• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Quick thoughts, help! Is 1ng/mg fent explainable?

Harmredux

Bluelighter
I got test results from piss test and it had
Fentanyl 1 ng/mg creat
Norfentanyl 5 ng/mg creat

This seems like as low as it could go.

My reg meds "scores" were in the hundreds or thousands but I am not scripted fent.

I had a colonoscopy about 2.5 to 3 months ago but don't know if this is plausible.

You can't get lower than 1ng/mg creat so hoping that might help.

Really worried.

Anyone have any ideas about what to say if it is an issue? Should I suggest that the fact it is under 1 might mean even less rounded up?
Blame it on the delta-8 which I asked him permission to try 2 months before I knew the urinalysis was coming up?

Last edited:
Sorry man. We can't help you with tests. If it was sent off for a mass spec and fentanyl was detected seems pretty clear you ingested some. I would just ask them for a re-test if you know for sure you haven't taken any.

A colonoscopy 3 months ago wasn't the cause. They don't use fentanyl in that procedure.

Doubt the delta 8 had anything to do with it either.

What did Dr. say when you came back with it in your system. Seems to me that HIS opinion is the only that matters at this point.

Actually, my colonoscopy was about 3-4 weeks ago, and it was done under general anaesthesia so they did use propofol and other meds including I think fentanyl.

The urine showed ONE (1) ng. fentanyl, 5ng of a fentanyl metabolite, along with something suggesting an "herbal THC" metabolite. We discussed me trying Delta 8 and I said it might show up, he gave me his blessing to try it.

I don't know if that barely detectable amount of fentanyl would have been rounded up from ANY amount to 1, so I guess real question is what do you folks think sounds more plausible, to suggest that the trace amount is left over from the procedure or that I may have taken a delta-8 over the counter product that had something in it that showed up as fentanyl.
What sounds more plausible to any of you?

I have never had a test come back before with anything I was not scripted, so I have not had to deal with this situation with him.

Also, I don't know what the cutoff level is, but my regularly scripted meds for pain usually show up around the 3000 to 5000 ng level depending on the usage of the weeks prior and this was literally 1 ng along with the 5ng of metabolite.

I don't use anything recreational, so I never had THC, or any kind of other substance show up before.

I don't know if I should just wait until I see what he says or try to nip it in the bud by casually mentioning it before he potentially does. He did not provide a list of meds to the lab, so I don't know if insurance is going to pick up on it or not. But if they do, then at least I could give him a ready explanation of why it might be there.

What does everyone think?

Besides this D-8, any other illegal drugs lately?

It is possible you did get fentanyl for general anesthesia, I’d check back into that. When they did me recently I got propofol and ketamine I believe.

-GC

I am reading that most tests cutoff level is minimum 10ng/ml...

Isn't this likely a mistake?

We don't ask or answer drug test questions here. It's part of the rules ( blua . As much as we would like to help people we have no idea why a mass spec would come back that way.

And yes, I told you yesterday it was more than likely a re-test was necessary. Surely a mistake from what you have said.

Gotcha. Just as an aside, I looked up what 1ng/l is equal to, and I presume that it would be discarded anyway. It's one part per TRILLION. To give you an idea of how small that is, it would be one drop in 20 Olympic sized pools, about 1/10th of the amount of gold in any body of water (including the ocean), & the average $20 bill has 006 parts per BILLION of cocaine on it.
So basically, every bill in circulation has more coke on it by a factor of ten, six times over.

I guess there's a reason why most labs don't bother reporting anything under 10 ppt. It just pisses me off though.
Incidentally, the article I read said that places like ATMs expose workers to amounts that if tested to 1ng/l (which is the same as a part per trillion) would cause them to fail a drug test for pretty much any drugs that people snort.