"From Neurons to Nirvana : Psychedelics in the 21st Century" Film

Dear friends (and family) of Bluelight,

I hope this post finds everyone well, enjoying the last days of summer (or winter, for all our friends in the Southern hemisphere). ☺

I want to first say thanks to all of you for your patience during the recent upgrades, with special appreciation to our engineers, Hoptis and Chr15. Without their efforts the daily operations of this site would have come to a screeching halt long ago. It’s exciting and humbling to know we have so many talented people dedicating their free time and expertise to make Bluelight the powerful resource (not to mention fun place) that it is today.

That being said, it is now my pleasure to share some exciting news regarding a landmark opportunity for all of us at Bluelight.

As many of you know, TheLoveBandit and I have been investing a great deal of time analyzing Bluelight’s strengths, potential and opportunities for improvement as we plot a course for our community going forward. Building on our strong sense of community and history of information sharing, TheLoveBandit and I have outlined a shared vision to see Bluelight expand into new areas and make a greater impact in the world. In this spirit, we decided to reach out to Oliver Hockenhull -- the director of "From Neurons to Nirvana: The Great Medicines.” Our friend Rick Doblin of MAPS first introduced me to the film’s trailer, which is currently circulating on the web:

http://vimeo.com/channels/neuronirvana

The people already involved with this project: Rick Doblin, David Nichols, Dennis McKenna, etc. represent a “who’s who” list of psychedelic celebrities.

First let me say that it's not everyday that I speak with a professional film director. ;) However, after watching the trailer and additional footage made available through the Vimeo portal, I began to feel strongly that Bluelight had a place in the important message Mr. Hockenhull wishes to convey in his film. For over a decade, Bluelight has sought to shift mainstream attitudes towards an acceptance of psychedelic research and raise awareness of the therapeutic potentials that await mankind. Individually and as a collective, with sites like Erowid and MAPS, Bluelight has played a significant role in building grassroots support for psychedelic research. With shared goals in mind, we have committed our services to help raise awareness for and ultimately help launch the film once it's been completed.

Mr. Hockenhull and I have been exchanging ideas regarding content and fundraising options for the past few months. I think you’ll all be pleased to hear that Mr. Hockenhull was already familiar with Bluelight, and had a number of flattering things to say about our community and members. He was also excited to hear of the transformation Bluelight has undertaken as a community – maturing from little more than a “raver site” in 1999, to a legitimate harm reduction resource involved in academic and private research.

A few weeks ago, Mr. Hockenhull launched a page on Kickstarter – a fantastic web resource for projects of this type. Kickstarter provides a quick and easy Internet portal for supporters to get updates on a project and raise enough money to hit a pre-determined goal. With the global reach of the Bluelight community, I believe we are in a unique position to help get the word out about “From Neurons to Nirvana” and direct significant traffic to Mr. Hockenhull’s kickstarter page.

To be involved in a project of this scale and prestige would be one of the great milestones in Bluelight's history. For this reason, I am asking each one of you for your help. This is indeed an ideal opportunity for our site, as we step out of our 2000's look and feel, that we take this chance to start spreading our wings beyond the web while utilizing all we have at our fingertips to make a difference. TLB and I have discussed this with the Senior staff and have gotten full support in launching our public support of the film and Mr. Hockenhull.

Soon, you will be seeing banners and videos placed around Bluelight related to these efforts. We will be pushing this message through our social media outlets via our Twitter, Facebook and Google+ account to send out teasers, updates, reminders, etc. about the film and Bluelight's involvement. In this way, it is our hope that Mr. Hockenhull is able to raise the funds necessary to complete the film and bring it to the masses.

Please review all that he's done on the project to date if you wish to learn more. I realize that times are tough for some, but it would be great if each Bluelighter stopped over at the “From Neurons to Nirvana” kickstarter page and pledge whatever you feel is appropriate and within your ability. I’ve recently done so myself.

In addition to monetary donations, you can also help by posting links to “From Neurons to Nirvana” on other web communities, your Facebook page, or anywhere else it might be appreciated. We already have a thread in DiTM, but to give this a bigger push for attention, we will indeed be launching an all out push to get our members, and their friends, to pledge what they can in support of this project. It aligns with the goals and aspirations we hold for this site and is the first of many such efforts we'll be bringing to you for your education, entertainment, and support.

Thank you to the Admins, who have already expressed their excitement and motivation regarding this project. Furthermore, Our thanks goes out to our now 200k+ registered members and staff, as well as the vast numbers of lurkers who read our site and can help in a positive cause like this. Let's make this happen, and let's make sure they know Bluelight played a part in getting this message to the world.

Are you with us??? ☺

SG

It is a appreciable that you are too good to manage your blog because actual meaning of blog dies if irrelevant comments remain for long time.real estate lawyers in new yorkFor good post knowledge based comments should be written so that people can learn from this blog.

Предлагаем огромный ассортимент грелок солевых оптом и в розницу с доставкой в любой регион.
Подробная информация на нашем сайте по адресу http://www.lintub.ru и по телефону 8 (495) 675-85-20