have much respect for people who go out of their way to make knowledge available for others in a simple, clear, concise form, and that is exactly what you have done here. Good show.

Secondly, perhaps a question for the mods or others - will there ever be a 'final' version of this FAQ? While the subsequent discussion is quite useful, as a faq, it might be better to be self-contained.

It also must be stressed to, that plugging DOES work for ritalin, and avoids many of the nasty effects of insufflation while preserving the 'rush' and associated "benefits" of "snorting".

Just felt like adding that.

offhand, and yes, I did UTFSE, but I couldn't get a 100% clear answer - what happens to ritalin when a water extraction is used vs. a methanol extraction (or isopropyl alcohol)? It is my understanding that the molecule gets ruined in some way..

Ok thats it, enough rambling.

Good faq.

Ritalin--orally is best

Take Ritalin orally, or for faster absorbtion Sublingually (under tongue)-this is better than snorting and almost as quick in onset.

You are a dickhead if you snort Ritalin, it will not last very long, and will make you a jumpy, paranoid, iritable, wreak, not to mention possible nasal damage.

Orally is longer lasting and better absorbed as well. Don't be a dickhead Ritalin snorter, it was not supposed to, or any better to take it this way.

Be smart-be safe.

Originally posted by NoRtYbYN8uRe
youve only been snorting rids for 4 days now, but what about all the other stims??

of course ur not gonna get off on rids when ur used to large doses of mdma, amps, coke, crystal etc.... im not 100% sure, but id be willing to bet that most if not all of the substances i just listed have a cross tolerance to each other.... ritalin just isnt as hardcore as meth if ya kno what i mean.... just take it for what it is.... if a reasonable dose (20-40mg) insufflated doesnt do the trick, maybe its just not ur type of drug?

you dont hear people sayin "fuck coffee man, this shits nothin like meth!".... they're 2 different drugs with 2 different purposes.... just like a hardcore junky probably wouldnt even fuck with percs unless he didnt mind doin a cold water extraction or somethin....

either way, before you start recommending out insanely high doses, at least make it clear that you have a tolerance to stimulants so that people dont think half a gram of rids is just the normal dose.... people will be having heart attacks lol....

i think you get the point... im not jumping down ur throat or anything man, but this is a harm reduction site and i would hate to see someone who didnt know the first thing about them sniff 500mg.... especially someone with anxiety or somethin... peace

did you actually read my posts? what is your point here? and don't make judgements and predictions of other people's drug use unless you ask politely and they tell you. your whole post is full of opinionated sh*t.

i'm adhd and i find snorting 15mg has heaps less side effects than eating it. comedown seems smoother and i can be calm quicker. i use those 30mg Long acting rits. they are meant to last like 6hours slow released or some shit but i find crushing them up and snort best.

AznRaver said:
did you actually read my posts? what is your point here? and don't make judgements and predictions of other people's drug use unless you ask politely and they tell you. your whole post is full of opinionated sh*t.

no my post was made for "harm reduction"... because ur advice was harmful... you dont go saying to do 500mg of ritalin unless you specify that you have a ridiculous tolerance... if someone with no tolerance did 500 mg of ritalin theyd probably be in the hospital... you gave bad advice!... if your going to suggest that kind of a dose, at least specify that you have a tolerance, and that normal people should avoid those doses... again this is a harm reduction site... you seem to think its a dicksizing site... "rits are weak, sniff 500 mg" get real man... you know how much powder that is? get real

NoRtYbYN8uRe said:
no my post was made for "harm reduction"... because ur advice was harmful... you dont go saying to do 500mg of ritalin unless you specify that you have a ridiculous tolerance... if someone with no tolerance did 500 mg of ritalin theyd probably be in the hospital... you gave bad advice!...

you need to re-read my posts. i never recommended taking 500mg of rits. please learn to read and to comprehend instead of AZZsumptions. lord have mercy. please dude.

AznRaver said:
Rits are weak. you gota snort instead of eating 500mg and having 90% destroyed by your GI. snort, plug, iv, but don't eat rits.

ahem...

and thats the post that you DIDNT erase... your lucky u got to that other one in time....

NoRtYbYN8uRe said:
ahem...

and thats the post that you DIDNT erase... your lucky u got to that other one in time....

Why would i erase that? that's exactly what i'm saying. snort rits not eat 500mg. and if you read the rest of my posts, you'll see that i say 20mg railed is good for me all day. ~50mg snorted is good recreationally. i never recommended 500mg of rits in any way. you can read, but you cannot comprehend. you just jump to idiotic conclusions just like you do in life.

It also must be stressed to, that plugging DOES work for ritalin, and avoids many of the nasty effects of insufflation while preserving the 'rush' and associated "benefits" of "snorting".

Anyone found this true?

Thanks

Plugging, to me, is like snorting the substance through the anus instead of through the nose. The membrane at the end of the large intestine is pretty thin, so absorption is more efficient, 80-90% as opposed to 70-80% for snorting and 60-70% for eating. Absorption is also quicker due to the vastly larger surface area of the large intestine as opposed to the mucosa of the nose. Despite the faster absorption, the greater efficiency means that the drug lasts just as long, if not longer, than when eaten. Plugging also greatly reduces any nausea that may occur from having the substance pass through the entire digestive tract, as when taken orally.

More Ritalin info--True?

Thanks