• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Ridiculous Fads

im sure tsubi made back the front jeans.

the only cool back the front was a raggy doll.

BRATS !!!

- Remember the group of boob-tube and mini-skirt wearing 12 year olds you saw slutting it up at your local Westfield shopping centre over christmas? Well, they now came in doll form at $40 a pop.

ROBOPETS !!!

- I bought my best mate the biggest and best robo-pet available - The Roboraptor. It cost me $130 and apparently won 'Toy of the year' in 2005. Turns out to be the biggest waste of money ever, we are still trying to figure out what it actually does, other than make a series of really, really irritating noises.

EMO AND HARDCORE KIDS (AND THEIR BAD HAIRCUTS) !!!

- I must have been living under a rock in Newtown/Redfern, because i didn't notice the severe escalation of this fad until i moved upto Newcastle. Alternative has become the new mainstream. Suddenly serious illnesses like depression and self mutilation have become trendy and cool. Your mum didn't get you an xbox for christmas, you got some chocolate sauce on your favourite t-shirt and your high school sweetheart broke your heart. Guess what? Nobody gives a fuck! So stop talking about it and actually kill yourself.

MYSPACE.COM !!!

- After 3 months as a member, i've slowly realised that below the shiny exterior, the site doesn't actually do anything. You write some self-indulgent shit about yourself and some wanker or dumb bitch sucks your dick by posting a useless comment. You add some more friends and suck some more dick. Upload a few pictures of yourself and some more dick sucking ensues. Complete by sucking a big fat dick.

TV Shows like:-

Australian Idol
Big Brother

Pauline Hanson - The poster child for stupidity in this country.

Calling people 'UnAustralian' if you disagree with them on a political based issue and trying to shame them to your view point.

Using other insults like:-

'Bleeding heart' - I'd rather be that than 'lack a heart'.

'Being politically correct' - Used alone as an insult to avoid debating the issue you disagree with.Also,hypocritcial because it's been replaced by a new version of being 'politically correct': The new 'anti-terrorism sedition laws'.

samadhi said:
Stussy Hats

When i was in high school, i never had a pair, but EVERYONE seemed to wear those horrendous cross-colours jeans (ie, Red with green stitching, purple with yellow stitching).

biggest nostalgia flashback to primary school from that. mambo shirts. 26 red jeans. elastics. 8o

INDUSTRIE CLOTHING: I'm not sure if an entire clothing label can be classed as a fad but fuck it I'm going to say its one anyway. Despite being guilty of buying some of their stuff on occassion, it seems that this is turning into THE clothes that every man/boy aged 15-30 is wearing. Its not too bad in melbourne but since coming back to Bendigo to live over the uni holidays it seems everyone is wearing Industry. Myer and 2 of the big clothes stockists in this town have loads of the stuff and I went out on the weekend and I saw so many of those bloody stripped polos with Industrie written on the collar. Sure some of their stuff is funky but alot of it is just plain ugly.

Those charity bands too, the rubber braclets like "Make Povery History" they were the shit about half way through 2005. I guess its a good thing that alot of money was going to charity but now I see people wearing em them and they aren't even charity orientated, just lame bits of rubber with a company logo.

Bendigo seems to be adopting Melbourne's old fads with vigour, like people are still wearing their Mohawks with pride and they are still one of the most common hairdoes, yet they are definately on the outer in melbourne. That said, I loved the Mohawk when I had one, so I guess there are worse trends to still be hanging on too.

Big Brother : "Watch these pituary retards bang their fucking skulls together and congratulate you on living in the land of freedom!"

Von Dutch : Only because a guy could make sooo much money and suck people in based on copy-cat designs with his name stamped on them!

Raz said:
Back to fads: whatever the fuck happened to spokey dokeys???? Or does that just make me look old....? 8)

I saw spokey dokeys a few times on bikes in the Netherlands, but then, Holland is an entirely subjective experience.

:D

tamgochi, pokemon cards, football cards, YO-YOs, stencils, skating (and other xtreme sports), tech decks (finger skateboards), drugs..

i wanna disagree with whoever said chuck taylors (hi-top converse made of canvas) are a fad.. dude, they'[ve been around since the 60's. they are like dunlop volleys (except they're bloody expensive these days, i got my first pair back in early high school and they cost me about 40-50 bucks), i'd much rather boot around in them at a mud-filled festival than a pair of 130 dollar skate shoes or royals or anything else like that! they are a staple of my wardrobe! (having said that i've got one other pair of shoes... NONETHELESS! connies/chuckies/gymies are here to stay - fucken best $70:X i spend each year!

as for my dodgy fads...
how about homies? (late nineties - i blame the movie dangerous minds)
house music?
electro?
ecstacy?
emo?
wrist cuffs? (yes i was a victim - but mine was BADASS!)

and my beloved fads...
TAZO! - i went to school with a guy who wouldn't play tazo, just collect em..pffft!
if skateboarding is/was a fad then i'm the biggest tryhard out!
using the word tryhard!
east 17!

i could go on...

but i wont...

peace!

-=DLouD247=D-

I owned a Tamagotchi, Odd Bods, Tazo's, Pokemon cards, and Energy drink cans (i know it isn't a fad, but it was a big deal to me)

endlesseulogy said:
Big Brother : "Watch these pituary retards bang their fucking skulls together and congratulate you on living in the land of freedom!"

Ripping off old Bill Hicks is a pretty cool fad... I should know; I do it all the time.

Man, them packets of chips you could put in the oven and they shrink to a little mini packet :)

kryalkastleE said:
i thought he was ripping off adam freelands "we want your soul"

Nah, its Bill Hicks "Revelations". Awesome routine.