Restraining Order ?

blahblahblah

Bluelighter
What are the requirements in order to get a restraining order against a person...?

Are previous police reports required or can you basically obtain one with no real 'substantuated' basis. Suppose I have an insane ex-girlfriend that will not leave me alone and is a little bit of a head-case she hasn't done anything to cause me to take action and I like to avoid having anything having to do with the police like a plague. She is just too much, I completely ignore her and refuse to talk to her. Yet, she still follows me where ever I go, calls at all hours, and is basically an annoyance to my life.

I have talked to her but its hopeless, what are my options on obtaining a order of protection or a restraining order, I really don't know the difference and if somebody could point me in the right direction it would be helpful.

Basically what do I need to get an order served, fuck this bitch.

This would be specifically for the State of Illinois.

:\

The restraining order may help........but I have a feeling that it could end up causing more probs.

Maybe the best idea..........well at least worth a try.......is to completely ignore her, no matter what she does to seek attention.

Every time u even in the smallest ammount, acknowledge her presence, she is getting what she wants.

Its not easy, I know........but if u can totally ignore her then I suspect she will get tired of her games........mainly cos she wont be winning..........and move on to the next sucker.

Im in Australia, so I cant really help with info re the restraining order........sorry.

good luck.

Don't you somehow have to have the law enforcement involved in order to obtain and uphold a restraining order?

Go down to your local superior court, stop at the general information desk, and let them know you would like the paperwork necessary to file a protective order. i have one against someone who i can guarantee is about 5x more insane than your ex... bleh! so you just bring it back and you go before the judge and explain the situation, and you get an answer. good luck!

I'll go ahead and move this to Legal. You'll get better responses there.

In which county in IL do you reside? I'll try to pull up a link to the court w/proper jurisdiction.

Miss Sin- A restraining order has to be issued by a judge. If it is violated, then the person who got the restraining order notifies the police of the violation, and the person who the restraining order is against can be arrested.

As far as what evidence is required, it certainly never hurts to have a police report, but a written log of the behaviors by date and time and a frank discussion with the judge should at least be enough to substantiate a temporary restraining order.

Its funny I was in a similar situation, i was recieving 20 to 30 calls a day. teh ansa messages would go from real cute to demonic maliciousness and threats. Some of her little triumphs included, placing a a big bag of maggots under the bath prior to moving out, which caused a spontanious combustion of hundreds of big scary bluebottle/flies in the house. It was very spooky.
Other things was going into males and females toilets of bars a cafes i would frequent and scroll across the wall my name and that i was HIV+ and HEP C +.
There was bundles more fun and games.
So what happened I put up and distanced myself a little each day and one day she found a new man and it all stopped. Now I was the fucker as I had finished the relationship, so felt, I had to become an emotional dart board for a while ...
I wouldnt take out teh restraining order as its not in my nature to use the police in such a way.
isnt it fashionable to have your own personal stalker, no I shouldnt make light of it as I am sure your feeling teh stress, however after its all gone you might miss the attention and find teh situation amusing.

The only thing I would fear is your drug use. You seem to have a cornicopia of drugs at all times. I would just worry about this bitch ratting you out and bringing unneeded heat.
How about changing your phone number?
I know that has worked well for a lot of people I know.

The requirements for a restraining order and an order of protection are similar, but an OP is generally issued in cases where the parties are related or reside together.

Obtaining a TRO is not as easy as most people believe. In most jurisdictions, there must be an "imminent" threat that would lead a reasonable person to believe that they are about to suffer irreparable harm to self or property. Given the facts you stated, there does not appear to be a reasonable threat of imminent harm.

You might consider filing charges against her for telephone harassment or possibly stalking. To build a case for tele. harass. or stalking, I would first send her a certified letter telling her to not contact you any further or you will file charges against her. Additionally, as Rosclot stated, you may want to consider changing your tele. no. If the harassment continues after you have notified her and changed your tele. no., you should have a good case for filing stalking charges against her.

Lastly, keep a log that indicates the place, date and time that she called you or followed you. You can use this log if and when you goto court.