• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Questions Pertaining To Tolerance Break

Bloodborne1

Bluelighter
So a quick introduction to get to my question in a swift manner:
For almost all of 2019, I took norco daily at high dosages. I was prescribed 5mg pills, and the minimum I would do a day in a three-four hour span would be 14 pills (70mg). That was my minimum consumption. It was fairly common I’d take 100mg or more (utilizing cold water extractions if unable to get my hands on 10mg ones).
The reason my numbers were so excessive was simply subsequent of chasing the dragon. I had lost the ability to feel any euphoria. And even taking those high concentrations still left me with no noticeable impression.
Fast forward to 2020. For the last few months my average intake a day is 30-35mg. Quite a substantial decrease as you would see. Be that as it may, I still have none of the positive effects of taking the medication. So my question is this:
Generally how long does it take to reset my tolerance? Clearly I didn’t go cold turkey, but I’ve had a hefty decrease in what I take. I would have suspected my tolerance would have deteriorated somewhat. I comprehend tolerance builds up quickly (when I started taking them back in 2016 I could take a mere 15mg and have intensified euphoria and calming sedation coupled with warmth and everything nice). I realize there’s no way I’ll reset to that level, but surely after a few months such a colossal decrease in daily ingesting should have yielded some results. Essentially for the last year I’ve been taking them and getting the same effect with taking a placebo.

So how long until roughly I start having some noticeable positive side effects?

Thanks in advance!

Sorry to say , but with Hydrocodone you will need to STOP 🛑 for about two - three weeks! The longer you have used , the longer the stop the closer you get to that first feeling.
But not to rain on your parade , as you start to use again tolerance builds much quicker with dailey use from now on.
I have been on Norco for 10 years, and when I can skip daily use helps a lot, as well as lower dosages
. Now I have added Gabapentin to the mix with very good results.
I am taking for pain but do enjoy the effects as well “ pain does Suck”

I’m not trying to reset tolerance completely. I just want to feel something. I feel like I’m taking non-narcotic medication. I’ve cut back significantly over these few months, yet still nothing.