• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Redesign the Bluelight logo - part II

CletusVanDow said:
I did this one as well:

bluelightzd3.gif
They're all so good, (except for Guido's which sucks over 9,000 cocks) but this is the one that tweaks my nips the most. This one and pennywise's. Both fucking ace, man.

animation is all pretty, but i think it is too noisy to have floating on the top of the page at all time, unless the changes are minimal and subtle.

It would be cool if you cold somehow get it to do it the first time you load the page.

This was a portion of one of my contributions to the last thread...

LED1-copy.gif

I designed both the bulb and the font entirely from scratch in Photoshop.

This time I'm going in a different direction. I designed the original bulb logo
header01ph5.png

and the little blue LED in an attempt to take the Bluelight name quite literally... blue lights. Easy enough.

This time, however, I am going for some straight up logotypes. Playing with the letters and shapes. I'm sure they will end up alluding to light in some way, but they won't be quite as literal.

I'll try to get some mock-ups done in the next day or two.

Last edited:
+1 vote for etherdesign's logo!

I might design one... if I get up to it. I design logos and whatnot for a living so it'd seem appropriate that I take a stab at it. :)

when's the deadline?

Here's a low-rez sample of what I whipped up in five minutes sitting in a hotel bar... the only place I can get internet access. The font is just a placeholder. I will have something completely different when it's all polished.

BL-logo-1.gif

Feedback please.

it's cool, but the logo doesn't say 'BL' to me. it looks like 'EL'. or a sword?

sorry.

yeah I see an E also or maybe a sideways pair of boobs, and the L isn't apparent. I wouldn't know that was supposed to be an L unless you told me.

I can't believe this hasn't sparked more interest. Maybe consider a global announcement?

blbulb3.png

^I like that.

It's quite modern looking without trying too hard, if you know what I mean.