• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Reasons and tips to help kick heroin for good

Higherfocus420

Bluelighter
ive decided to quit my three year long heroin endeavour after losing few jo s overdosing twice and losing friends and being broke all the time ive got passed withdrawals but finding it hard to cope sober especially with all this lockdown shit is it even worth it going sober

Yes it is worth getting sober the life of a heroin addict is nothing but disappointment and pain man. I’ve lived it for many years before. I’ve overdosed lost jobs been narcan’d by all my siblings and both parents, overdosed on the highway hit a state trooper went to jail, been homeless broke down bad.

Yes it is hard to cope but life is so much more worth it on this side of things. Yes we have to deal with emotions and feelings and live as it happens but we are equipped to do so with the help of others who have done it before us.

I’m 3 months off of methadone and heroin and my life is substantially better. Just got a great job, can sleep like a normal person, eat food, go to the gym. I actually have real energy. My family doesn’t have a restraining order on me. They talk to me and are happy.

Just know you can’t do this alone and I’d strongly suggest going to detox/inpatient, and a sober house if you’re serious about this. You need human connections with people who aren’t using drugs. And trust me
One day if you do these things you’ll wake up and be grateful you did and grateful to be alive again. G bless

Are either of you trying to get off Heroin the NA way?

I’ve been going to some Zoom NA meetings and they seem pretty helpful so far.

Nothing good comes out of being addicted to opiates bro. It completely consumes you and all you think about is your next fix so you dont get dope sick. Which completely sucks and makes you worthless to everyone around you.

Im 18 days clean amd each day gets better and easier. Trust me. But I wasted a lot of time and money on that craps and its a regret ill always live with. Dont waste anymore time or life on a drug that doesnt love you, care about whether you live or die, and makes you a slave. Live free bro, its completely worth it. Once you have that freedom your life is open to do whatever the hell you want to do. Best feeling in the world.

I also suggest to do to a clinical detox setting to get off.

I’m not a heroin addict, but addicted to Oxys which are pretty much the same and are prescribed to me. Since stopping regular use of them (limiting their use to only really severe pain), my life is better. I can wake up and not lay about in the morning waiting for the opiate high to hit me.

There is no benefit to using heroin or opiates recreationally. They make you feel like you can’t function without them and slow you down significantly, from a mental standpoint.