• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Quitting Methadone (that bastard)

The long PAWS of methadone withdrawal is the hard part. Worse than the withdrawal, though it can be difficult itself. I withdrew from 12yrs of methadone and benzodiazapines. It does get better. I said I would never take methadone again but here I am back on methadone 7yrs later so I'll have to do half of it again. Sending you my love and prayers. Hang in there and slowly you'll start to notice the improvements. Be careful with the benzos because believe it or not the withdrawal and PAWS can get much, much worse than methadone.
How did you managed ur paws? Please i beg u share me ur recipe

I wish i can say i'll man it up, but i can't, coz i don't have a dick. I tried SSRI last night and the effect is so horrible. I vomit continuously, my whole body feels like ants crawling and i could feel my brain was burning. From this at least i know:
1. I may have more serotonin than normal
2. This PAWS may be due my neurotransmitters firing faster than "normal" or than what my body is used to since no more MTD to slow them down.
3. I need something to calm my brain. My brain does work like a ferrari as if i'm continuously on double shot of espresso. Mania?
4. All the meds that i took while on MTD vs now feels completely different. Xanax used to give me slurred speech and euphoria while on MTD. Now it's just calming me down or knock me to sleep even at just 0.5mg. Zero euphoria.
SSRI used to knock me out to sleep while on MTD now is opposite.

MTD withdrawal also doesnt come on full blown until about day 11.
The PAWS come later about 1-2 months after MTD is undetectable in ur system. Im guessing this asshole PAWS also has something to do with the meds i was taking to quit the MTD itself. During my war with MTD it took me a month of daily dosing of so many different kinds of meds. Then i had to quit the Codeine. Then i had to quit the Pregab. Now i don't know how i can quit the Benzo...i wish i could quit MTD cold turkey, probably would have been faster.
Damnnnnn girl, you are giving me goosebumps just thinking was ahead. Today im on day 9 and to be honest yesterday sucked, i was not a good day, very anxious, lil ants of my arms, the runs. But i HOPE that your assessment is incorrect in that MTD wd doesnt come until about day 11, shit, or that PAWS start 1 to 2 months after the 'done is out you system. I mean were on MTD for 13 years straight?? This last run i was on MTD for 3 years, went on 90mg for a short time (was offered more didnt take that offer) most of the time it was at 50 to 40mg. Im praying that it doesnt kick my ass like your experience, cause thats sounds horrifying, i mean u quit the 1 of August you should be way way better now......everyone is different i guess. I just hope that you are just focusing on your recovery bc i cant imagine going to work or taking care of a family in your state. Take care, sending much love.

Damnnnnn girl, you are giving me goosebumps just thinking was ahead. Today im on day 9 and to be honest yesterday sucked, i was not a good day, very anxious, lil ants of my arms, the runs. But i HOPE that your assessment is incorrect in that MTD wd doesnt come until about day 11, shit, or that PAWS start 1 to 2 months after the 'done is out you system. I mean were on MTD for 13 years straight?? This last run i was on MTD for 3 years, went on 90mg for a short time (was offered more didnt take that offer) most of the time it was at 50 to 40mg. Im praying that it doesnt kick my ass like your experience, cause thats sounds horrifying, i mean u quit the 1 of August you should be way way better now......everyone is different i guess. I just hope that you are just focusing on your recovery bc i cant imagine going to work or taking care of a family in your state. Take care, sending much love.
Yes that ants on arms! I feel that too! I thought it was just me! Like hell! I didnt believe it either that MTD wd is worse at around day 11. Someone told me here in this forum and damn he was right. I also didnt believe in PAWS before. Well i have tried quitting MTD when i was like in my 20s (3 years on MTD) and i had no PAWS, ended in 2 weeks and i was ok-ish. But now is like fuckin hell. May i know how old u are? I guess the age of user + length of MTD use affects also the risk of PAWS.

Anyways i am glad u r doing so well and strong so far. U r very brave for doing this. U got balls.

Last edited:
Yes that ants on arms! I feel that too! I thought it was just me! Like hell! I didnt believe it either that MTD wd is worse at around day 11. Someone told me here in this forum and damn he was right. I also didnt believe in PAWS before. Well i have tried quitting MTD when i was like in my 20s (3 years on MTD) and i had no PAWS, ended in 2 weeks and i was ok-ish. But now is like fuckin hell. May i know how old u are? I guess the age of user + length of MTD use affects also the risk of PAWS.

Anyways i am glad u r doing so well and strong so far. U r very brave for doing this. U got balls.
Im 41, been using dope since the late 90s, all kinds of opiates. I shot speedballs for many many years (still got the scars), i did almost 5 years of suboxone maintenance + 3 years of MTD, one after the other. so 8 years on this shit. But day 9 today, and it was such a good day. Ive even got a connect thats coming home in a month for so microdosing of iboga and maybe a TA flood session. well see. thanks for your encouraging words, u as well, hold ur head high, we got this.

