• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Reflux?

needlefreakxx

Greenlighter
What, if any, narcotics or prescription meds (like psych meds) give you acid reflux/heartburn?

I can't say for sure if drugs will cause GERD but for me, alcohol made it much worse. With certain psych meds (doxepin, quetiapine and mirtazapine) would make me very hungry. Instead of going to sleep, I would eat a bunch of food which exasperated this condition.

I suspect that mephedrone chronic abuse/addiction can cause GERD later down the road. Maybe even similar use of other triple monoamine affecting drugs also might follow this if true.

Everyone I know that had serious problems with their use of mephedrone have Gerd now to some degree. If it is directly linked to my use of the drug I would suspect the high release of serotonin on a daily basis for it.

Anything that delays gastric emptying or relaxes the lower esophageal sphincter will qualify... alcohol, mdma, opiates, benzos, beta blockers, calcium channel blockers, SSRI's, tricyclic antidepressants.... there are more but you get the idea

NSAIDs (advil, aspirin, aleve, etc) are hard on the GI system and can contribute to GERD

In my experience everything. I hate it. It seems worse the more pills I take then anything in particular

Sometimes i feel like a adult film actress but spitting up my own gag reflex reflux is just a daily occurance ijust carry a napkin and ive learned to not vomit just relax the throat... lol