• DC Moderators: ghostfreak | VerbalTruist

🪖 War on Drugs 🪖 Reddit has divorced itself from drugs and has effectively banned any talk of it... even supportive or HR subreddits

Ozymandeus

Greenlighter
Joined
Sep 30, 2026
Messages
18
This is just something I've noticed as a casual user. Drug related subreddits started getting banned one by one, even r/drugs and r/drugscirclejerk which was purely satire in nature.

Now there are no addiction related subreddits either.... I guess they finally felt like "protecting" their child userbase which is 40% (under 18 users).

Screenshot-20260930-225228-Reddit.jpg
 
It's hidden for me as well. Bro reddit went so downhill this year, I had verify my indendity to access any NSFW sub (vpn works as well) I'm in Europe probably that's why.

Actually it's for a good cause, personally it doesn't bother me at all.
 
Yeah I don't even know why I still use it. Also been saying that for years. I dislike social media in general but I used reddit for educational purposes.
 
Top