• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Questions on prescribed anxiety meds and opioids

JuliaGoulia

Greenlighter
Hello! I?m a new member so forgive me if I haven?t posted in the right place. I?ve been looking around and haven?t seen a definitive answer to my question so I figured I?d just ask.
I am prescribed oxycodine 10/325 for pain and bupropion 150 2/xd for quite some time. I?ve been having increased anxiety and more recently have started having panic attacks. (2 in past 2 weeks)
my doc prescribed klonopin .5 as needed. I have taken this in the past but never with pain meds. I?m worried about interactions. I know my dr wouldn?t prescribe anything unsafe but I?ve been reading a lot of bad stuff about mixing the two. Does anyone have any input or advice on how to space them?
I am not opioid naive as I have been taking pain meds for about 3 years. Started with hydrocodone and as tolerance increased so has dosage and narcotic. I am not a recreational user (no judgement to anyone who is) I just want to manage my anxiety and pain safely.
Thanks!

There shouldnt be an issue as long as you take your meds as prescribed. Both klonopin and oxycodone are respiratory depressants but your doses are very small so you should be fine. It starts becoming a problem with more recreational doses.

My Pain Mgmt prescribes clonazapam 5 mg up to 3 times per day and he also prescribes pain medication much stronger than what you are taking. And, I am senior citizen.

If your doc gave it to you, I would not worry. Its his ass if anything happens. TBH id do a happy dance if i was you but thats from the brain of an addict

The Klonopin will definitely increase the effects of the Oxy. I'd refrain from driving or other similar activities while combining the two, at least until you know how you react to those doses.

That being said, both are low doses, so you shouldn't have too much to worry about, but it's always better to side on the errof caution !