• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Question about Paxil and Rexulti

One thing I'll say is that I use psychedelics regularly, and have for a long time. They are part of who I am today, I love the effects they have in terms of keeping me connected to my inner child, and keeping a sense of perspective in life. They help me be a happier person and keep life fresh. However, that being said, they don't do a thing for my tics. Not that it bothers me. I don't have them too bad. However they have helped with some other obsessive behaviors (counting everything obsessively). Although I think it's partly age that has done that, it's hard to say as I started tripping at age 18, when I was still basically a kid.

One thing I'll say is that I use psychedelics regularly, and have for a long time. They are part of who I am today, I love the effects they have in terms of keeping me connected to my inner child, and keeping a sense of perspective in life. They help me be a happier person and keep life fresh. However, that being said, they don't do a thing for my tics. Not that it bothers me. I don't have them too bad. However they have helped with some other obsessive behaviors (counting everything obsessively). Although I think it's partly age that has done that, it's hard to say as I started tripping at age 18, when I was still basically a kid.

This may be a bit too personal, but do you do any 12-step recovery? (or you can PM me, either way). I do, and it's the only place I've heard Inner Child or the first place I should say. I fully agree that it's important to keep connected to our Inner Child for sure. Yeah, my tics were bad. I'd clear my throat to the point of it being raw and pop my neck to the point of it hurting. I already have neck issues, so I didn't need more lol. Rexulti helps give me peace on that front. I still really want to make this microdosing shrooms thing work though as I'm not completely satisfied with my antidepressant + antipsychotic regimen. Wonder if I should just do a macrodose?

No I don't, it's just my own language about it.

I do a thing where I snort and try to clear a mucous plug from my nasal cavity. But I actually do get a mucous plug, it's super annoying, it's a really hard bit of mucous that accumulates there. From time to time I get it cleared, but it's difficult. So I make a noise often, and everyone tells me it's a tic, and maybe it is, but it really annoys me having it there and when I clear it, it's such a relief. I also crack my neck, back and finger knuckles, I know that's a tic. Also I bite my nails quite a bit, which is the worst one because sometimes I hurt my fingertips.

You could try a macrodose. What is your dosage of the antipsychotic? Most likely with both an antidepressant and antipsychotic, psychedelics will be mostly all blocked, but if it's a very low dose of antipsychotic, maybe you'll still be able to.

That sounds rough too on your tics. Good on you for dealing with them man. My dosage is literally and unfortunately the max of Rexulti. 4 mg is my dose and that's the highest it goes. Sigh. Any hope? Lol.

Well I just looked it up and it seems like Rexulti has a much lower incidence of side effects than even Abilify. It is a second-gen antipsychotic which means it has a far improved effects profile than the first-gen ones. So, you're on a good one in terms of not totally altering your life with side effects. But, it will still probably block psychedelics. However, it's not going to hurt you to try to trip. You might give microdosing and macrodosing a try. And if it's just about tics, and you ant to get off anyway, then give that a shot, too. You can always get back on. However it might be difficult clearing that with your doctor. If you just talk to him, though, maybe it will be okay. It's your life, after all.

Well I just looked it up and it seems like Rexulti has a much lower incidence of side effects than even Abilify. It is a second-gen antipsychotic which means it has a far improved effects profile than the first-gen ones. So, you're on a good one in terms of not totally altering your life with side effects. But, it will still probably block psychedelics. However, it's not going to hurt you to try to trip. You might give microdosing and macrodosing a try. And if it's just about tics, and you ant to get off anyway, then give that a shot, too. You can always get back on. However it might be difficult clearing that with your doctor. If you just talk to him, though, maybe it will be okay. It's your life, after all.
This is true. Either way I'm going to try shrooms in a macro and microdosing form and see what happens. I'll also write my psychiatrist a letter before I see him next time to advocate on my behalf. We'll see how it goes. Worst he can say is no. Really appreciate all your knowledge and help.