Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Replacement for Benzos (short-term use)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrokenPromise

Bluelighter
My current job is in Sales and for some reason when I take Valium or Xanax before a shift my commissions sky rockets. Last shift I made an extra $200 in 3 hours plus my base rate. When I go in sober I'm lucky to get any commissions at all and the shifts feel like forever. I don't plan on taking this stuff forever but until I get a better job I don't see the harm. I was wondering if there's any other drug that would have a similar effect until I get my next Valium script in 2 weeks? I can get Oxy and Morphone pills, Codiene doesn't really do much for me. Any other ideas? Maybe Dexies? I've never tried them.

Nothing will work as well as benzos, and I'd be careful relying on them to do your job. Tolerance and dependance will kick in, then you will need them to get out of the house, not just do better at your job. I also don't think taking opiods is a good idea for the same reasons.

You should try and work through your anxiety issues naturally, not with drugs. Otherwise you're going to end up with a lot more problems and no job at all.

benzos are often far too sloppy for this and at one time or another you are going to take too much and it will be plain obvious. I find people in sales particular well suited to stimulants, even just a low dose. Either way it is very difficult to break the work-drug habit either way you go, i've completed very few work shifts completely sober in my life.

i did the benzo sales (not selling benzos but selling products/services while benzod) thing for 6 months and left and ended up staying unemployed and withdrawing from benzos the first time. It really sucked and i immediately relapsed when i got a new job, and this cycle continues and continues for me.

a good replacement though is definitely kratom. Get maeng da and you will be amazed at what it can do for you. It's one of the best drugs for going to work and being productive. It's also relatively harmless and less liable to addiction issues (though will cause a mild dependence after a while). Once i'm tapered down from benzos i'm gonna go back to kratom, it's kind of like the mild version of the best of two worlds, up and down, with far less issues than opiates/benzos/amps.

^ Would be good if it was legal here.

Seems like lots of people have been getting good results from Kratom in the states, I'm interested in trying it.

Last edited:
Well I only work 3 days a week and I've experimented off benzos and like I said I make a lot less money, if you don't keep up your targets you'll get laid off so I'd much rather be on benzos just for work then get fired and lose my apartment. There's no way I'd ever get addicted to stims or opiates, I've tried most of them already and never felt the need to try them again. I will try and source some Kratom this week but if not I'll get some dexies.

You should try and work through your anxiety issues naturally, not with drugs. Otherwise you're going to end up with a lot more problems and no job at all.

This is probably the most appropriate answere. If your making no money at your job without drugs, then it might be time for a career change.

How long where you thinking of doing this for?

There's no way I'd ever get addicted to stims or opiates

Believe me, it happens.

Kratom is illegal here, I have never been able to find any and I was very keen to try some. Kava (real kava, not crappy extracts that don't work) is also illegal here. In fact, everything that works is illegal here.

I think these replies are unnecessarily negative. I can relate with a small amount of benzos improving performance.

There is no reason why you will end up unable to function without benzos, or that it is inevitable that you will turn up to work "sloppy" etc. I remember having to get up and do some public speaking and was extremely anxious. I had access to only 5mg of diaz, which I obviously took and felt no effect. 5 mg is not going to affect me. But when I got up to speak, yer I noticed it. It was like I was a different person.

I remembered this occasion and its worked successfully since.

Opiates will have the same effect, it close but the benzos I think are better.

Don't get "sloppy". You can take a small amount, feel nothing, but then notice you are just performing better. Just be careful.

I think these replies are unnecessarily negative.

I don't think any response is unnecessarily negative at all, in fact, on a harm reduction forum, I would say they are completely necessary. I also don't think they're negative, they're factual.

I understand it can happen but I've seen first hand what opiate and stim abuse can do to people and even when I was at my lowest points I never dared to get involved even though I've always had access to those kinds of drugs.

I am 20 and am studying full-time, a career change isn't exactly easy when I have no experience in any other fields and it's extremely hard to find a new job that fits in with my study schedule. I've had a long battle with benzo dependance for 2 years, I now only take benzos 3-4 times a week (at work). I was once on 50mg+ Diazepam and 6mg+ of Alprazolam and I am now back to 15mg of Valium and have been for nearly a year and I find no tolerance at all. My doctor and psychologist don't seem to have any problem with my 'legal' benzo use.

Believe me, it happens.

Kratom is illegal here, I have never been able to find any and I was very keen to try some. Kava (real kava, not crappy extracts that don't work) is also illegal here. In fact, everything that works is illegal here.

Kava is definitely legal in Australia. You can import 2kg kava at once if my memory serves me correctly. I always get my friends to bring me back fijian or Vanuatu kava. There are heaps of legal drugs that work well but most are pretty shit in terms of after effects eg: making u sick and so forth. Im assuming thats what u meant? Kava kava, HBW, Cacti, Codeine, PST/PPT, poppers and few other things would be sweet if only they would have no adverse effects which can be off putting.

As to the original question from the OP its really hard to find a similar substance as none of them are the same. Shame codeine doesnt work for u as it can reduce anxiety by quite a bit and also very social drug to be on. Im not sure about the legality of Phenibut but I heard that it is very useful. Never used the stuff, im out of the loop with all RC's and the alike so I cant really comment on that.

im not much of a salesman, but i could sell tea to china on dex dex dex

Sorry BrokenPromise, but I don't see this thread as being appropriate for BL. We're not here to tell you which drugs are best to use at work.

BrokenPromise said:
There's no way I'd ever get addicted to stims or opiates, I've tried most of them already and never felt the need to try them again. I will try and source some Kratom this week but if not I'll get some dexies.
You feel no need to try opioids or stims again, but yet, straight after that, you've said you'll try to source kratom (which has opioid affinity) and dexies (a stim). I'd recommend you do some more research into the drugs you're thinking of trying, and keep yourself open to the advice that those who've been there have given you... noone is immune from addiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.