View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Questions about the low-dose DMT space vs. the high dose

Lynmarie

Greenlighter
I've had two experiences recently with low dose NN-DMT. I'm not sure of the exact dosage, but they were definitely sub-breakthrough. Prior to this, my experience with psychedelics was limited to tripping light doses of LSD or mushrooms a few times as a teenager.

I found myself in a space with a really bizarre feeling tone. While having the experience, all I could think was, "What the HELL is that!?!?" It wasn't about what I saw, which was some unbelievable geometrics and swirling colors, but about this feeling I found really unpleasant. It was like the feeling of a totally insane alien funhouse factory. It was just so freaking weird and disturbing. I did not like it at all, but I kept feeling into it, trying to understand what it was. To complicate matters, both times this space also felt very familiar, like I'd been there before.

So here are my questions. Do you guys find that the low-dose DMT experience feels a lot different than the high dose? I'm wondering if I smoke enough, if I'll get past that space or if it will just be intensified instead. I've heard some people describe an unpleasant tunnel that leads to hyperspace, so maybe I'm just getting stopped there and need to push through it?

Also, does anyone have any understanding of what that experience IS? I mean, is that crazy, insane, bizarre space part of me? Is it some roiling madness in the collective unconscious? Is it another reality entirely? Is there any benefit to exploring it, rather than moving on to a (hopefully) more enjoyable high dose or another psychedelic altogether? Any insight at all or shared experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for being here!

DMT is much better at a proper dose, sufficient to cause breakthrough. Low doses may be interesting but they are bound to be more anxiogenic.

The body high from a proper dose is to my mind better than any other drug. There is no way to properly compare the body high from low doses and sufficiently high doses because their effects are so dissimilar. The body high from low doses I would agree is not very encouraging. The feeling that can be reached from a sufficiently high dose is difficult to describe but it is something above and beyond all expectations.

Love.

I didn't mind DMT at low dose, just enough to visually alter my surroundings without them completely fragmenting. I found that re-dosing small amounts every 15 minutes for an hour or so makes for a somewhat pleasant ride, that creepy tryptamine feeling that surges through the body gets a little nicer each time.

I didn't get any kind of profound enlightenment or anything on high doses though so the feeling of being flung out of the universe into a distant realm with liquid metallic alien bugs crawling all around me was a bit much to endure.. One time though, off in the distance, I could hear a symphony orchestra playing this haunting rendition of 'Break & Enter' by The Prodigy. That was pretty cool.

"Creepy tryptamine feeling." Yup, that describes it! Thanks so much for your input, guys. Very helpful. I think I'm going to suck it up and try for the breakthrough dose.

Yea low dose and breakthrough are basically like two different compounds if you look at effects.blow dose is like a super high dose acid trip with less mental insanity , and of course insane visuals , body high, etc. break though and it's no longer comparable to acid at any dose ( that I have tried) and becomes much more spiritual, out of body, incredible multidimensional astral projection and the most intense and vivid and incredible closed eye( or open - they become one) visuals of any drug I have experience with. I've tried it a dozen times, broken through about 5. Not super experiences but I have very strong memories of these experiences- they stayed with me more than any other psychedelic I've done- in the long term I mean.

Be careful and of course find the right dose for your mindset/experience/mood/setting -'and comfort level.