• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Quick Phenibut question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mycophile

Bluelighter
I usually take 4,000mgs of Phenibut one day a week, usually Saturdays.

I have never taken that dose more than twice in a 5 day period out of fear of addiction because they say not to on the tub.

So I took 4,000mgs last Saturday (5 days ago) and want to again on Saturday as usual, but today being Wednesday and having a little mild Kratom WD I want to take approximately 2,000-2,500mgs of Phenibut to feel a bit better.

Am I likely to get addicted or get Phenibut withdrawal if do that and end up dosing approx. 10,000mgs over the course of a 7-8 day period and dose twice in a 3 day period???

I mean I've heard of people dosing 6,000mgs in a day and being fine so is that that different from 2,000-2,500 today and 4,000mgs in 3 days??

I should mention I also take Klonopin sometimes so I'd think that MIGHT lessen any discomfort I might feel?

Any answers as to whether or not this would be going overboard are appreciated.

Nobody??

I'm thinking taking such a little bit extra within a few days isn't a big deal but I want opinions from some Phenibut users.

I know some people use this stuff more than recommended but I'm trying to be very careful and rarely take it more than once a week except for this one time so I want to know if it's ok or if I'm likely to have withdrawal if I take 2,500mgs today (I already did) and then take 4,000mgs again in 3 days (and then none again for another week).

Thanks

you're just asking for problems the more and more you take it, especially since you stated you also take klonopin. you're looking for persmission to use more than you normally do from the internet, if you're worried to begin with and are asking bluelight, you already have your answer imo. be safe

Be careful with it. That amount won't likely put you in WD, but it is easy to get into a habit with phenibut where there are diminishing returns but ya take it anyway. For example, the other day I made a thread asking for help with tapering my 5 gram a day habit and no one responded at all. Don't get addicted to it man, it sucks and doesn't work like it used to. Be careful.

I never would take more than 1g of Phenibut a day, and would not exceed 1.5g or in rare cases 2g/week. The rebound effects should not be underestimated. The GABA-system is nothing to fuck with, because in contrast to most/all other habits the withdrawal can be hazardous, so better not even start this path or if anything take high doses of l-theanine instead.

I never would take more than 1g of Phenibut a day, and would not exceed 1.5g or in rare cases 2g/week. The rebound effects should not be underestimated. The GABA-system is nothing to fuck with, because in contrast to most/all other habits the withdrawal can be hazardous, so better not even start this path or if anything take high doses of l-theanine instead.

I've been taking 4,000mgs every Saturday and no more than that or more often than that for several months now with no issues.

It even says on the back of the tub not to exceed 4,000mgs (4 grams) a week meaning that that amount is ok.

I just don't see it as likely that I'd get withdrawal from having taken 2,500mgs in the middle of the week in addition to my normal dosing pattern one time only.

Last edited:
Be careful with it. That amount won't likely put you in WD, but it is easy to get into a habit with phenibut where there are diminishing returns but ya take it anyway. For example, the other day I made a thread asking for help with tapering my 5 gram a day habit and no one responded at all. Don't get addicted to it man, it sucks and doesn't work like it used to. Be careful.

I am.

Honestly, I don't like it enough to let myself get addicted and I already know how addictive it is from how much I've read about it which is why I am asking.

My main enjoyment I get out of it is simply that it potentiates Kratom so well and I really like Kratom.

There's no way in HELL I'd let myself get addicted to Phenibut.

you're just asking for problems the more and more you take it, especially since you stated you also take klonopin. you're looking for persmission to use more than you normally do from the internet, if you're worried to begin with and are asking bluelight, you already have your answer imo. be safe

Why would I be asking for problems MORE than most people because I take Klonopin??

Would Klonopin be more likely to lessen any mild WD symptoms if I ever got any because it is also a GABAergic??

I'm NOT looking for permission to BEGIN using it more often than once in a week in the future, just like i always have, just looking for info on whether or not it's likely that the fact that I took one mid-week dose this time would lead to withdrawal.

I don't think it's really very likely that it would be enough to do that based on what I know...so really...my asking BL hasn't already given me my answer....

Also, if I dose on Saturday and I WERE to notice any withdrawal symptoms (I hope I don't if I do decide to dose).....how quickly would they show up??

24 hours??

A few days??

I used it responsibly at about 3 grams twice a week for a long time with no issues. YMMV

I used it responsibly at about 3 grams twice a week for a long time with no issues. YMMV

Ok, so that's 6,000mgs a week, and if I take 4,000mgs on Saturday as usual, that will have been 6,500mgs this week, same as you basically, and only exceeding the highest weekly dosage mentioned on the tub by 2,500mgs, which probably isn't that much all things considered.

I don't think that's over usage.

Not like the people using it every day or every other day or exceeding 10,000 or more milligrams per week, and ESPECIALLY seeing as this is the only time I will take a mid week dose.

I'm assuming withdrawal should not occur from having had one 2,500mgs mid week dose in addition to my normal dosing pattern that has proven safe and non-habit forming thus far.

Why would I be asking for problems MORE than most people because I take Klonopin??

Would Klonopin be more likely to lessen any mild WD symptoms if I ever got any because it is also a GABAergic??

I'm NOT looking for permission to BEGIN using it more often than once in a week in the future, just like i always have, just looking for info on whether or not it's likely that the fact that I took one mid-week dose this time would lead to withdrawal.

I don't think it's really very likely that it would be enough to do that based on what I know...so really...my asking BL hasn't already given me my answer....

No, klonopin wouldn't necessarily keep phenibut withdrawl at bay. One works on gaba A and one works on gaba B, so, theoretically, they shouldn't help each other with withdrawl. Im not saying you should use it every day, but if you do get an addiction its not that difficult to taper from. Not in my opinion, at least. I know that's not the "pc" type of thing to say, but I honestly don't see what the big stink is about tapering off of it. Granted I didn't have some colossal 10 gram a day habit like I see some people getting. God I cant even imagine using that much. But I was at about 2 grams a day for a few months and it wasn't that hard to taper down.

Status
Not open for further replies.