Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Rikodiene shortage

floatingaround

Bluelighter
I've hit up 9 pharmacys in the last week and none have had any riko stock. NSW central coast area.

Wondering if its happening anywhere else? And if the government are cracking down on it because its the last legal opiate you can buy without prescription.

The only reason I seek it is for my H cravings. Nasty stuff otherwise

Dihydrocodeine is OTC (pharmacist only) in Australia? I never knew this while I was there, wouldn't have wasted my time with codeine had I known that.

I've hit up 9 pharmacys in the last week and none have had any riko stock. NSW central coast area.

Wondering if its happening anywhere else?
Yeah, asked at a few places about a month ago (SE Qld). All said the same thing.
Dihydrocodeine is OTC (pharmacist only) in Australia? I never knew this while I was there, wouldn't have wasted my time with codeine had I known that.
It's a strawberry cough syrup, much less pleasant to consume than a CWE of codeine tablets.

What's the concentration mg/ml? Can't be that bad, can it?

Roughly 2mg per mL of dihydrocodeine tartate, plus some sorbitol. It's okay occasionally, but I definitely wouldn't want to be drinking it regularly.

Roughly 2mg per mL of dihydrocodeine tartate, plus some sorbitol. It's okay occasionally, but I definitely wouldn't want to be drinking it regularly.
It's always the artificial sweeteners that make these syrups vile.

Gagging just thinking about when I did dxm in the form of robitussin.. I couldn't eat cheery flavored lollies for over a decade and only just recently can enjoy them again. Cherry coke still makes me gag just smelling it though.

I'd hate for that to happen to the flavor of strawberry haha. Cheery I can live without. Strawberry? Na man that's sacred haha.

200ml bottle mixed with sprite or lemon soft drink drunk within an hour gives pretty strong effects.

You need to eat after it though, once you've peaked make sure you eat something. The sorbitol sitting in your guts will cause havoc. At the very least all you will experience is gassy-ness.

that sorbitol makes a motha fucka SHIT. and shit and shit and shit. for the rest of the night. it's awful stuff.

I mean yeah it's got codeine in it. But it'll make you shit your pants with that sorbitol.

However considering I was addicted to opiates when I'd use it as a last resort and chronically constipated from codeine and heroin, sort of served me well to clear out my guts once in a while.

Do they really think they can stop me getting high? I will sit on a toilet all night nodding while shitting if I have to, if I shit, I shit.

Nice try, rikodeine.

But seriously, they've probably started clamping down on it. You really don't want to be drinking this stuff and getting the runs constantly it isn't good for your health.

I never had that problem with it. Granted, I wasn't guzzling bottles of it. At ~100 milligrams, I thought of it as kind of a cleaner, more silent version of codeine. It worked quietly; hushed the opioid receptors, but I can't say I felt the warmth and floaty daydream high of codeine.

Some people find it stronger though.

I found the flavouring and gloopy liquid more of a limiting factor than the sorbitol.

I went to a couple of pharmacies in melb inner north, no luck! Must be a shortage or they are cracking down

I went to a couple of pharmacies in melb inner north, no luck! Must be a shortage or they are cracking down
There has been a legitimate shortage of Rikodeine and other cough suppressants for a while.

Also, some pharmacies stopped stocking it a while ago (around the time codeine became Schedule 4)

One pharmacist's assistant told me their pharmacy carries it but doesn't sell it without a script (most online pharmacies do this too).

There has been a legitimate shortage of Rikodeine and other cough suppressants for a while.

Also, some pharmacies stopped stocking it a while ago (around the time codeine became Schedule 4)

One pharmacist's assistant told me their pharmacy carries it but doesn't sell it without a script (most online pharmacies do this too).
Interesting good to know. I haven't bought it for a while. It's genuinelya decent cough suppressant. I first had it years ago when an old fella gave it to me on the overnight xpt syd-melb when I had a very annoying cough, it really helped (both me and the rest of the train lol)

From what I understand, Rikodine is only approved for supply until 31 July 2023, which is coming up soon. My best guess, they have rolled back production on Rikodine until they know for a fact they are going to be re-approved for supply.

Its not really a good business move to manufacture 10's of thousands of bottles if there isn't a guarantee you will be allowed to sell them. DHC wasn't affected by the codeine up scheduling, so there isn't really a reason I can think of as to why It might not be re approved for supply, however given the recent attention it's been receiving in the media, I wouldn't be surprised if Rikodine was on the way out.