• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Question on Hydrocodone dose

RuffSamurai

Bluelighter
A few days ago I took 20mg of Hydro. It was perfect. Yesterday, for whatever reason, I decided to take 30mg and it was way to much.
I felt so hot and sweaty and nauseous it basicallly ruined the whole thing.

So if I decided to take more hydro today, what would be a good recommended dose? Do you think my tolerance has risen sense a few days ago? Or do you think 20mg should do the trick again?

I think you will be okay to use 20 mg again. On an empty stomach, I get nauseated too so try eating a little beforehand to avoid this.

Ok. Cool. I was an idiot to think my tolerance rose so quickly after one use after being sober for 9 months. I learned my lesson that less is sometimes more, and it cost me some wasted time, pills and money.

But foreal I?ll stick with 20mg later.

Thanks for all your help again my man.

Last edited:
Calderone has a point, HOWEVER simply taking a first-gen antihistamine, like 25-50mg diphenhydramine, or better yet, if you have it, a similar dose of Promethazine or Hydroxyzine taken not long before hydro dose(15-40 minutes) will prevent opioid induced nausea, and you can take on an empty stomach stomach as to maximize peak plasma levels, and a faster onset/ Tmax;

Antihistamines are actually very effective antiemetics(well at least the “classical “ antihistamines, and SOME 2nd gen- should over 90% of the time will prevent/ eliminate, or at least reduce the nausea, though it is best to take beforehand, especially with say, Promethazine, which is actually a somewhat slow acting medication, especially in tablet form (most likely ) with Hydroxyzine, they could be taken at same time, and it is just the best antihistamine overall, mostly as it is not an anticholinergic(fewer side effects, BY FAR) and has mild anti-anxiety effects in some cases

Stick to 15-20mg for now, especially if using antihistamines to potieniate, like Promethazine-with say, <50mg diphenhydramine, or 4mg chlorpheniramine (Maleate) you should be fine though- Good Luck, and be safe