• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Questions after my first experience on meth.

Brybry

Greenlighter
I'll start off saying it's currently Monday for me, and my first use was Saturday morning with crystal. I started at around 5am and throughout the day snorted 4 lines of the crushed crystal. We (my buddy who had it) stayed up all night and from the start of Sunday morning I had snorted 3 more lines until about 7am when another friend cam and we began smoking it then. I smoked about 6-7 times and hot railed once until 4pm when I had left with my friend to get dropped off to wait for my girl. I had hallucinations but was up for a day already before even starting use. This morning I had slept from 4-5am and that was it. At about 10am I felt tired but shook it off with ease. And again the same thing at about 12am. Since then I've felt fine except for a bit of soreness from being up for 4 days, and I stopped seeing things. I've habitually used a multitude of other substances before including other stimulants and despite the dosage/amount of time I used I never had withdrawals or comedowns (not sure if that means anything). I'm just curious as to what I should expect/when I should expect it. It's currently 7:38pm as I finish writing this. I appreciate any and all comments.

About a comedown? Meth comedown is usually just exhaustion, irritability, and the soreness you are experiencing. I can tell you meth has a tendency to get people who don't get addicted easily hooked.

Comedowns are very individual. I've always had a very smooth ride (with just the occasional sharp pang of anxiety) but I usually redose tiny amounts throughout the last day.

After a long bender like that, no amount of anxiety is going to stop me from falling asleep the moment I lay my head on something.

A lot of folks, if you read these threads, have a terrible time, with panic attacks, racing heart, hallucinations. And at the tail of a bender, they could start at any time really, two hours after your last dose.

I think the big difference is how you spend the day. I sit around and relax till I'm asleep, granted that's also every day. Others feel squirmy so they pace around and flail and say they can't sleep.

If you sort of accept that you will continue to hallucinate occasional voices or weird visuals up to the moment you finally sleep, you might feel better. Racing hearts, dizziness, all the price of admission.

As for withdrawals, I don't think they happen with one long weekend. Pick up a daily habit for months, then that's . . . really not too bad.

I'm inclined to agree scrofula, I was always extremely active while I was using. But I also never had any anxiety, just was exhausted and kinda sore.

I've never really had a comedown. I just go to sleep when I'm done to recover.

I do tend to eat and drink quite a bit throughout and take short naps a few times a day though, which probably helps.

I don't know when I'll actually be able to sleep yet as I don't have a place to stay where I am but I spent the day with my girl and had completely forgotten that I had even done it until I texted my friend again after she had left. After spending the time with her I felt right as my usual self but was told by my friends that it can hook you fast and there were quite a few symptoms to watch out for.

The problem is you don't notice those symptoms in yourself.

I have to tell the anxious ones it's not their fault, that's just a side dish with any stim, served day and night.

I have had comedowns with chicken wing flapping, that weird lip smack thing, head bobbing around like an ostrich, sparkly items screaming for me to come pick em. If I was outside in like a mall full of humans, they'd at least send a security to tail me. Picking at the glitter embedded in the linoleum might get me booted.

If I got to the mall ever, since driving, while technically possible, is a hallucinatory trip you don't want.

BUT, when I chicken wing around the house, the cat seems indifferent, and the mental space is generally happy, Tweak out trying to figure out if your weird leg shake really has a kind of secret rhythm in it.

I guess the downside of avoiding humans is the risk of delusions building up. Your dog can't tell you that those really are just audio hallucinations of several men slowly encircling the house,. I've heard those before. But they come from your mind, and keeping your mind from thinking about SWAT teams might prevent a bad trip.

Not to mention your dog tends to spaz out with you. I had a Doberman for a while, he used to spaz the hell out when I'd get paranoid, and hed growl and snarl at every noise, and he was never in the room until after I was done smoking, window open.

I felt right as my usual self but was told by my friends that it can hook you fast and there were quite a few symptoms to watch out for.

Sounds like you had a gentle comedown already. Very auspicious for 2018.

Hopefully you'll get good sleep (somewhere) and eat and drink a lot, and not have any problems. Maybe on like day two you'll get sudden stabs of intense sadness, but they don't last very long.

Then you get to ask yourself if, but really when, will you do it again?

I don't recommend it but vicodin + anxiolytic may reduce soreness and will help with sleep. If still trouble, take in addition with sleepy-time tea and melatonin/diphenhydramine. best thing is to relaxxx. count your breaths. . . water...

...comes a time when those bio-chemical process' stop and it becomes your last breath

Meth usually gives me a nasty comedown. Physically and mentally drained for a sustained period of time. My last few times haven’t been so bad. I’m not recommending this because I know how fucked up mixing drugs can be, even if just a comedown, but maybe a few diazepam or something would help ease your way through the comedown.

in the begining its all awesome and you can stay up for days, now it don't do shit. addiction sucks quit now while your ahead

Keep any future buys small, OP. The temptation to redose when you're already high is just too great with a big rock sitting there. You'll still be up when the next night comes, then use again to keep going, until it's Monday and you use in the bathroom to stay awake through work.

It is totally possible to fall asleep while standing, in a crowded work room, mid-sentence.

Absolutely or driving, or the occasional heroin type nod mid conversation.

I got this when taking Subutex. Not a pleasant feeling. I was coming out of the nods shaking hands with the air. I had obviously had a quick lucid dream and when coming out of the nod I was talking and making gestures to people that weren’t there. Was kind of strange when I came back to myself and thought about it