Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

RIP DJ Edwin

Oldred3s

Bluelighter
Just wanted to make a thread stayin that last week Brisbane hard dance DJ, DJ Edwin passed away from a heart attack.
DJ Edwin used to work at central station records, held residency at The Beat, Rockafellas and held many dance parties in Brisbane through the 90s.
A much loved guy, awesome DJ Edwin was responsible for so much in the Brisbane rave and clubbing scene.
Truly a good soul and he spun vinyl every time.
RIP you big happy bastard. Hope you happy in the big race in the sky bro.

He used to play the most banging twisted sets at the beat.... really knew how to work the crowd. I didn't know him personally but he'd always smile and say hi or wink.
My last memory of him was myself....my partner....and one of my best mates decided to be those old people that stand out like dog balls at raves. We ate a handful of pills and went to Rockafellas. My last memory of Edwin was him seeing me......actually recognizing me... and giving me a really big smile and a thumbs up. I think he thought it was as funny as we did trying to run amok. He will be sorely missed. He was a true gentleman and a fucking wicked DJ.
Here's his open RIP page on Facebook. There are also details posted by relatives for his service which is on Monday. All are welcome just don't go off chops or raved up. Show some respect :)
https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=294648810690796

Edwin was my introduction to banging hard house in the mid 90s when The dirty Beat was one of my main haunts. I have such clear memories (strangely) of him behind the decks; he'd look out over the crowd and then close his eyes, and would almost swish his arms over the turntables, as if he was moving the music through the air. A fucking excellent, excellent DJ and a really nice guy - as rm2x said, always ready with a smile for those he recognised from around the traps. This is a big loss :(

I met DJ Edwin at rockafellas about 8 years ago. It was a quiet night, think it was a Tuesday and he let me have a go behind the decks and go through his vinyls.

Awesome fella.

RIP dude

This Sunday. April 27.

I am thrilled to be able to announce the DJ line-up:
Sonik, J-San, Darren James, Kesson, Brett Wockner and Breadmaker.
For everyone couldn't get to the Beat because they couldn’t organise a baby sitter, or had to work the next day, this will be your chance to dust off your kandy, drag out your phat pants, and pay your respects to Edwin.

Sunday the 27th of April the Valley’s newest club, Deluxe will be specially opening from 4-11 PM to give everyone a final opportunity to say goodbye to one of the Valley’s most loved people, DJ Edwin.

This will be like the Sunday sessions of old, relaxed and loads of fun.

Free entry.
Dress code: wear your favourite rave wear.