• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Question: Why do you think there is more MDMA currently available in Australia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnboy

Bluelight Crew
Hello all. It has been a while.

I was just asked this question by a journalist and I was a bit stumped. There seems to be an increase in the availability of MDMA based pills recently. This comes after a number of years of low and inconsistent supply. I have some ideas as to why it went away (China cracking down on the export of precursors) but does anyone have any speculation as to why it has returned?

What I'm looking for is big picture stuff. Speculation is fine so long as it informed speculation. Has another country stepped into the role of major precursor supplier? Has manufacture moved to a different region? Has SilkRoad affected domestic importation? Have manufacturers of (briefly) legal substances such as mephedrone retooled for MDMA production?

Have any of you read anything, or heard any stories, along these lines? Or what have I missed?

I'm curious to see who is out there in BL now who might be following these trends. And I'm also curious to see how this sort of crowd sourcing goes these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still looks pretty shit on pill reports mate. 10 pages or so and most of what i see is Adulterated and mdxx low's, some mediums and very few md highs.

Then goto the Europe section and there's 6 x md highs on the first page alone.

MDMA crystals seem to be alot more available here these days tho, and in the last few years, the last few pills i've tested have been shit (one was mda and pretty weak, the other was god knows what and wasn't consumed), the last 2 lots of crystal i tested were heavy mdma reactions with smoke and fizz.

Last edited:
Pills are still rubbish, that wont change unless youre willing to pay an arm and a leg for one.

Although theres a shitload of mdma not in pill form

australia is notorious for shit expensive pills and drugsin general. unfortunatelly we are appathetic in most things including drugs

pretty sure the pills went to crap because of how hard it is to get ingredients. The last one I heard of going around was blue mitsi, which I believe is amphetamine based. It annoys me when people say all drugs are crap now. It all depends on who you know. Yeah most people are ripping people off and don't know how to cook right. But there is still excellent drugs out there if you know whos got them and you got the money

pretty sure the pills went to crap because of how hard it is to get ingredients. The last one I heard of going around was blue mitsi, which I believe is amphetamine based. It annoys me when people say all drugs are crap now. It all depends on who you know. Yeah most people are ripping people off and don't know how to cook right. But there is still excellent drugs out there if you know whos got them and you got the money

sounds like a fairy elitest attitude

It all comes down to who u know imo. My connects have been able to get mdxx high pills and crystal molly all the time. Even during the "drought". The only difference is that they keep it for perso if there is a low supply. The demand gets so high that people have to throw something out on the market. I doubt SR has anything to do with it. Do u know how many pills / crystal is consumed every single weekend? The quality of pills dropped since the calabrian maffia went down, id say they were supplying most of Australias market. Now that they were gone someone else has taken over Its just pure speculation as to who actually took over. There definitely seems to be more available to the average disco Joe though:)

There's a lot of good mdma based pills that have been going around for over 2 years.
Perhaps it does come down to who you know, as I can never find reports on the ones that float around my hood.

It is just the usual ebbs and flow of supply and demand. After the great saffrol purge obviously things became tough. Throw in more than a handful of major syndicate busts and things were dire. The rapid increase in a myriad of new RC's tried to fill the void but thankfully common sense and hopefully a better educated public meant there still existed a market for quality MDMA. If people hadn't driven the demand for better quality pills I'm sure no one would have bothered to produce it.

The fact remains nothing on the market compares with high quality MDMA and people are willing to pay top dollar for it. I would happily pay double the current price of shit pills for a night on good ones. (In fact in the early 90's I was paying even more than that and not having a second thought about it). Whoever the major players are have obviously fixed their precursor source problems and are making a tidy profit from it. The greater the risk the higher the reward.

(In fact in the early 90's I was paying even more than that and not having a second thought about it).

Yeah same, and the quality and strength seemed much more consistent than todays ones, but it's who you know I guess. As stated above by a few people the strong ones often get around in circles, but they don't seem to show up on pr.com much.

Has SilkRoad affected domestic importation?
can't comment on the other questions as i'm not in australia but a quick thought on this^^^

SR isn't big enough (yet) to play a major role. googling suggests the illicit drug trade in australia is worth upwards of AUD 5 billion. an academic study (christin 2012) estimates SR's annual sales volume to in the ballpark of USD 15 million. and those are worldwide sales. SR = peanuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.