• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

RC Benzodiazepines

This is an unpopular opinion but I think RC benzos are a beautiful thing. (access wise). Looks to me like the cartels are trying to get the benzo hooks into people; which hopefully will mean corner boys with benzo powder.

Only thing I have against benzos is the increased memory problems and not having constant access to them. If your brain is constantly racing legal benzos (for research) are good news, IMO of course. This should be your choice not a doctors.

Early ones like clobazam, pyrazolam and etizolam should really be in a different class since they display a plateau in their effects and aren't too potent.

But things like flunitazolam are being used to produce a new generation of addicts- then people WILL pay $10 a hit and need 3 a day.

They are all tools to be used or abused. You should really understand the power of this addiction or just understand you cannot comprehend it. Fear of w/d and death is a constant reminder. You are chained to your stash.

AlsoTapered is right, these rc benzos are going to completely change what it is to have a benzo addiction.

I got myself into a bad way a decade or so ago now but it was primarily Diazepam. These were all illicit tablets so I can't be sure about doses but I got well into 3 digit numbers a day and this was along side a developing issue with alcohol. I did mess with both RC benzo/z drugs as well as shorter acting stuff, Xanax etc.
I was always under the impression that a longer half life would mean they were would be more suitable for tapering, both times I tapered (Ashton method) I used Diazepam, the second time a gave up alcohol basically cold turkey at the start of the taper. I have taken the odd benzo since but never more then a couple of Xanax and not for years now and I've not gone back to alcohol as yet as things had gotton too bad on that front to dare to go there.
I do recall getting hold of a gram (powder) of some really long half life RC benzo that I don't recall the name of, I wasnt in a good place and it really didnt help, totally blacked out for some days, lucky I had people around me so I didnt do anything stupid (other than the drugs)
I really avoid them these days, I've even turned them down from my doctor.

They are all tools to be used or abused. You should really understand the power of this addiction or just understand you cannot comprehend it. Fear of w/d and death is a constant reminder. You are chained to your stash.

AlsoTapered is right, these rc benzos are going to completely change what it is to have a benzo addiction.

I hope you understand that I would MUCH rather be wrong - but 5mg flunitazolam?!? I don't know just HOW potent or long-lasting that would be, but i guess in the range of brotizolam.

Once you get a habit you either score or you die. At the low end you just WON'T sleep and so eventually you will have a grand mal. No acceptable dose of any medical benzo will be sufficient (I very much doubt a doctor would give you 12 x 2mg flunitrazolam a day) and eventually, IF you are lucky and survive for long enough, a consultant will administer a DLR like a propofol bolus or barbiturates (because they hit different sites),

People say 'well, dealers don't want to kill their customers' but I bet most homeless people can beg $30/day once they are regulars and those with jobs that don't require piss-tests have a RELIABLE income so shaving $30/day just means no disposable cash.

I knew Shelby Hughes (who set up the New York Heroin Stamp Collection) and she had a private income. I think dealers know THAT is their long-term customer base. Sadly her and Brian were tied up, were beaten to death and their home set on fire over a $20 H deal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelby_Hughes

I can WELL believe the benzo market becoming just as vicious.

It's crazy when I look back and realize that more of my true friends are dead than alive. I feel like a total Jonah.

Etizolam has a short T1/2 but not too much a1 affinity. I was sent 100mg of etizolam and asked 'IS THIS ETIZOLAM' so I swallowed it all, walked down town, did some shopping, posted a letter, bought my wife some flowers and walked home....

YES I could feel it, but I suspect it has a plateau beyond which more will not do more. BTW I'm not bragging, it was a f**king stupid thing to do but nobody noted that I was intoxicated.

But imagine if it had been say 10mg of flunitrazolam? I might have woken up in a hospital or a prison cell.... and in either case, IF you have a monster benzo habit, neither place is going to offer much help. It's things like that people forget. The term 'hooked' means that a sharp, painful object is causing you pain and the further away you walk, the more painful it will become...

Phenobarbitone is VERY likely to be the drug used to treat the dependent. I HAVE designed something better. Tell me your thoughts.

The compound is norflubromazepam with an N-propanoyl moiety making it a prodrug. Over 12 hours the N-propanoyl will undergo hydrolysis so given once daily, it will keep the plasma level of the active metabolite very, very steady. I think their ARE some benzos with an N-acetyl but this is slower AND I have gone for a benzodiazepine that is classed as a 'super-agonist'.

So just like people having to pick up methadone and drink it in front of the pharmacist (supervised consumption), so this is readily soluble in propylene glycol and so 1mg/mL or 5mg/mL or even 10mg/mL are all quite possible. Un like methadone where over 24 hours the plasma levels rise for 2.5-4 hours as it is absorbed and then slowly drop back, this will be solid and given the long duration of the active (3 days), even when the dose is dropped, you won't actually feel ANYTHING for 24+ hours.

I should also add that since the onset is slow and the duration very long, it won't be euphoric and (hopefully) it will be of no interest to people seeking to get high off benzos...

Just to be clear - I didn't engineer this crisis to profit from a design. It isn't patented and nor can it be - so ANY generic drug maker can produce it and given that the cost is about $6000/Kg (based on Pharma Compass pricing), someone needing 50mg/day should only pay about 35 cents....
Here you go again, using your knowledge to invest in something genuinely good for the world.

