• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Re-dosing Codeine/smoking codeine

doubleheadedeagle

Bluelighter
So I took 450 mg pure codeine phosphate tablets 3 hours ago and it was pretty good, and I am lucky to be in a country where the pure tablets are otc, so no need for extraction.
I am wondering though how long should I wait to redose, I know that codeine stays in your system for 2 days, but maybe smoking it is a different form of metabolization and I can redose sooner.

I have heard that smoking codeine phosphate is a very efficient way of administration, but there is the risk of fluids building up in the lungs, but I am not going to do much maybe 5 tablets of 15 mg.

Can someone tell how long should I wait until I can smoke them?
And how should I smoke them, like H in a foil chasing it while it melts? (I am not sure if they contain any fillers, like glucose or things like that, If I remember correctly they are pure codeine phosphate)

Smoking is not am efficient way of administration. You need CYP2D6 first pass metabolism for the morphine conversion.

^
damn right

you live in france DHEE?

anyway codeine is one of those opiates which will like get you to a certain point and no higher unlike it's big sister morphine.

Of course mixing downers is very dangerous and bad advice but with codeine it's pretty much the thing I like to do. Cannabis is a very safe combination , Gabapentin/pro9gabalin is pretty safe , alcohol is a no-no9 and benzos are dangerous (but nice)O

At least you have straight up Codeine phosphate tabs instead of Codeine mixed with whatever else. I don't know what it is about the CWE process but I always feel like I'm messing it up and losing a whole bunch of good meds...

youre gonna have to wait until tomorrow to get the full effects of a redose. and dont smoke the pills. its a total waste and youll have to smoke fuckloads of tablets to get anything like a buzz. absolutely no point at all

dont smoke codeine. not effective or probably not active at all smoked.

binge boy is right but be careful. promethazine (phenergan) is good with codeine. stops the itches at higher doses and i believe it helps metabolism into more active metabolites. (not sure about that, think its like the only anti-histamine thatdoesnt inhibit metabolism)

Thank you, for your response. I just tried to burn a fourth of a tablet on foil and saw how difficult it was to melt, so I just stopped, and took the dose the next day
BingeBoy I live in Kosovo, it is a drug paradise here, with some luck I can get methadone without prescription.

Thanks everyone PEACE