View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Question, shrooms vs. Acid

Holly.3

Bluelighter
I've taken acid four different times back around 2004 and 2005. Had one really good trip and the other three were pretty bad so I stopped taking it. Never taken shrooms. I've got a friend that went on a 5 day camping trip/hiking trip in Colorado four or five years ago. She did a shroom one night by the campfire. She said she felt real good and was laughing a lot. What is the difference between the effects of shrooms and acid? I've heard more stories of people having bad trips on acid than I have with people on shrooms. I know shrooms are powerful. Are shrooms better to take versus acid as far as the trip and the physical effects it has on you?

I've taken acid four different times back around 2004 and 2005. Had one really good trip and the other three were pretty bad so I stopped taking it. Never taken shrooms. I've got a friend that went on a 5 day camping trip/hiking trip in Colorado four or five years ago. She did a shroom one night by the campfire. She said she felt real good and was laughing a lot. What is the difference between the effects of shrooms and acid? I've heard more stories of people having bad trips on acid than I have with people on shrooms. I know shrooms are powerful. Are shrooms better to take versus acid as far as the trip and the physical effects it has on you?

The reasons why you hear less about bad shroom trips vs bad LSD trips might be because of acid's significantly longer duration - a shroom trip lasts around 4-6 hours, vs 8-12 for an LSD experience. LSD is also often dosed quite inconsistently, so someone who thinks they need "400 mics" for a decent trip (because their "100 ?g" blotters only contained less than half the advertised dosage) might be in for quite a shock when they come across better blotters and realize what an actual 400?g dose feels like.

Apart from the duration, the main difference between shrooms and acid is probably that LSD is generally more stimulating; in general, they can both be considered the type of psychedelic that emphasizes an intense headspace over visuals. Some people also report more nausea from shrooms, although that could be atleast partially because shrooms just aren't all that appetizing.

The reasons why you hear less about bad shroom trips vs bad LSD trips might be because of acid's significantly longer duration - a shroom trip lasts around 4-6 hours, vs 8-12 for an LSD experience. LSD is also often dosed quite inconsistently, so someone who thinks they need "400 mics" for a decent trip (because their "100 ?g" blotters only contained less than half the advertised dosage) might be in for quite a shock when they come across better blotters and realize what an actual 400?g dose feels like.

It's all true. Also, severalblotters out there, sold as LSD, actually contain other psychedelics that may have longer duration (up to 30hrs for DOB). That's why a new batch of acid should be tested in more controlled conditions (lower dose, not in public) and, once you're aware of this specific blotter's effects, you can go further.

With shrooms you know what you're getting.

I have found the shroom trip harder to control... whats that saying... On LSD you are the driver, on shrooms you are in the passenger seat.

That being said, acid seems to have more after effects on me, so I'd rather do shrooms.

LSD has always been fairly predictable in its effects for me, whereas shrooms introduce that element of uncertainty that for me leads the way to pronoia, then paranoia. So I generally have to be more careful with shrooms

I'm pretty inexperienced in regards to Shrooms over LSD having only done Shrooms 3 times and from my experience I find them to be a much more physically uncomfortable experience whereas LSD I very rarely get any discomfort beyond manageable lower back pain, Shrooms I struggle to find any position I am sitting or laying down in comfortable and when I am up and about I just want to be relaxing. I am very much an 'acid man' over mushrooms but I would like to taken them more to get a better understanding of them.