• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Really, what happened to social?

Back in my day the moderators of the forum didn't make posts which served no purpose other than increasing their post count...

(nb: I'm completely full of shit here and if you check the archives you'll see what I mean ;))

It'd be a real pity if this thread got written off and the intial point of it lost, especially all those ones about actually thinking before you hit post.

i hardly think the thread is written off by these posts, if anythign it only serves to highlight thoth's point and the points made by those responding. You want it to change - contribute to that change, you like it how it is - post how you like to post.

mmm... Now I come to think of it...

I actually preferred the regime where the mods brought the hammer down on any off topic posts like most in this thread. The whole forum is so watered down and who here likes light beer? Thats right, no one does. Because you have to drink so much to get anything out of it.

Last edited:
"The soviet union i thought you guys broke up"
"Yes that's what we wanted you to think!"
*Lenin rises from tomb and begins to smash things*
"Must crush capitalism"
................................... bring back the iron fist, i sure got "fisted" alot (deservedly most times)! Everybody is too nice- bring back cynical pleo, feed plaz crack, gimme beer (no wait that's prolly not a good idea), elect thoth to tribune of the plebs!.... SDB just keep on doing what your doin'!

But seriously (also the title of the worst comedy video ever, $10 get outta here!)

I first came to bluelight like many do throught Aus DD and when i found out who the most helpful BLers were, I wanted to interact more with these wise drug boffins- cue Aus Social! Then i found a whole bunch of these people who while being an incredibly useful source of information on drugs were also funny and interesting mofos too. I wasn't in a clique, nor did i go to raves enough to meet these people, yet there was a connection a sense of community and wanting to belong. Yet many of these people no longer post and with the advent of chat (i am adverse to using the internet as a substitute for face-face conversation) this forum seemed to loose something which to date is it yet to regain. I dunno maby im just having my BL period...... jaded? Anyway i think it's time for jaded BLers to start giving the pain train to fools who don't know what time it is! Inject some life back into this place, either that or hire me as BL linebacker.
There you have it WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

A number of people have mentioned the fact that the newbies haven't met each other and dated each other etc etc... but the fact, is they only think that because they're not the ones being dated. Their little crews (fairly melbourne specific) may still be going strong in real life but a lot of them no longer post on Bluelight. You may still consider yourselves to be the Bluelight elite but the truth is the newbies weren't around to witness your biting wit and internet dominance so they don't give two shits. You're just another name in a thread.

Have a fucking cry.

Personally I think Kitty said it best:
Get off your jaded snobbish high horses amd make some effort if you want things changed. A thread whinging about it does aboslutely nothing about it except make another one of those lame threads you're talking about.

Everything in life changes. People change. Internet boards change.

If you follow and continue to relate to the changes in an internet board you'll stick around.

If you change in a different direction, you won't.

Though I must say it's a huge shame that I don't even feel motivated enough to type a proper reply to this thread. That's not a discredit to the board....it's just realising and lamenting my own changes in life.

up all night said:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You may still consider yourselves to be the Bluelight elite but the truth is the newbies weren't around to witness your biting wit and internet dominance so they don't give two shits. You're just another name in a thread.

Have a fucking cry.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

haha that made me laugh =D

Well said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by papermate
the ironic thing is that now i am really getting a taste for drum and base, and here in the UK what they call garage. its more the vibe, and tis the people.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahh Drum n bass, the last true home of the jaded elitist fucker!
i dont get it. wtf??? please explain. im not that jaded am i? elitist..possibly.

i hope yer still reading this thread -thoth.
so you might stop and think. hey am i cool here or does it not matter how long i've been registerred.
maybe youre just acting out coz the first lot of cool people here on BL didnt accept you! maybe you can move past that elitist crap that you have no right to claim over the rest of us.... what a lamo hey?!
take a moment to laugh at yourself... and maybe show some humilty and pop back by this thread to apologise.
i guess you weren't feeling yourself this day.
when we met i thought you were a nice guy and certainly not deserving of any "i'm so cooler than thee posts"...
i mean maybe pleo, but not you nerdo!!;)

Yes. I admit. I'm one of those jaded elitest bluelighters who complains about the quality of threads in Aus Social. I even took Kitty's advice and tried to start a contentious topic in the hope that it would generate interesting discussion.

That attempt failed however. Not because the topic wasn't interesting and relevant. No. The attempt failed because I realised that I just didn't give a fuck about what the rest of Aus Social had to say. Pure and simple. I haven't started a thread since and I daresay I won't be starting anymore in the future. I will continue to complain however if only to bait Kitty, get her all worked up and make her late for work.

^^^ Yey! It's easy to hook me when I'm in a grumpy mood - it's good tho, gives me a chance to yell at my staff ;)

i think if nothing else, this thread has exposed the huge number of 'oldskool' 'elite' m0f0's who are still sad enough to check the forum they are 'so over' daily.

whereas it took me a massive 5 days. ;)

^^ perhaps looking back to when we (not sure who we are but i know that i don't anymore - checked the forum daily cos we felt more a part of it.

we felt that we had something to contribute. or that it was like any other social network where personalities came out and you could identify with them, whereas now - i don't know the majority of the people here.

i used to know when i opened a thread who would be in it and pretty much what sort of response they would have given. also, i find that i have moved on to having the sort of discussions that Thoth is talking about with people IRL.

BL is an excelent way to talk to people, flesh out who you are, develope your own identity. but after a while you move on. that is what happens in life. your social groups swell and contract, you circles radiate into different directions and you no longer need the framework that a BBoard has to offer.

sure, it's fun to come back now and then and read some things. and gain information, i still troll through the threads looking for little nuggets, but what i was asking a couple of years ago, is now being asked by others. i don't need to read it. there are some things that crop up now and then, but not often.

(ps i still listen to happy hard core, and am right now. i don't really like DnB, so maybe i'm not that jaded.) tee hee

De Spook said:
Perhaps looking back to when we (not sure who we are but i know that i don't anymore - checked the forum daily cos we felt more a part of it.

we felt that we had something to contribute. or that it was like any other social network where personalities came out and you could identify with them,

I agree. although i've only been a BL for just over a year, when I first started out the vibe did seem well more communal. Nowadays its rather cold in the Social.
I think one of the problems is everyone talks, but no-one really listens. Some are too busy impressing themselves with their latest posts to give a half assed response to a fellow BL'er Note: extremely general statement.
I say "Stay true to blue and you'll always come through.

"Thats fuckin' lame shoelace! You suck!
I know but Im not tryin' to impress myself or anyone else.
Fuckin' got that right

Maybe were goin through some kinda recession or somethin'

-Peace

Shoelace said:
I think one of the problems is everyone talks, but no-one really listens. Some are too busy impressing themselves with their latest posts to give a half assed response to a fellow BL'er

best post in this thread.

edit: fixed tags

Jeeeez everyone ..It's just a friggin forum....get a grip on life..

Go outside...Go for a walk...help an old lady across the road..

Enjoy Life...Don't spend half a day Winging about a forum...

Bake a cake for fucks sake...

BCR