• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP Mugz

I haven't logged in in almost 2 years, but Mugzs sister had contacted me before even BL knew, and I realized I had to log in to show my respects. We spent a lot of time on Skype and always wanted to meet, I had been letting my real life interfere, and the last fb msg he sent me said "I'll always be here to listen<3"

Rest in peace Martin, ill certainly never forget you, and I've yet to send a sympathy card because I cry when I try to write it. I can't believe you're gone. I hope you are finally free from everything you had going on in your head and are truly in a better place, and you've certainly left footprints in the hearts of many across the world. You will be greatly missed <3

Hi folks,

If you'd like to pay your respects on facebook please do.

Martin's funeral was last Wednesday. It was the worst day of my life - saying goodbye to him was harder than anything I've ever done. Worse than my sister's funeral even.

His family kept saying to me "thank you for making Martin so happy" but all I could say was "it wasn't enough". It breaks my heart that I didn't do enough to keep him here. If I was sure of life after death, I'd kill myself to be with him again. There's no one in this world who I love as much as I loved Martin.

As it is, I'll try to honour him by living on and making something more of my life than I have done so far.

<3 rest in peace my friend

Who the hell are you to say something like that anglesmoke is trying to grieve the loss of her true love... Wether Martin made bad decisions or not that she knew a side to him that filled her heart with love, joy and happiness. So let her grieve as she wants and if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything!!!!!!!!

I was just thinking about Martin today.
I miss talking to him. I still expect him to be there ready to laugh with whenever I log on to skype. He was one of the most genuinely decent people I'd ever had the chance to meet, even if only online. He wanted to come to London around this time so that we could see each other in person. Wish that could've happened.
Of all people...
I need to stop going through all these Shrine threads. Sometimes this website is just too much.
Martin I'm gonna get published be it just to honour our conversations fantasising about actually being any good at writing.
<3

love, joy and happiness

This, definitely. Martin made me so happy, when we were together and when we weren't.

When I moved house last October I was getting really freaked out and upset by having a house full of boxes and nowhere to relax. Martin had been there for me via text messages all evening, being really supportive and lovely. I really needed to get out of these, so he invited me over. I think we'd both planned for an evening together, but packed took me so long it was midnight before I got there. I only stayed for an hour -- we watched some episodes of CSI on netflix, and chatted. He comforted me when I got sad and gave me more of those famously amazing Mugz hugs. It wasn't a big thing, but i really needed someone that night and he was there for me 100%. He was going through a bad time at the time and he didn't even want to talk about it, just wanted to be there for me.

So many times since we broke up he has said "I'll always be here for you 24/7, no matter what". And he always was. He gave an incredible amount. I could do with some of those hugs right now, and more importantly would like to give him a million hugs and tell him (again -- I did tell him this when he was alive, lots, even when we weren't together) that he's my most favouritest person in the world.

Miss you <3

Martin's funeral was last Wednesday. It was the worst day of my life - saying goodbye to him was harder than anything I've ever done. Worse than my sister's funeral even.

His family kept saying to me "thank you for making Martin so happy" but all I could say was "it wasn't enough". It breaks my heart that I didn't do enough to keep him here.

I hope you feel a bit less shocked & winded by now Angel. Its so cool that his family said those lovely things to you, listen to them and accept their gratitude, for it is deserved.

Have no regrets. It was evident how much he loved you and thought the world of you. He would have told us if you were an arse :) but he always said how great you were, and totally understood why you couldn't be together, and felt bad for putting you in various situations. You did what you had to do, and had to love Mugz in the only way you could at the time. He didn't give you much choice at times, I imagine.

RIP Mugz, I miss you here and am saddened every time I see one of your posts.

RIP Martin,

You knew I tried to help you during four years but you knew best unfortunately. :(

Mugz was my number 1 "bluelighter you want to meet"..

I wish I got to know him better.

Much love to you angelsmoke <3

I can't put into words how much I love and miss you Marts.. My world has been turned upside down, I still don't believe it sometimes, especially on the weekends I wait till Sunday and think oh ill phone marts but then realise I can't.. I sit in the garden every night and there is a star in the same place every night and I talk to it thinking its you (sounds stupid I know) but it makes me feel a bit closer to you, and then I fall asleep and wake up a few hours later freezing.. You were the best big brother anyone could ask for.. I came to see you at the chapel of rest with mum Stacey and angelsmoke.. I'm so happy I got to hold your hand and kiss your head haha you couldn't pull away this time... There is a huge part of me that's died too and to be honest i wish it was me rather then you. I know you are in a happier place now. And although i lost my brother I gained an angel..
I promise you I will look after mum and dad. I'm going to save some money and go traveling for you as I know you didn't get the chance.. So you can come with me in my heart and as my angel..
Love you and miss you so much my darling brother..
Your baby sis xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just so you all know Martin's autopsy was inconclusive so there doing an inquest into his death. I will let you know when I find out myself, can take up to a year. So please stop with the accusations and trying to place blame when you don't know what really happened.
Regards
Mugz sister

Yeah this hit me again the other night, it was not all a bad dream. Mugz and FT.

