• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Red dry rash from cooking and/or smoking crack

Ahhpushit

Greenlighter
Okay so i occasionally make my own rock candy. But everytime i do mh hands get red and dry and hurt so bad. Sometimes its not just mh hands. What is this from? Cooking ir smoking or what?

Not sure, but I'd like to come over and hang out. Definitely!

Could be from heat & dry winter air. Maybe an allergy? I get severe dry skin in the winter that makes parts of my body red or bumpy.
Maybe smoking + dehydration + dry air.
Some one with better expertise can probably answer. As I've never cooked before, so I'm not sure.

Not sure, but I'd like to come over and hang out. Definitely!

Could be from heat & dry winter air. Maybe an allergy? I get severe dry skin in the winter that makes parts of my body red or bumpy.
Maybe smoking + dehydration + dry air.
Some one with better expertise can probably answer. As I've never cooked before, so I'm not sure.
Nah its like instantly! I was thinking maybe its cut w levimisole and then freaked myself out that i had necrosis 😂 i had to get off google. But it stings.

Nah its like instantly! I was thinking maybe its cut w levimisole and then freaked myself out that i had necrosis 😂 i had to get off google. But it stings.
Hopefully some one with more knowledge chimes in. I'm surprised nobody has.

Yeah google will make you think you're dying of everything haha.

Has this happened before and gone away? It could very well be a chemical you're handling or near.

Instantly after smoking or while cooking? I mean baking soda and related bases can cause skin reactions like that but it doesn’t seem like that to me. It wouldn’t be even all over.

My guess is a reaction to freebase cocaine or yes levamisole. Levamisole messes with our immune systems, and can cause skin problems and eventually sores that won’t heal or worse. It could be a cumulative reaction.

-GC

Instantly after smoking or while cooking? I mean baking soda and related bases can cause skin reactions like that but it doesn’t seem like that to me. It wouldn’t be even all over.

My guess is a reaction to freebase cocaine or yes levamisole. Levamisole messes with our immune systems, and can cause skin problems and eventually sores that won’t heal or worse. It could be a cumulative reaction.

-GC
Its hard to tell sometimes. Because i cook then smoke. But it def hasnt just been my hand before. But my hands are the worse. Its just weird its the top of my hands most. Others that have same dudes have a similar issue but they dont chef it up

Do you use ammonia or baking soda? It's most likely a reaction to the ingesting the drug imo but I've never seen this before. Seems like an allergy to a cut/the coke. Have you tried coke from a different source?

Do you use ammonia or baking soda? It's most likely a reaction to the ingesting the drug imo but I've never seen this before. Seems like an allergy to a cut/the coke. Have you tried coke from a different source?
Soda. And ya! Still has a similar resction. One dudes its way worse. But literally its almost like a chemical burn feeling!

Guys my skin is literally crackingT

HqSlJCb.jpg

Do you have psoriasis/eczema? Looks like a flare up to me. The baking soda, cooking and smoking could also exacerbate this condition.

I’m willing to bet this is levamisole related. Get checked out, explain to them what’s going on and see if they can check your white blood cell count with some labs. Cocaine should not be doing this, and sounds like you know others experiencing similar reactions.

-GC

I have been getting something similar but a bit different.

My hands have been getting itchy and occasionally pinkish. But upon waking up they are swollen sometimes, the left more so than the right. The pic is right after getting out of bed

I had carpal tunnel issues like 10 years ago. (Though I halfway blamed fentanyl patches that I was chewing on at the time. The carpal tunnel symptoms started after using them and ceased around the time I stopped. Ironically I had no symptoms since until about 3 months ago. It was diagnosed by doctor as carpal tunnel..,.however she was not aware of the fentanyl use)

Anyway back on topic, I don’t get as red as you do, but my hand looks similar with the tiny scabs

Do you get any numbness or swelling?

Oh! And I forgot the important part. If I smoke when I wake up with hands like this, they get better. They stop being numb and tight and swelling goes down.

Like wtf?! You are the first person who i have seen with anything close. Do you by chance live in Pennsylvania?

It has happened before recently but not to this extent. So ive been looking some stuff up wnd theres also this:

Btw scabs arent from picking and i do mot have eczema
I have been getting something similar but a bit different.

My hands have been getting itchy and occasionally pinkish. But upon waking up they are swollen sometimes, the left more so than the right. The pic is right after getting out of bed

I had carpal tunnel issues like 10 years ago. (Though I halfway blamed fentanyl patches that I was chewing on at the time. The carpal tunnel symptoms started after using them and ceased around the time I stopped. Ironically I had no symptoms since until about 3 months ago. It was diagnosed by doctor as carpal tunnel..,.however she was not aware of the fentanyl use)

Anyway back on topic, I don’t get as red as you do, but my hand looks similar with the tiny scabs

Do you get any numbness or swelling?

Oh! And I forgot the important part. If I smoke when I wake up with hands like this, they get better. They stop being numb and tight and swelling goes down.

Like wtf?! You are the first person who i have seen with anything close. Do you by chance live in Pennsylvania?

im actually originally from Pa but now im in az.

I def do get swelling.

Ive been googling. And ive come to these: systematic schleredoma or something and systematic sclerosis induced. Happens cominly in females. All levimisole related.

Like wtf

Yes, I don’t pick at all. Sometimes will rub if I can’t stand the itching.

I don’t know what to attribute it to. I always thought the original “carpal tunnel “ symptoms had something to do with the fentanyl or additives (those were actual patches, before it appeared in everyone’s dope).

I have done dope lately so I was thinking it was again related to that.

But doing that doesn’t relieve it at all. If I smoke the swelling goes away. (I realize that can also be due to the vasoconstriction properties of the coke)

I just responded because it’s weird that you have that going on and I’ve been having this issue recently myself.

Also I realize that cut is everywhere, but I have been getting it pretty high up on the food chain so to speak so it’s not trash. I also had googled the levamisole as well as some other things. (Off your topic, but a rare side effect of fentanyl is swelling in hands, which backed up my theory from what happened in 2012ish)