• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Raw cacao info?

benzoboss

Bluelighter
Can sombody gife me some info on the recreational effects of raw cacao
The dosage ans what kind of chocolate is the best (nibs bars beans)?
How addictive is cacao?

I wasn't really sure what forum would be the best for this type of question - I'm guessing that 'healthy living' would be a good place to start as I know some people use cocoa for it's health benefits.

I've had it as nibs before mixed in with black teas, herbs, and Guayusa. You get some euphoria and caffeine. But it's not like you are drinking strong coffee, yerba mate, or strong Guayusa. I have never consumed a lot of raw cacao at once and I only use it mainly as a treat or something special. If you search google you can find the benefits of it.

I've had it as nibs before mixed in with black teas, herbs, and Guayusa. You get some euphoria and caffeine. But it's not like you are drinking strong coffee, yerba mate, or strong Guayusa. I have never consumed a lot of raw cacao at once and I only use it mainly as a treat or something special. If you search google you can find the benefits of it.
How are the effect in high doses?
Can i use cacao for a better meditation?

How are the effect in high doses?
Can i use cacao for a better meditation?

I never had it in extremely high doses. You will feel the Xanthines and feel some euphoria, and it's akin to eating or drinking a lot of chocolate. You can always eat chocolate that has a high cacao content I have done this before and it works pretty well.

You could use it for meditation but I find yerba mate and even green tea, and moderate to high doses of white and even black tea to be more helpful for meditation.

Last edited:
If it's taken as a one-off it's usually fine. I tried taking it every day and by day 4 my nervous system and appetite were totally fucked. I don't mean in a minor way. I would take it in the morning and by noon I'd have no energy unless I consumed more. I had an upset stomach and reduced appetite. Theobromine shouldn't be messed around with -- keeping in mind that where the cacao plant grows, the locals never eat the seeds like we do.

How did the locals eat them?

They eat the fruit, not the seed. "Raw cacao" that they're selling in the west is from the seed, ground up fine or loosely broken into nibs. They're marketing it as a health product in order to make more money, I'm pretty sure. In traditional cultures, they only consume the seed during ritual like in cacao ceremonies. I find that theobromine behaves like any other stimulant in that it brings you up and then you crash. Everyone I know who uses raw cacao as a daily health fad is fucked up.