• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Question about opium latex

Soul11

Bluelighter
every time when i see video usually documentary on Golden Triangle or Afghanistan i see farmers slice the pod of the poppy and let it bleed.

after when opium latex is dried and collected, why brown raw opium is cooked (just heated not with acetone or making morphine base, or is the raw material added and cooked always?) and what is the reason for it?

is it for evaporating process to make it less wet or trying to make it more versatile to carry or sell it as comes in texture form.

every time when i see video usually documentary on Golden Triangle or Afghanistan i see farmers slice the pod of the poppy and let it bleed.

after when opium latex is dried and collected, why brown raw opium is cooked (just heated not with acetone or making morphine base, or is the raw material added and cooked always?) and what is the reason for it?

is it for evaporating process to make it less wet or trying to make it more versatile to carry or sell it as comes in texture form.

Not really sure of the question here, but the opium latex exuded from the pods has a high percentage of water and plant matter included. This has to be processed to product smokable opium by heating in water, filtering to remove the plant matter and then drying to make a smokable product.

Not really sure of the question here, but the opium latex exuded from the pods has a high percentage of water and plant matter included. This has to be processed to product smokable opium by heating in water, filtering to remove the plant matter and then drying to make a smokable product.
if it is heated to remove plant matter and water percentage, wouldn't it burn many of the alkaloid contents in it?

With experience with both method's, the latex and the whole pod. They do produce latex after incisions but its so little and the Pod's work fine by them selves.

For personal use I would go for the pod without the seed's (you can shake them out), you can alway's use em for next year. Or for a quick wash.

if it is heated to remove plant matter and water percentage, wouldn't it burn many of the alkaloid contents in it?
No. Those alkaloids are not like ethanol, they don't evaporate when heated. You have to add some water of course otherwise you'd just incinerate it. Xd
I boil and filter my home-produced stuff 3 x to refine the raw latex into chandu (smokeable opium) and it's plenty potent.