• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ritalin and coke

ILoveitall

Greenlighter
I know once you take stimulants your body builds up a tolerance so you need more to achieve the same results.

I take ritalin recreationally, about 100-200 mgs a day, 7-10 days per month and the rest of the month I only take Suboxone (as prescribed) and smoke weed.

I did some coke but didnt experience the same euphoria I have in the past before using Ritalin. Is it because my tolerance is higher due to the ritalin or am I not doing enough lol

Sorry if this post is confusing, It will get better I promise ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I would assume ritalin is somewhat depleting your dopamine, so the coke doesnt release as much as it would normally.

Hey Iloveitall, welcome to Bluelight :) No need to say 'swim' and all that stuff here, we talk about ourselves.

Yes, you'll certainly experience some tolerance, both DA but also NE, which will impact your subjective 'euphoria' or rush plenty. I would recommend doing less ritalin and/or fewer sessions per month if you want the coke.

OD --> BDD

The Ritalin definitely has an effect on your dopamine, which in turn is going to affect your experience with coke.

Welcome to BL! :)

IMHO Methylphenidate (Ritalin) and DextroMethylphenidate (Focalin) are IIRC DARI's, which means they have the same Dopamine Reuptake Inhibition but to a lesser degree than good old Cocaine (me personally buys an eightball (3.5 grams) every weekend almost). Hence the nicknames Kiddy Coke and Diet Coke but 100-200 mg's is a lot and gives a horrible crash without any help of Benzodiazepines or Cannabis IME. Hope to have helped you out. :)

-- Peace o/