Im 41, been using dope since the late 90s, all kinds of opiates. I shot speedballs for many many years (still got the scars), i did almost 5 years of suboxone maintenance + 3 years of MTD, one after the other. so 8 years on this shit. But day 9 today, and it was such a good day. Ive even got a connect thats coming home in a month for so microdosing of iboga and maybe a TA flood session. well see. thanks for your encouraging words, u as well, hold ur head high, we got this.
Dude u can do it! Don't forget to take multivitamins, it helps a lot especially Vitamin C, D, B complex. Also i found probiotics brand Garden of Life Mood+ helps. It contains anti inflammatory bacterias, help with diarrhea, sleep and relaxation. Another that can help protect the brain is ginkgo biloba, also helps a lot with the ants on arms.
Lemme know how u progress. I wish u all the best. Sending love ❤

Just wanted to send my love and support.

I am not coming from methadone but I am coming from 90 mg morphine a day, switched to suboxone.
Day 5 here. Awake at 3:37, had to take an 8 mg dose, along with a gabapentin, and 1 mg clonazepam.
That is starting to calm things down.

Sleep is really broken.
I am hoping I may be able to go back to sleep in a few.

This is hard. I know guys.
But, we need to get our lives back.
It is going to be so much better after we get through this.
Keep going.

Dude u can do it! Don't forget to take multivitamins, it helps a lot especially Vitamin C, D, B complex. Also i found probiotics brand Garden of Life Mood+ helps. It contains anti inflammatory bacterias, help with diarrhea, sleep and relaxation. Another that can help protect the brain is ginkgo biloba, also helps a lot with the ants on arms.
Yo know that u mentioned that, today is Day 10 and i havent taken any vitamins (or coffee) just thinking that they might accelerate my system. I have does vitamins at home that you mention, B Complex as well. The Garden of life mood is a brand that has does anti inflammatory things???? I dont if i cant get it were im staying now for this kick but i give it a try. And Ginkgo Biloba helps with the ants?? fuck em, i think i have some here, cause i still get the ants. Sleeping horribly btw (I got Clonidine, Lyrica, two types of benzos lorazepam and bromazepam and Seroquel which i hate, cause i doesnt knock me out only gives me horrible munchies. Anyways thanks for the suggestions, any specific hour that i should take does vitamins?? Thanks again girl.

Holy shit girl, u were not kidding with Day 11, i thought it might be BS since i was feeling somewhat better, parts of the day. Today i woke up and i got no legs, like my knees have some fucking pliers on twisting them, they hurt so so much i cant walk. And yesterday i had my ViT C and B complex. I literally cant walk, wtf, this methadone kick its so weird, once u think u r over a hump another shit comes in and kicks ur ass. Imma get some Ginkgo biloba and Vit D today to see if that helps. fuck my life.

Holy shit girl, u were not kidding with Day 11, i thought it might be BS since i was feeling somewhat better, parts of the day. Today i woke up and i got no legs, like my knees have some fucking pliers on twisting them, they hurt so so much i cant walk. And yesterday i had my ViT C and B complex. I literally cant walk, wtf, this methadone kick its so weird, once u think u r over a hump another shit comes in and kicks ur ass. Imma get some Ginkgo biloba and Vit D today to see if that helps. fuck my life.
Hang in there. If u can get ur hands on trihexyphenidyl it helps a lot with restless leg syndrome and leg pain but doesnt last long. 2mg of trihexyphenidyl should give u relief.

The worst is actually gonna pass. U just need to hang on about 3-4 more days.

If u cant get ur hands on trihexyphenidyl, Valium also helps with the cramps. 5-10mg should do just fine if u don't abuse benzo as well.

Hang in there. Sending u lots of love ❤️

Yo know that u mentioned that, today is Day 10 and i havent taken any vitamins (or coffee) just thinking that they might accelerate my system. I have does vitamins at home that you mention, B Complex as well. The Garden of life mood is a brand that has does anti inflammatory things???? I dont if i cant get it were im staying now for this kick but i give it a try. And Ginkgo Biloba helps with the ants?? fuck em, i think i have some here, cause i still get the ants. Sleeping horribly btw (I got Clonidine, Lyrica, two types of benzos lorazepam and bromazepam and Seroquel which i hate, cause i doesnt knock me out only gives me horrible munchies. Anyways thanks for the suggestions, any specific hour that i should take does vitamins?? Thanks again girl.
The Vit C+ B complex dont take on empty stomach. Take it after lunch.
Ginkgo take at night so u dont have that ants while u sleep.
D take at night. It helps with sleep.
If u cant get that brand of probiotics just get another brand but make sure it has 16 different strains. U will need to prep ur gut because opiate slows down our gut and when opiate is no more the gut runs fast causing anxiety + fibromyalgia. Gut bacterias also can communicate directly with brain. This is actually helps a lot for after the acute wd symptom has passed. But prepping beforehand wont hurt u.

