• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Regular use vs Binge

Theroux

Bluelighter
Hey all, was just wondering what your opinions are on small, regular use of coke vs a binge?

Basically, I have gotten hold of a gram of good coke (60-70). My personal preference with coke is to do small amounts over a length of time, for example, 0.2g every alternate day for a week. I have the willpower to limit myself so I don't end up binging but what would be 'healthier'? Before anyone says it I know No coke is the healthiest.

Also, I have about a month off period between every gram, would you say this is on the side of too much?

what's your reason for doing it like that? study aid?

Coke is looked upon as a party drug so are you going to several parties during this week?
Sorry, just never heard of a gram of coke lasting a week.

Are you mixing it with alcohol? or any other drug?
I don't think the health is affected like that from your plan, I mean coke aint healthy, but spacing it out is probably healthier, gives the body less to deal with at one time.

No alcohol, weed on the comedown. I know it's looked upon as a party drug and I do usually do it like that, however, I am going through a phase now where I am just doing it to enhance certain activities, such as playing video games with friends. I don't intend to stay up all night and I am able to stop when I realize enough is enough and I'm not gonna get higher. Kinda like a little treat now and then =D

Thought I would add that I am not just talking about cardiovascular health but also damage to the nose ( I am snorting) and addiction wise.

Last edited:
flush your nose out with some kind of nasal spray (water in an old squeezy med bottle works but i just cup my hands under warm running water and sniff up a little) and blow it and that should reduce the damage. i find the worst of the damage is done after you go to sleep with coke residue up your nose.

it's probably better to take small doses, but doing it several times a week could lead to a habit.

Sorry, just never heard of a gram of coke lasting a week.

Hell, I've never heard of a gram lasting the night for cryin' out loud, let alone a week. Trying to make a gram last a week, in my hands, would be pure and simple "torture"! God Bless you for such incredible self-control. Back to the question at hand; I would say it probably doesn't matter all that much as long as your binges don't go too much to the extreme as to stress the cardio system out. Also, as long as you make sure your nasal passages are good and cleaned out once you're done for the day/night. Wow, you did say a week, right? Sheew!

Wow, you did say a week, right? Sheew!

Haha yep =D Always been fairly sensitive to coke so don't need a huge amount and when I know I'm done (not getting very high anymore) I just think how I'm gonna regret wasting it the next day. I make sure that I wait a day inbetween due to tolerane

Regular use vs Binge

That's pretty much "You're this personality type or you're that". Theroux I would say your use is sensible and wise any deviation from it and your fucked if you are tying to avoid going to the moon and then plummeting to earth and digging a hole so deep you lose sight of any light and have to dig yourself out of an horrendous addiction which comes with the full spectrum of psychological disorders in many cases "I can't do this activity without XYZ Drug" etc etc.......

I tended to do continuous runs that were really extremely bingeful lol I always trafficked drugs cos I could never see a better way to sustain whatever drug habits I chose. Always ends badly of course.

Yeah I know its a shit thread title :\ Thats why I gave a description of my situation to make it clearer.

Hey Theroux, I'm not sure I can answer your questions about the physical health risks regarding the regime you're trying out. Recently, I also tried to follow a similar regimen of very occasional, low dosage cocaine use.

I started doing this because I felt that it helped me study better. I would use cocaine later in the evening to give myself a boost, and then it would wear off by the time I needed to go to bed. It worked much better than Adderall, because it didn't last nearly as long. And I don't really have a supply for Ritalin right now, but in the past I've found that Ritalin will also keep me up at night.

Unfortunately, recently I have become rather lax in my personal discipline, and this is my warning to you. Cocaine is an addictive drug, and for me it becomes too easy to start justifying why I need to take 'just a little bit more.' A big problem with psychological addiction is that you might not even recognize that you're slipping into it, and it becomes easier and easier to justify doing more coke and doing coke at times that aren't necessarily appropriate. Times that when you first started your regimen you would never have done coke in those circumstances.

Another important thing to point out is that everyone responds differently to different chemicals. I know from my family history and my own personal history that I have a tendency towards over-using drugs. Currently, this is very apparent with my alcohol consumption, as well as my use of Benzos to help fall asleep at night. These are issues that I am working on and that I am confident I will overcome, but everyone is different. For several years I was a daily (all day) weed smoker, but I have successfully managed to control that over-use so that now I only smoke weed on very rare occasions.

As far as my personal cocaine use, I am hoping to extend the ~1.75 grams of coke that I have for the next 2 days to help me be productive with my studying. I also have about 0.25 g dissolved in a nasal spray that I intend to use during the exam I have this coming week. After that, I plan on not buying any more coke, as I feel that I do not have enough will power to use it in the way I originally intended to use it. Honestly though, I'm even worried about this plan, as it is sooo easy to buy coke over the dark net and just have it shipped to your door.

So good luck with your usage man! And watch out for the subtle, creeping signs of over-use. Full blown cocaine addiction is not something that anybody wants, and so you need to be very vigilant about your own use.

If I had to take a wild guess to answer what your original question was, I would say that binging every once in a while might actually be better for your nose than regularly taking small doses. Cocaine can damage your nose by temporarily restricting blood supply, by forming a small amount of acid (HCl) when it gets absorbed, and by causing unforeseen damage from any of the random crap the blow is almost always cut with. The main tissue you should be worried about is the cartilage tissue (particularly in the septum) as this is the least likely to heal from damage, but it is my (unprofessional) understanding that this would require a lot of cocaine use in order for the damage to be noticeable. With regular small doses, you're decreasing the blood supply (through vasoconstriction) to your nose and nasal pharynx on a regular basis, which might decrease the tissue's ability to repair itself and fight off infection. An occasional binge will also decrease blood supply, but blood flow will return to normal once the drug wears off and you will (hopefully) have a greater time between binges for adequate blood supply to keep your nose/nasal passages/nasal pharynx healthy and repaired. That being said, taking a month off between use will definitely give your tissues time to heal, but I honestly don't know the true answer to your question.

I prefer to binge..small amounts spaced out are a cock tease ...

After 3 months abstinence, my gf and I are binging on an ounce of quality coke straight from a certain south american country ;)

With mao inhibitors and NMDA antagonists to potentiate (I don't recommend this unless you know your body well)

There was a period of my life when I'd occasionally buy grams and (doing it by myself) I'd usually make them last for a week. Little amounts each day or so, before class and such. I never really found cocaine to be particularly addictive, honestly, although it's definitely an enjoyable stimulant every now and again. In a social environment a gram of blow would only last for a couple hours or so, LOL

If you ever reach the point where you have to measure and attempt to control you usage odds are you only a few steps away from full blown addiction. My advice is to be careful and realize you are playing with fire. Many people start off that way, not many people end up getting out of it as easily.

My personal rule about when to ask myself if addicted. One or both of the following factors;

A) You do the drug when you are alone. i.e. Not socially.

B) You do the drug and then go do something, as an afterthought. i.e. "I got a ball of coke, let's go to the mountain and do some 'boarding while we're high!"

Has always worked for me. Then when I get dangerous into a substance, I'll at least know that, yes, I am in fact an addict (While continuing to do the drug, of course)