• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Retro game market? Anyone involved? Familiar?

somnilicious

Bluelighter
I just found a # of large boxes full of Nintendo, Super Nintendo, N64 and game cube games in one of our old attics. I'm looking up what some of these games are going for on the used market and I'm amazed. Now I know people can list a game for whatever they want, doesn't mean it will sell but even after finding the mean average for all games I'm looking at $3000 or more. Is there really a market since their is immolation now? How long would this type of stuff take to sell at good market prices?

Anyone involved in retro game market or familiar with doing this?

It really depends on what you have, what condition it's in, if you have the original packaging/contents/booklets etc.

Some games are extremely valuable, others you couldn't give away

i would be very interested just to see what you have. I wish I'd kept all my stuff over the years.

there are some Facebook groups where collectors pay top dollar if you have what they're looking for

There are quite a few millenials and gen X who collect that stuff, or even buy it to replay it.

Like mal said, some games were massively produced, others were made in limited numbers and can be quite valuable.

The consoles themselves pretty much always sell.

But I wouldn't expect it to sell super fast unless you sell under market price.

or maybe they might rent your product for a period of 10hrs while filming specific shows such as this or others, others might be a record shop or you know if you're in united states the console market has bulimia over computer oasis negociation. US might if not be the #1 in consoles. They were first to rise them to this standard that Sony themselves said it became a umbrella over Japan in terms of sales.

It really depends on what you have, what condition it's in, if you have the original packaging/contents/booklets etc.

Some games are extremely valuable, others you couldn't give away

i would be very interested just to see what you have. I wish I'd kept all my stuff over the years.

there are some Facebook groups where collectors pay top dollar if you have what they're looking for
Unfortunately I haven't found boxes or books yet but we had all those too at one time. I got a lot of Zelda's, Super Mario Worlds. I got original and Super Metroid. I got Harvest Moon for 64 or SNES. I think there was an old Animal Crossing.

Unfortunately I haven't found boxes or books yet but we had all those too at one time. I got a lot of Zelda's, Super Mario Worlds. I got original and Super Metroid. I got Harvest Moon for 64 or SNES. I think there was an old Animal Crossing.
Those are all good games with fan bases that you could probably sell easily. Although for exactly how much depends on exactly what games out of the series and console that it's for. If I remember right, Harvest Moon for N64 goes for a decent amount

Edit: okay, not as much as I remember, but Harvest Moon 64 seems to go for $25-$60 which is a wide range. Harvest Moon for SNES seems to go for 300-400$. So yeah, really depends on the game and what console it's for