U have to realize that wds aren't linear, its like a 🌊 that dissipates slowly. One day you feel better, next day symptoms come back and you feel like shit. Nonetheless, that doesn't mean you aren't progressing. Quite the contrary, you're advancing just that it's a slow process.
It takes people several tries to finally have the will power to finally quit. Now PAWS is the real fucking monster, after being on dope for so many months, years or even decade+... you need to learn how to live without the opioids/opiates +resolve all the shit that has accumulated while you were strung out. Coping with all this shit and the anhedonia/boredom from paws makes almost everyone fall back into drugs.
It's a very painful process, not impossible but still very hard to achieve.
One thing that helps alot is trying to generate natural endorphins as soon as you can, even just going for a small walk in the morning to the store helps your natural endorfins going.
gl and stay safe/positive.

Just wanted to send my love and support.

I am not coming from methadone but I am coming from 90 mg morphine a day, switched to suboxone.
Day 5 here. Awake at 3:37, had to take an 8 mg dose, along with a gabapentin, and 1 mg clonazepam.
That is starting to calm things down.

Sleep is really broken.
I am hoping I may be able to go back to sleep in a few.

This is hard. I know guys.
But, we need to get our lives back.
It is going to be so much better after we get through this.
Keep going.
Have u tried Benadryl? It helped knocked me to sleep during intense MTD wd. It has side effects tho, in the morning it made me very drowsy. Becareful mixing that with opiate, it seems to increase the effect of opiate. Maybe wait several hours after ur suboxone dose.

During this PAWS i feel like my husband, his name was Mr. Methadone Syrup, just died. 😂😂😂
I am broken hearted 😂😂😂
I was Mrs. Syrup. Now i have an affair twice a week with Mr. Valium just to put my head on his shoulders to cry on...

The Vit C+ B complex dont take on empty stomach. Take it after lunch.
Ginkgo take at night so u dont have that ants while u sleep.
D take at night. It helps with sleep.
If u cant get that brand of probiotics just get another brand but make sure it has 16 different strains. U will need to prep ur gut because opiate slows down our gut and when opiate is no more the gut runs fast causing anxiety + fibromyalgia. Gut bacterias also can communicate directly with brain. This is actually helps a lot for after the acute wd symptom has passed. But prepping beforehand wont hurt u.
Wow thank you so much for this advice. Excellent advice. Day 12 and feeling pretty O K, lets see how it goes. Again thanks a lot Herbs.

U have to realize that wds aren't linear, its like a 🌊 that dissipates slowly. One day you feel better, next day symptoms come back and you feel like shit. Nonetheless, that doesn't mean you aren't progressing. Quite the contrary, you're advancing just that it's a slow process.
It takes people several tries to finally have the will power to finally quit. Now PAWS is the real fucking monster, after being on dope for so many months, years or even decade+... you need to learn how to live without the opioids/opiates +resolve all the shit that has accumulated while you were strung out. Coping with all this shit and the anhedonia/boredom from paws makes almost everyone fall back into drugs.
It's a very painful process, not impossible but still very hard to achieve.
One thing that helps alot is trying to generate natural endorphins as soon as you can, even just going for a small walk in the morning to the store helps your natural endorfins going.
gl and stay safe/positive.
When PAWS comes /if they come I will deal with that, right now Day 12 of a methadone kick, cant think straight sometimes, yesterday was hell, today im feeling better. Thanks for the advice, i really appreciated. Take care homie.

When PAWS comes /if they come I will deal with that, right now Day 12 of a methadone kick, cant think straight sometimes, yesterday was hell, today im feeling better. Thanks for the advice, i really appreciated. Take care homie.
Hang in there!
Just wanted to cheer you onward.
You will feel better! Better and more better.
Don’t give up.

Things do really start to shape up.
Just give it some time.
Weed has been helpful to me during this time.

Hope you are doing alright today.
Hope you got some sleep.

Sending you a warm hug and some love.
❤️🙏❤️

Ibogaine.
U got some experience with ibogaine? I did a flood dose and then a ceremony and it was an incredible experience, unfortunately i didnt change my "friends" or environment and relapse in a few months. This was 10 years ago. Im planning another go with a provider thats coming here to were im staying in about a month.

Hang in there!
Just wanted to cheer you onward.
You will feel better! Better and more better.
Don’t give up.

Things do really start to shape up.
Just give it some time.
Weed has been helpful to me during this time.

Hope you are doing alright today.
Hope you got some sleep.

Sending you a warm hug and some love.
❤️🙏❤️
How are you doing today? You are on day 14 right? Hope u r doing well. Lets do this!!!

How are you doing today? You are on day 14 right? Hope u r doing well. Lets do this!!!
Doing well, here.
I am still needing 16-20 mg every 8 hours.
I have to try and get the dosage down.
I am going to cut out the “in the night dose”, I think I can get back to sleep now.

I got some doxylamine for sleep.
That works well for me.

yup, day 14.
Rock an’ Roll!

We got this.