NEMD Reggae discussion

love old dub, and roots has a special place, Marley was as much of a revolutionary as he was a musician. But dub, Scientist, those dub comps on youtube. I used to buy dub records. Good stuff.

My love for reggae is only topped by my love for my wife.
It can and does make me feel like a person and helps me smile.
Been on reggae for 40+ years and still get the same effects from the same doses.
<3

Last edited:
was just about to go to bed but noticed this here reggae thread and am now packing a big pipe of Ogre Kush (@Mr. Krinkle haha) topped with a sliver if thc-diamond sauce and am gonna listen to an album of, possibly, my favourite ever reggae band....here's a flavour

Here's an altogether different reggae fave of mine. Used to attend this guy's dances regularly from mid 80's til late 90's., so this is pretty much how I remember them Probably went to around 15 of 'em. He was (still is) fond of playing long sets. And when I say long, I mean usually around 7 hours, give or take an hour :cool:

have the local college station on the radio playing reggae in the background 420th post celebration catch you later disappearing into hazy vapor clouds now

Leave you with this

Last edited:

Gregory Isaacs was the first reggae gig I ever attended...wasn't a fan previously and found the gig a bit uncomfortable at the time as was way outta my comfort zone.,..but I 'got' the beat and within weeks was immersing myself in reggae culture and stayed immersed for the next 37 years or so and counting :) this was the exact gig

Used to love these live in the early 90's, saw them play free festivals many times and jammed with them at a squat party one memorable night, RIP Swanny <3

Jah look down on my torn hedonist ways with mercy lest I get struck dead as I screamed for Him to do in embarrassing childish temper tantrums