I hope you understand that I would MUCH rather be wrong - but 5mg flunitazolam?!? I don't know just HOW potent or long-lasting that would be, but i guess in the range of brotizolam.

Once you get a habit you either score or you die. At the low end you just WON'T sleep and so eventually you will have a grand mal. No acceptable dose of any medical benzo will be sufficient (I very much doubt a doctor would give you 12 x 2mg flunitrazolam a day) and eventually, IF you are lucky and survive for long enough, a consultant will administer a DLR like a propofol bolus or barbiturates (because they hit different sites),

People say 'well, dealers don't want to kill their customers' but I bet most homeless people can beg $30/day once they are regulars and those with jobs that don't require piss-tests have a RELIABLE income so shaving $30/day just means no disposable cash.

I knew Shelby Hughes (who set up the New York Heroin Stamp Collection) and she had a private income. I think dealers know THAT is their long-term customer base. Sadly her and Brian were tied up, were beaten to death and their home set on fire over a $20 H deal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelby_Hughes

I can WELL believe the benzo market becoming just as vicious.

It's crazy when I look back and realize that more of my true friends are dead than alive. I feel like a total Jonah.

Never heard of her before now but she sounded like a really cool person. Was checking out her blog and it really brought me back to the golden ages of the Dope Scene here in the North East. Back when it was really Heroin. All those bags that have lower ratings would be considered 10's these days honestly, cuz its actually smack.

https://dequinceyjynxie.blogspot.com/?m=1&zx=493866e5d84758f7

She was lovely. She renovated a Victorian blanket-box as a wedding gift. Now, OK she WAS good at buying bargains but the amount of work involved was HUGE. Sadly she and Brian were murdered before she had the chance to parcel post it (and US---.>UK parcel post is NOT cheap).

I know that sounds like a really facile memory, but it was the last time I talked to her and Brian.

I mention this because benzo have even MORE power to push an addict into doing truly evil stuff JUST to get well for a few hours. I get ENOUUGH of any benzo (except etizolam and clobazam) would at least reduce withdrawal so epilepsy sufferers or those with certain muscular conditions are going to become TARGETS.

BTW flunitrazolam can be made from norflunitrazepam in 2 steps. amide--->thioamide and then acetyl hydrazine to form that 4th ring. So once the former became available, it was hardly rocket science for someone to add that triazolo- ring.

It is a longer acting bnz already (IMO/e) and can be tapered... done it.
Maybe at the end of a taper some comfort meds would help more better and take less...?
Just a thought.
Peace

Longer than what, may I ask? The longest-acting (including metabolites) was diclazepam. Usually anything with a triazolo ring will undergo 2-hydroxylation to something that's not active (from what I was able to reference).

Longer than what, may I ask? The longest-acting (including metabolites) was diclazepam. Usually anything with a triazolo ring will undergo 2-hydroxylation to something that's not active (from what I was able to reference).
I do not have the time.ornprescence of mind ATM but there were studies done (I think) and it has to do with fat not being distributed as alprazolam and causes a longer buildup.
Could all be bullshit but maybe worth looking into, idk.
But from years of experience I would opine that it is indeed linder lasting and more potent (which may have to do with the source... again,idk).
Peace

And let's not forget the bromo effects of muscle relaxation and mild analgesic management.
Not a promotion of this drug it is dangerous if mobile.

And let's not forget the bromo effects of muscle relaxation and mild analgesic management.
Not a promotion of this drug it is dangerous if mobile.

Bromide ions were used as sedatives (simple things like KBr & NaBr) but do the covalently bonded -Br in benzos ever become ions?

do the covalently bonded -Br in benzos ever become ions?
That is a very good question which I have no answer for.
I just feel that although the tolerance to anxiotic effects builds, the Br doesn't seem to build tolerance; at least in my experience. That relaxing "wobble" is what I need to be careful of and is the reason I keep doses low. Don't need more broken bones, bruises or boofing steps.
Be careful and stay safe, yeah?

That is a very good question which I have no answer for.
I just feel that although the tolerance to anxiotic effects builds, the Br doesn't seem to build tolerance; at least in my experience. That relaxing "wobble" is what I need to be careful of and is the reason I keep doses low. Don't need more broken bones, bruises or boofing steps.
Be careful and stay safe, yeah?

The answer is NO. But I was hoping you might have done a little research so you would learn the answer yourself.

The answer is NO. But I was hoping you might have done a little research so you would learn the answer yourself.
Show the research to back your claim.
I am done with my research on this substance and can no longer be bothered with the specifics.
We are ultimately responsible for our own knowledge/experience gained and or lost.
Bout to dose so shhhhhhhhhhhh!

Show the research to back your claim.
I am done with my research on this substance and can no longer be bothered with the specifics.
We are ultimately responsible for our own knowledge/experience gained and or lost.
Bout to dose so shhhhhhhhhhhh!

Sorry - science means it's up to YOU to prove something is true, not mine to prove it isn't.

Why doesn't the F of flunitrazolam leap from the molecule poisoning people?