Rate the song above you: Music that isn't entirely electronic

From the beginning it sounds like it could be from the 70's, and right when the voice sings out it sounds like it's from the 40's or at least heavily influenced by it telling by the vocalizations on the extended tonation in her singing style, that could be copied over from a New Orleans post civil war wood raft river floating tennessee tale on the way to misouri via the mississippi. 4/7.

None of these imbedded vids are working on my shit...they just blank black boxes..

But shit here's a song i'm picking at the moment;

When you awake - The Band

....youtube it or something, if you like it, you'll love it, if you don't, you'll hate it..probably.

are you using internet explorer ? that could be why

[video=youtube_share;EOn8dBAwpEU]http://youtu.be/EOn8dBAwpEU[/video]

7/10 I fucking dig it!

Everytime I get stoned and listen to this I end up laughing like some kind of mad scientist..

God Bless Garth!

tokimonsta, crazy talented. been down with those beats since fly lo put her stuff out on brainfeeder. song is good, wouldn't be surprised if she produces some mainstream hits in the near future. 8/10

btw recent lecture @ RBMA. link

8/10 .

LOOK! It's the Thin White Duke

Ready to shape the Scheme of things!

the-thin-white-duke.jpg

6/10 sorry not a big fan of his work

Some might remember this from American Dad. It remains one of my favourite songs of all time.

Beautiful song. I like My Morning Jacket, didn't know they did that song, though. 8 minutes is a bit much for my ever shortening attention span 8/10

So this is thrash? sounds like a cross between punk and metal to me. I dug it. Hilarious lyrics. :D

7/10

i know "au revoir simone was influenced by them, can definitely hear it. it's a pleasant, feel good song. while i enjoy listening to it, it doesn't make me feel anything... like something in the background that wound't necessarily grab my attention. 6/10

6/10 song isn't bad, the way that guy uses his voice makes me want to hurt myself though. Would be 9/10 if it was sang by someone with a better voice.

6/10 overall maybe slightly higher for just the song. And she's wasting vodka. That's alcohol abuse.

6/10, sounds like every 14 year old boy that isn't super popular's thoughts expressed as music. Has its good points tho.