Here are some things that have reminded me of you in the last week. I was so lucky to have you in my life. xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Frog. At our old house, there was a big frog in the garden sometimes. After he'd appeared a few times, I said "do you think we should name him?". You said "his name is Herbert". So the little frog in my garden is now called Herbert Jr.
Hollyoaks. I remember you moaning about how Mercedes has a long neck. "Like a giraffe".
11.11. 11.11 was your favourite time! Sometimes you'd just text me at 11.11 with nothing else to say but "1111".
Plate. We bought two plates. When we split, you took one. I couldn't even look at it for months afterwards. Now... I use it and I think of you, and hope that wherever you are you're happy.
"Guess what?". It used to infuriate me when you said "guess what?" without any context. So I used to guess the most ridiculous things until you got sick of it and finally told me what I was meant to be guessing.
Fan. Our first summer together it was SO HOT in my little flat you kept saying we should buy a fan. I just didn't want to get in my hot hot car and drive anywhere, so kept being a dinlo and saying fans are STUPID and just circulate the hot air. Finally you convinced me and we got one. 5 seconds after I turned it on I was like "ahhhhhh Marty, you were right!!!". You always mocked me whenever I enjoyed the cool fan breeze. "Is it just circulating the hot air?!!".
Tree. I looked up the big tree in my garden and found out it's a field maple. Apparently they make good bonsai trees. I wish you were here because I could give you a seedling and you could bonsai it. You tried to make a bonsai tree from a sycamore when we lived together, but it didn't work.
Plant. I still have the houseplant we bought together. It's practically a little tree now. I'll always look after it because it reminds me of you. I had another houseplant that my mum got me, but it died when you did. It was weird... it had been fine, but the day after I found out you had died it was all wilted, and it died too.
Film. Into The Wild was your favourite film. I always had mixed feelings about it. When we first got together, I said to you "if you run, I'll run with you". But later I said that I thought Chris McCandless was selfish and thoughtless for doing what he did. Now you're like him, dead too young. I'm so sorry that you had to make the journey on your own. I also know that although you liked the idea of being a leather tramp, you'd never ever have wanted to put your loved ones through what they're suffering now.
Cardboard. You used to torment me by putting the cardboard in the wrong recycling bin. Everything else went in the blue bin, and cardboard in the green bin. You used to wind me up at the most random times -- like I'd be hassling you to do the washing up, and you'd be like "dose the washing up go in the BLUE BIN??".
Henry. I still owe you 25% of the price of my hoover.
Sleep. Sometimes when I'm on the edge of sleep, you're so close I can almost feel you. You're RIGHT THERE but when I reach out for you I snap awake and I remember that you're not here anymore.
Webcam. Turns out webcams CAN be hacked. Maybe you weren't being paranoid.
Buffy. I've been watching Buffy The Vampire Slayer since you told me it's available on Lovefilm instant. It's good, not seen it in years. Thanks for the tip, and also for the tips about Breaking Bad, Dollhouse and Andromeda.
Nice to see you. If I said that to you you'd reply "to see you nice". Silly :)
Lamb. I think our best and most content times together were when you first got your job at the hospital. It was originally a part time contract, so you weren't under as much stress as when you worked full time. It was important to me that you "contributed" financially - had I known how much less happy you'd be working full time and how much it'd eventually cost us, I would never have wanted you to work full time. The "contribution" you made when you were working part time to my life: you'd get home from work in the early afternoon. You'd have time to relax and be by yourself, then you'd go to the local butchers and grovers. Practically every night I'd come home to home cooked food fresh from these local places. You made the most delicious and incredible dinners. My favourite were your fresh spicy burgers. I'd go on to anyone who'd listen about how great you were at cooking. It was just a mirror of our life really: I can cook well if I have a recipe to follow, whereas you much preferred being creative and just making stuff up, and the results were phenominally tasty. You always danced to your own tune.
Indeed. Indeed!!!!

Angelsmoke I love how you can remember the good times, whilst reading it made me cry with happiness because you both shared some amazing times together and because I miss him too.. I wish I could write like that but I end up all upset. People think I should have done my grieving now but ill never get over it... I'm actually sat watching home alone, we used to watch it together when we were little and come up with plans in case someone burgled our houses!! Anyway I thought your post was beautiful, I'm sure he's looking down on you, keeping you safe, bragging about you and how proud he is of you. 11.11 was also mum and martins number and since he has passed away mum always wakes up at 11.11... Maybe one day ill be able to write my good memory's but for now it's still to raw but I love to hear everyone else's. thinking of you a lot angelsmoke I'm always hear if you want to talk..
Marty's sister
Sesal (Sarah)
xxxx

Quote from angelsmoke

Cardboard. You used to torment me by putting the cardboard in the wrong recycling bin. Everything else went in the blue bin, and cardboard in the green bin. You used to wind me up at the most random times -- like I'd be hassling you to do the washing up, and you'd be like "dose the washing up go in the BLUE BIN??".

This made me laugh he always said that he couldn't do the washing up as he was allergic to the dish soap!!! I've now taken on that excuse but I actually am, it makes my hands blister and dry!!! :)

P.s I have no idea how to do the linked posts but I hope you see it :) x

<3<3

Haha - he always used to say to me he was allergic too! He was just a lazy boy though!!

Course you're not done grieving. Believe me I understand. What are you supposed to say when someone asks "do you have any brothers or sisters?" or says to your mum "do you have any children?". How are you supposed to answer that without breaking down? I understand and it breaks my heart and always will.

I wuvoo and I wuv him, and I always always will.

Last edited:
Weird how moods changed. When I posted that long post I was feeling positive and happy about the time we spent together. But all of a sudden today I've just started crying again. It's so unfair -- he was so gentle and kind. I just literally can't believe it even now. Part of me still seems to think I can go "I'm sick of this now, let's get back together". Rest in peace Marty -- there's a massive hole in my life where you used to be.

Rest In Paradise, Mugz
There was something very endearing and wonderful about you—even just online you had a presence that radiated both pain and warmth. You and that lovely batch of chest hair of yours will not be forgotten!
30a3jow.gif

I really fucking miss you right now. I'm sorry we never met up. Seems unbelievable really.

<3 <3