Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Recent Changes to QLD Analogue Clause

Verybuffed

Bluelighter
It was brought to my attention that some of our members here were unaware of the recent changes to QLD's Analogue Clause.

here is the new Legislation:

http://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/LEGISLTN/SLS/2013/13SL041.pdf

If the Mods want to delete this thread then please feel free to do so as I have just blatantly ignored the No "Links to anything" rule at the top of the page. I feel that this link is worth posting. Delete it if you want though. It doesn't bother me.

Basically it covers EVERYTHING and can technically be used to include Coffee, Alcohol, Echinacea, Chocolate, Wattle plants, most Cacti etc etc

To be honest I would rather have the majority of analogues out there illegal if cannabis, cocaine, MDMA or LSD are still illegal. I doubt you will see any one arrested for having a coffee or having a wattle tree in their backyard any more than you are going to have trouble sourcing any of these drugs if you want them.

Basically it covers EVERYTHING and can technically be used to include Coffee, Alcohol, Echinacea, Chocolate, Wattle plants, most Cacti etc etc

While it can technically include these other drugs, I think Australian law prides itself on circumstantial law. Yes, the law, as written, may be able to include those drugs but everybody has the intelligibility to recognise that those drugs don't deserve to be outlawed, and if they do then they need to be investigated individually and not just be according to a written law unrelated to those drugs/products. Liberal "free-thinkers" and pseudo-hippies always use that crap as a ploy to bring in more votes on their behalf, and it annoys me. You might ask what exempts chocolate from the list, even though it contains a drug, and I'll direct you to what it is - a block of material with desirable effects on taste, and we call that chocolate. It's hard to explain my point, but I'm trying to say that everything known to man has a name associated with it, and just because it fits the law which man wrote doesn't mean it's exempt from its own qualities under its own name.

i find it quite interesting that no other states have followed suit yet

Wow! Can't believe 5htp is illegal.

you have to visit a licensed naturopath who then assesses you and depending on their verdict will either give you a script or not. this is how it worked about 4-5 years ago when i started using it for a short while.

thanks for the updated link VB.

you have to visit a licensed naturopath who then assesses you and depending on their verdict will either give you a script or not. this is how it worked about 4-5 years ago when i started using it for a short while.

thanks for the updated link VB.

Not anymore. That is why a lot of people are very angry with the new changes. Everyone was importing it anyway even in QLD as pure 5-HTP wasn't available from a naturopath. They only sold a product that came with a bunch of vitamins in each dose.

ah shit i didnt get a chance to read through it before leaving the computer ring. so thats one of the changes huh? that doesnt bode too well with me either.

i know many people were/are importing 5htp online as i was considering it at one point but pretty sure i ended back up on tramadol for my pain leading me unable to take them together.

Not the 6-ATB & MDPV :(

Analogues are a lot better at times... not paying for dodgy cut gear that lines the pockets of bad dealers, I know that's barely worse than taking RCs but I'd rather some 'company' get my money than a crackhead cutting pills with PMA!

I'm no lawyer but surely if this is true using this point as a defence in court would hold up if you purchased small amount of "legal highs". How is someone meant to know what is and isn't acceptable when so much is covered in the analog laws including things people on the jury or majistrate have on a daily/weekly basis?

Is it possible to get a link to the whole legislation? The link you provided shows a list of now illegal substances but doesn't talk about the analog laws bit. I'd like to see exactly what it says so I could try to make some sense of it.

Well they are still selling synthetic weed in a number of well known stores around the gold coast so don't know whats up with that? As for the RC's it's a bit hit and miss some are way fucking better than the common street drug and at up to 99% purity strong as fuck and value for money. Others are a bit darker with the line between fun and fuck up can be just a few milligrams. 4-aco-dmt is amazing stuff. Most 2c's are as good as mescaline but very different in so many ways. MDPV is horrible shit and is fucking dangerous to boot. 4MMC is better than coke IMO. 6APB is better than MDA, again my personal opinion. Don't know what to make of this new law when I can go to my local shopping center and buy a bag of "herbal incense".

I'm no lawyer but surely if this is true using this point as a defence in court would hold up if you purchased small amount of "legal highs". How is someone meant to know what is and isn't acceptable when so much is covered in the analog laws including things people on the jury or majistrate have on a daily/weekly basis?

Is it possible to get a link to the whole legislation? The link you provided shows a list of now illegal substances but doesn't talk about the analog laws bit. I'd like to see exactly what it says so I could try to make some sense of it.

Here you go mate

http://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/LEGISLTN/CURRENT/D/DrugsMisuseA86.pdf