• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP PottedMeat

Wow... I just started exchanging PM's with PottedMeat not even 3 weeks ago. :( he was keeping me in line for spouting some offensive words to another bler. we were confrontational at first but the messages slowly took on a more friendly exchange....he really did care about this site. i can tell he was a good guy...
listen dude, dont get the wrong impression about me. I try to play well with others. But, when you noobs fill the lounge with bs that offends ladies, I have to step in. A lot of us have put in a lot of hard work to make this site what it has become.

If you are serious about joining us here, you need to avoid the trolls and their bs threads that make a joke out of our site. So you need to choose your path accordingly. It is my job to budge people one way or the other.

RIP PottedMeat. Best wishes to you and the rest of the family britney.

on the night of april 17th, my dad, who posted on these forums as PottedMeat, died after a long struggle with heart disease. i think this place was pretty important to him, so i felt i should share this news with the community.

he was a great dad to me and hopefully a good friend to some of you. we're having his memorial service today, and we're going to miss him in our lives.

sorry if this thread is in the wrong section; i tried to post in the shrine section but don't have the ability. please move this thread if you need to.

WOW, Britney, im so so soooo sorry to hear this, it must be extreamly hard for you, but he will be missed I can tell by the posts these BL members have to say about him, R.I.P Im sure he will. Any problems or anything just PM ME, Im always around to help a needed person. :)
Peace
-Relax-

thanks, everyone. it's been a couple of weeks now, and things have gotten a little bit easier, but not exactly easy. i miss him so much. it was just so unexpected. even with all of his health issues we still thought we'd have another few years with him at least. it really helps to see that his personality came out in his posts here. there is no one else out there like him, that's for sure.

i have read some of them. his most recent ones. i didn't know about this forum while he was alive, and i don't think he would have wanted me to see most of what he said here. he was a pretty private person, and as his daughter i think he had a very different interaction with me than he had with his friends. but what i have seen has made me happy.

to the person who sent me a private message, i'd like to talk to you, but i can't respond to PM's yet because i'm not a bluelighter, and i'm pretty far away from being one at the moment since i only have a few posts. if you PM me your email address i will send you a message.

Sorry for your loss. It's always surreal and depressing to loose a fellow BL'er. I didn't know PM very well but I remember his posts and he seemed like a great guy. RIP.

I miss you, Daddy.

* PottedMeat was my dad. He died April 17, 2009. If anyone has something they feel they need to express to me, then my email address is: [email protected] . He was a very strong, intelligent lawyer known for his silly sense of humor and his extreme loyalty to those he loved. <3

Sorry if I have reopened an old thread.

Dang, too many bluelighters dying recently.

RIP

Jeez... lets get this man a thread in the shrine. Rip!!.

I remember his posts in the old legal discussion forum. He was intelligent and always knew what he was talking about in a forum where real knowledge was severly lacking. Hope his family finds comfort.

I remember him too. He posted in SLR. I had no idea something was wrong. He seemed really smart and interesting. This brings back flashbacks.

I miss you, Daddy.

* PottedMeat was my dad. He died April 17, 2009. If anyone has something they feel they need to express to me, then my email address is: [email protected] . He was a very strong, intelligent lawyer known for his silly sense of humor and his extreme loyalty to those he loved. <3

Sorry if I have reopened an old thread.

RIP PottedMeat.

Too many deaths :(

Imagine if bluelight simply wasn't here. There is no alternative for proper harm reduction that I've found on the web. This site must've saved so many lives, unfortunately some get lost too - thus is the nature of illegal or non-prescribed or abuse of legally prescribed drugs.

My condolences to his family.

Stato.