Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Rainbow Serphent 2013

8ft-Sativa

Bluelighter
Rainbow Serpent 2013

I hold this event in higher regard than any religion. Best three days of my life ... No shit!

Who's going?

This year i'm taking my DSLR .. For me it's going to be hugely about taking long exposure amazing shot's in breathtaking colour. ... Rainbow is always a photographers paradise!

Five more sleeps ... Fourteen thousand people loosing their shit .........Can't wait %)

Last edited:
have always wanted to make the pilgrimage, where is it held, shitty victoria isnt it?

Hasn't it been cancelled?

i was talking to a guy that hosts a fair bit of doofs in WA and we got on the subject of rainbow serpant and he told me it had been cancled.however a friend of mine from sydney check with the hosts after i told him and apparently its back on.anyways heres the media release.

MEDIA RELEASE
Council denies permit for Rainbow Serpent Festival

Pyrenees Shire Council has denied organisers of this year’s Rainbow Serpent Festival a permit because they did not provide adequate documentation to satisfy Council that all relevant safety and statutory requirements would be met Pyrenees Shire Council Mayor, Cr Michael O’Conner said today.
This followed the announcement on Monday this week that the fire and medical services provider engaged by the event organiser had withdrawn their services. As a result the organiser sought to seek alternative providers to facilitate these respective services. However they failed to provide documentation to the emergency service agencies to prove their ability to allow the event to proceed.
Cr O’Conner said Council made the informed decision based on recommendations from Ambulance Victoria, CFA and Victoria Police to refuse the permit as it was not believed adequate processes were in place to ensure the safety of festival goers and the community.
“After numerous requests organisers of the Rainbow Serpent Festival could not demonstrate that they had adequate emergency management plans and structures in place. For an event of this scale, adequate procedures are paramount in order to ensure public safety can be suitably regulated. Not having adequate procedures is a risk Council is not willing to take,” Cr O’Conner said.

The organisers require a Public Place of Entertainment (PoPE) permit for the event in accordance with the provisions of the Building Act (1993).

Cr Michael O’Connor emphasised that more now than ever, the safety of every person attending the Festival is paramount.
“Only recently our community has seen first hand how unforgiving the elements can be, the timing of the event is during a high-risk period and without proper and thorough preparation and planning the safety of festival goers can not be guaranteed,” Cr O’Connor said.
Pyrenees Shire Council believes the Festival is a great event for the Shire and hope to work with Event Organisers to ensure it returns in 2014.
“We are dedicated to the future and longevity of the Festival and hope that by building a relationship with Event Organisers we can ensure that all necessary procedures are implemented and aligned with emergency services and Council requirements,” Cr O’Connor said.
Council was sympathetic to ticket holders and urged them to contact event organisers to discuss refund options.
***ends***

*** Rainbow Serpent Festival Secures Permit ***

We are very excited to announce Rainbow Serpent Festival 2013 will go ahead after the Pyrenees Shire Council today granted all necessary permits.

We are very thankful to council and emergency services and thoroughly appreciate the extra time required of them to reconsider our permit application.

It’s been a tough week and our entire team are now working harder than ever to produce the most spectacular Rainbow Serpent in 16 years as a thank you to our army of fans who gave nothing but support and encouragement when we needed it most.

We saw over 9,000 signatures gathered on an online petition in 24 hours and we would like to thank you with the last minute addition of one of the world’s most eminent DJ’s who has been pivotal in the worldwide electronic music industry for more than 25 years.
Will spill the beans on that tomorrow or maybe even later tonight!

Without doubt this addition will cement Rainbow 2013 as an exceptional year and we expect everyone to be in an extra celebratory mood making this one festival experience not to be missed!

Thanks again, and see you in 4 days!

Scored a ticket today for $200 which is a pretty sweet price. This year I'm not taking a tent. I'll see how it goes just going to pull a massive three day bender, the kind of bender that would make Charlie Sheen grin.

Festival drug 'supermarket' attracts police scrutiny

Police found a large quantity of illicit drugs and cash in a car and caravan at the weekend's Rainbow Serpent dance music festival in Victoria's west.

Two men and a woman, all from Melbourne, have been charged with trafficking and possession after the discovery of amphetamines, ecstasy and cannabis.

They have been bailed to face the Ballarat Magistrates Court in March.

More than 10,000 people attended the four-day event at Lexton, north-west of Ballarat.

Senior Sergeant Peter McCormick says police will consider having a stronger presence at next year's festival.

"Ecstasy, cannabis, ice and, dare I say, [it was] like a supermarket," he said.

"So that'll certainly come under scrutiny for future events."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-01-29/festival-drug-27supermarket27-attracts-police-scrutiny/4488982

I had a chat to some young uniformed cops & they seemed happy to be there. They knew there were piles of drugs but their instructions were to do nothing about it and leave it to plain clothed officers. I thought the festival was a great advert for controlled drug use. Hardly any arrests, a little mild overindulgance and one great party. I had a ball. Overdid the LSD/MDMA combo a little on Sunday but a magical injection of Orange & Mango juice via a drinking straw to my mouth had me back on my feet in no time. See you at Maitreya!

^aw I really want to go to Maitreya festival but my work schedule won't allow it.
I heard the Rainbow decor was basically the same as the Eclipse decor. Lame.

The Rainbow Serpent Parties are IMO the last parties that have kept their vibe and are keeping the whole 90s PLUR thing going. Big ups to Felix and everyone who runs them. I know quite a few of the people behind the scenes and they aren't doing it for the money!! Well done. It will be a great shame if they go sick with the sniffer dogs next year.

I've never been to a Maitreya party - i plan to go and check it out this year, i've heard good things.