• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Relief from stomach problems with Adderall IR 20mgs?

Forgetful

Greenlighter
I've been prescribed one 20mg IR Adderall a day for a couple months now and I have a problem with stomach aches when taking them. After taking them, at least an hour after, I start getting an odd burning stomach pain. It's somewhat if you take a high alcohol shot on an empty stomach. It isn't painful to where it hurts, persay, it's just a discomfort. This lasts for a good half an hour and then all of a sudden (this is the nicest way I can put it so I apologize) I get... "wet" bowel movements. The first will be the biggest, but then for the next couple of hours it'll happen every 45 minutes or so. Then it'll taper off through the rest of the day. At first I stopped taking them to help relieve the symptoms but now I just put up with it. The other symptoms like irritability or sleeplessness don't really bother me. Just this one.

I've tried everything. I eat before taking it, and I force myself to eat during, even if it's something small. Eating makes it better for a half hour but then it just comes back. I notice that I drink more pop and I smoke more cigarettes, which can obviously upset my stomach, but even if I stop those I still get the stomach problems. Besides the adderall I've never had any problem like this before nor have I been diagnosed with any disorder that has these symptoms. All I want to do is take my pill and not have to worry about using the bathroom ten times a day x.X

Any help is appreciated. And this is my first post so I hope I posted in the correct forum.

You're taking too much you are clearly sensitive to amphetamines, you might wanna half that dosage. Everyone is quite different, some people claim 100mg to be a recreational dose, and 20mg to be therapeutic. For me I would consider 20mg recreational and 5mg therapeutic, and I don't even consider myself to necessarily be sensitive because i can take 100mg but my dick will be in the dirt. Some people just get the shits on stimulants, usually your body adjusts to it over time. Try to eat a good breakfast with the pill, not after taking it. Stay well hydrated.

I always got stim shits. I just said "fuck it" and changed when I ate. for me, when my stomach was empty, I didn't get em or if ate foods that kinda stop you up (cheese, etc) or combined with loperamide.

take omeprazole 40mg a day. problem solved :) after i started taking ant acids everyday i have only puked due to excessive alcohol consumption.
and i have never nausea stomach pains/cramps

Way too much levoamphetamine! I would take no more than 7.5-10mg adderall at a time. If you want to supplement with more, then use Dexedrine IR or ER 10mg once a day on top of your adderall.

take omeprazole 40mg a day. problem solved :) after i started taking ant acids everyday i have only puked due to excessive alcohol consumption.
and i have never nausea stomach pains/cramps

Beware of using antacids with amphetamines! Any substance that makes your body's pH more basic greatly potentiates amphetamines, like up to 33%, and then your tolerance gets used to the higher maximum concentration (cmax) of the amphetamines. These substances can be Magnesium, Omeprazole (and other PPI's), Tagamet, Zantac (and other H2 antagonists), Tums (calcium carbonate), and Baking Soda.

I would not recommend it at all, since all of these drugs have side effects of your own, and you don't want to use an antacid forever just because it boosted your amphetamines the first couple of times you used them; most antacids have some really bad side effects.

Side effects from amphetamines and alcohol are you body's way of telling you that you did too much, so LISTEN to your body! Don't ignore your stomach pains and take another drug just to take away side effects from yet another drug.

Are you "honestly" getting more positive or negative effects from the medication?

This. Your stomach problems, do they persist when you go a while without taking amphetamines? I would be willing to bet like $100 that it's the amphetamines causing this pain you describe, and no, there is nothing you can do to treat it besides take much less amphetamines or take them less regularly. I would highly recommend ditching the levo-amphetamine aspect of your treatment, that can only be making things worse (not that the stomach pain won't persist with dextro-amp, but it should be less so).

There is no doubt in my mind that omeprazole will make all the symptoms dissapear. but a temporary treatment is recommended.
i only take it when i got nausea, not everyday

I also get the shits from taking stimulants, can't be helped really. And always plugging also doesn't help with the situation lol.

Taking some pepto bismal or something right after dosing can help the feeling of diarrhea go away and make it a lot less worse when you actually go to the bathroom.

After I go to the bathroom though I'm perfectly fine. I just hate it turns my stool into so much liquid.

That is a very high dose for IR script! And "running to the can" aspect of adderall has been recognized as the iconic immediate side effect of all stimulants. Either lower your dosage, or split your tabs and space out your doses.

Also the l-amp in adderall mixture can exacerbate hyperthyroidism if used on a daily basis for a prolonged period of time (ie, varies from 1 week to 2 weeks before noticeable side effects are apparent). These include the side effects you've described such as upset stomach (diarrhea and sometimes vomiting), irritability, difficulty sleeping accompanied by heart palps are all symptoms of an overactive thyroid.

However, its normal to experience mild cases of frequent bowel movements, urination, because essentially it increases your body's metabolism. But if these mild peripheral effects become a problem and is an interference for you from benefiting from the therapeutic effects then I would suggest taking a break from it altogether. If you have been using the medication for a long time and have a big tolerance, you can taper using the methods I have suggested above.

Lower your dose, take some fiber (like the kind you mix in a drink, yeah it's kinda gross but whatever) every day, eat healthy (lots of fresh veggies), avoid things that could worsen the problem (spicy/acidic things, etc) and make sure you drink lots of water. Don't start taking other drugs to combat the cramping and diarrhea, it can be helped by changing your diet and/or lowering your dose, switching to different med, etc.

This. Your stomach problems, do they persist when you go a while without taking amphetamines? I would be willing to bet like $100 that it's the amphetamines causing this pain you describe, and no, there is nothing you can do to treat it besides take much less amphetamines or take them less regularly. I would highly recommend ditching the levo-amphetamine aspect of your treatment, that can only be making things worse (not that the stomach pain won't persist with dextro-amp, but it should be less so).

Thanks for completing my train of thought. I think the OP forgot about us.

Oh and just a tip, no price discussion allowed. :! (cause I would see your 100 and raise you a shit load.......:! sorry, couldn't keep it in......etc... 'Forgetful' the smiley made me do it).

So I can see this is really old but I bumped it bcuz I need info please if I take my adderall without eating I almost die from stomach problems if I take it with food I can't feel it, suggestions?

I always got stim shits. I just said "fuck it" and changed when I ate. for me, when my stomach was empty, I didn't get em or if ate foods that kinda stop you up (cheese, etc) or combined with loperamide.
Same specially with meth

It's more than shits it's like a burning lava eating through my stomach it's horrible, I thought about trying food 30 minutes after I take it? I dunno

About 3 wks ago, sorry
You could try taking a anti acid or whatever for acid reflux before taking your dose and see if that helps, if not you could take 10MG in the morning and another 10MG later on, see if that has any difference either way itll improve the longer you take your prescribed dosage