• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

"Q-Ball"...wtf?

I'm thinking that the seroquel might actually potentate the cokes dopamine effects.

Hear me out...Since shutting dopamine out will decrease stimulation in these receptors leading to up-regulation. Then when you inject the cocaine more dopamine is apparent.

But, why together? That is the ultimate question for me...

I'm thinking that the seroquel might actually potentate the cokes dopamine effects.

Hear me out...Since shutting dopamine out will decrease stimulation in these receptors leading to up-regulation. Then when you inject the cocaine more dopamine is apparent.

But, why together? That is the ultimate question for me...

thats actually a good theory, but seroquel blocks dopamine significantly only in large doses where the other effects would be overly unpleasant. compared to other antipsychotics, seroquel is rather weak at affecting dopamine(but if your theory is correct you wouldn't want "too much" DAT block as that would block the effects of cocaine, so seroquel would work best if your theory is correct).

*also i looked back on this thread and found a quote of a man who said he did this for seroquel's "trippy" effects. when i did it i didn't find it trippy at all, just a quick coke rush and the seroquel put me out.

thats actually a good theory, but seroquel blocks dopamine significantly only in large doses where the other effects would be overly unpleasant. compared to other antipsychotics, seroquel is rather weak at affecting dopamine(but if your theory is correct you wouldn't want "too much" DAT block as that would block the effects of cocaine, so seroquel would work best if your theory is correct).

*also i looked back on this thread and found a quote of a man who said he did this for seroquel's "trippy" effects. when i did it i didn't find it trippy at all, just a quick coke rush and the seroquel put me out.

Yeah, but I'm still perplexed as why are these so radically opposite drugs are combined?

Blocking, releasing and inhibiting re-uptake of dopamine at the same time?

I dont get the use of seroquel AT ALL. Any time I used it...it made me feel like SHIIIIT. I would feel ultra sore, couldnt concentrate, just plain fucked up...and in the end I would pass the fuck out for about 18 hrs. Waking up and feeling like I havent slept a wink.

I just dont get it.

Why would someone use it for cocaine comedown?

I don't either, why people use a anti-psychotic for insomnia is beyond me. If my insomnia got so bad that seroquel was my last alternative, I would choose a toaster in the bathtub instead.

Also why would you shoot seroquel? I could see shooting coke and taking seroquel orally but what is the point of IVing seroquel? What are were you expecting to accomplish?