Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Pure DXM (Dextrometorphan)

Moozy Mathers

Greenlighter
Hi fellas,

I started to thinking, how to extract pure Dextromethorphan from the content, from cough (Syrup / Tablet).
Is it possible to? I've heard about many extractions, but I don't know about these one, especially the Syrup thing. Please, provide some experienced help to my following questions. Thanks in advance!

1. Can only Dextromethorphan get you high, without any other components mixed on it? Isn't it be more healthier and make you eve more higher?
2. If so, how much DXM is recommended for the guy who's already have a high tolerance to it, but didn't used it like 2 years already.

P.S. I was a daily user of (Muggituse), aka, bn (Dextromethorphan), for 2 years. So, as I said, I took a 2 years of break from it, so if I able to extract pure DXM, should I O.D. it, like before?

Yes, taking pure Dextromethorphan is definitely preferable to chugging cough syrup. As for home extraction, some syrups like the brand Delsym have a time release from of Dextromethorphan (DXM Polistirex vs the normal DXM HBr) that is relatively easy to separate out of the syrup. IIRC you basically just dilute it with a lot of water, shake it up, and let all the DXM polistirex settle to the bottom. you should be able to find detailed instructions if you search for Delsym extraction. Its been a while, but I did it once in my dorm room years ago. The DXM polistirex is a little less potent, comes on slower, and lasts longer than the HBr.

If you can find a source though for just pure powdered DXM HBr that is the way to go IMO. Of course you should have an accurate scale for weighing out your doses. And since you have taken a long break you should definitely start with low dose to gauge how sensitive you currently are to it.

Wrong section mate. This is Performance Enhancing Drugs (think 'steroids').

This thread belongs in Psychedelic Drugs - I've reported it, so hopefully a PED moderator shoves it on over shortly :)

1. Can only Dextromethorphan get you high, without any other components mixed on it? Isn't it be more healthier and make you eve more higher?
2. If so, how much DXM is recommended for the guy who's already have a high tolerance to it, but didn't used it like 2 years already.
?

1. Yeah DXM by itself can send you to the moon and back. It's a lot nicer when you don't have the syrup gurgles.
2. My tolerance drops after a couple years off, but not that much, still need more than most and not all of the positive effects are present anymore.

How far do you like to take it? 3rd plateau? Just ball parking but I'd say take about 3/4 of your last dose and see how you do.
DXM is a terrible thing to take every day, week, or even month esp if you like high doses.

Yes, taking pure Dextromethorphan is definitely preferable to chugging cough syrup. As for home extraction, some syrups like the brand Delsym have a time release from of Dextromethorphan (DXM Polistirex vs the normal DXM HBr) that is relatively easy to separate out of the syrup. IIRC you basically just dilute it with a lot of water, shake it up, and let all the DXM polistirex settle to the bottom. you should be able to find detailed instructions if you search for Delsym extraction. Its been a while, but I did it once in my dorm room years ago. The DXM polistirex is a little less potent, comes on slower, and lasts longer than the HBr.

If you can find a source though for just pure powdered DXM HBr that is the way to go IMO. Of course you should have an accurate scale for weighing out your doses. And since you have taken a long break you should definitely start with low dose to gauge how sensitive you currently are to it.

Thank you! One more question. Is it possible to lost some DXM while extraction?

Thank you! One more question. Is it possible to lost some DXM while extraction?

Yes, any time you extract or even just handle any drug its possible to lose some. Its likely that you'll lose a small amount when doing a crude extraction like that but you should be able to get the majority of it if you do it right.