Punky .......... (a very stoned Ashke tells a story)

good call petersko. I had forgotten about it. Whitney just takes yer breath away with her writing...heck I still remember her trials with Battle Arena Toshinden...

Awww...much luv to Ashke
smile.gif

MWA~~Miss you girlie!!!
Email [email protected]
------------------
AIM:erratica21
Pimp-o-tron Industries~~~
Ask about our low rates on high class bitches:)
~*Founding member of the Official Pimpettes*~
Beer guzzlin, blunt smokin, booty shakin, kandi-kid rapin, 100% jaded biatch!

You guys are wack..
It's funny, a moderator will post a story, or even a popular bluelighter will post a stupid off topic post and they get 80 replies.
I post something that I think is interesting or helpful and get a few replies sometimes none at all.
Quit Jockin!
aka
Quit sweating moderators nutz!
Legacy

legacytuning - I'd advise you to have a look at the original date of the post - almost a year ago. If I recall, Ashke was NOT a moderator at the time. I happened to bookmark that thread because it was a very powerful piece of work, and has definite value.
At the time, Bluelight had a much lighter load, and things were pretty lax - Social and Discussion had a lot of off-topic stuff, but because there was lower volume, it was tolerated for the most part.
If you don't find value in the post, move on. But remember - the reason why people like ashke are remembered and respected is because they contributed for a long period of time. They prove themselves to be worth listening to.
Keep at it, and people will listen to you. But whining about how you don't get no respect isn't gonna get you remembered - at least not in a good way.

Honestly I don't even post anymore.
You are right about the date of the email, but as far as what I said about moderators and popular Bl's getting more replies it is true... very true.
I am not whining, I am stating my opinion which a lot of people do on here, I don't see harm in it.
I don't come on bluelight to make friends, I have no interest in meeting people on here. I come to Bluelight to educate myself and others based on my knowledge and experiences. It just frustrates me how a moderator or popular Bl'ers post a rediculous post on shit, or butt fucking, Taco Bell, burping, farting, and personal stuff and I barely get a reply on here.
Basically I am keeping my mouth shut and not posting here anymore. I am sure this post about me whining will upset the 3 bluelighters who do usually answer my posts.
So I will stop wasting my time trying to help
Legacy

What a beautiful story. I was intrigued throughout the entire story. You definitely have a way with words. Thank you so much for sharing. I am glad this post made it's way back to the top again. It deserves to be at the top.
Coreo

Damn, this sucker has been resurrected a few times hasn't it? But me being a greenlighter, I must add my 2 cents.
Only on this site can something so profound be read time and time again by dozens of people over this great nation(and a few others) have such an affect.
Usually I am the one writing pieces like that but yours outdoes any that I have previously written anywhere.
After a year now I wonder what has become of her and become of you...Ashke? Amazing how sometimes we meet people that affect each other so intensly.

Ashke, I really don't know what to say, besides what everyone else has said..But I really wouldn't feel right without atleast saying thank you, I really appreciated that post. I had something like that happen to me somewhat...The person I looked up to as a father/older brother/some sort of male figure, who I loved a lot, I mean really loved this guy, he was taken away because of crack addiction. I really try not to think about it because I don't want to deal with it...last time I heard about him, he tried to rob some guy at the atm and is now on jail..

I loved reading this when it was first posted and I still love reading it now!
Miss you Ashke :) , where are you these days?

Holy shit! I was thinking about this thread the other day! Shit, time to read it again... i love this story...

My first time to read it, and it's written so well that it brings back memories of my childhood friends who gave in to their addiction and let it consume them. Now, one of them (who was like a brother to me) has been dead for 4 years, and the other I haven't seen in 5 years... ever since that day I kicked him out of my parent's house, where he had been staying and stealing from them.
And though these memories hurt, they serve as markers on my road of life, signposts which warn me against things better left untouched. Thank you for sharing that with me - it's something I'm not likely to ever forget.

That was amazing. My first time reading it, being new and all... I'm so glad you brought it back up. Wonderful.

that was a beautiful story, thank you for telling it. it brings back a bit of probly all of our pasts and present, and maybe some futures too. again thank you
Gratefulripple

Just read this post for the first time and I must say - BEAUUUUUTIFUL!
Thank you for showing me a piece of your world and a part of youself as well.
muuuch love to Ashke

Wow, Ashke, now you’re guilty for my own addiction – addiction to this site. Being new here, I mainly viewed BlueLight as a source of research related information (harm-reduction site), not as a human connection site. Boy was I wrong. Anyway, what you wrote has nothing to do with my own memories, I don’t know anyone who is even remotely like the person you’ve described, nor would I ever embark on a quixotic effort of saving them. Until now, that is. Your story has become a little part of me, and all other readers probably, and now I do know a person you’ve described, and would probably be just as enthralled by them as you were. Thank you for this, and for opening a new part of BlueLight for me (should be a required reading for all greenlighters :) Love to all...
~Edward

I can't really put in words, the way ur story made me feel. Been there, done that. I wont go into my own story too much cause it'd feel out of place in your thread. Its enought to know that I spent many years as a full-time raver, broke and parentless and I loved the way you really understood what its all about. So many just see one big party where everyone is friends. Most dont want to see, the fear, uncertianty and utter dependence on others. I myself got out of it in the nick of time, having sold drugs myself and having been wasted for years with virtually no break. Getting out was almost impossible... I only made my escape with the help of my family, and we all payed a lot. My family in emotional stress a cash. I myself found myself 20000km away from home in australia. All alone...
It breaks my heart to think of those who stayed behind. Few made it out, many died which hurts a lot, but it is those who stayed in the scene and still live who I feel sorry for the most, for they are nothing but a mirror image of themselves and the way they used to be. They are now those "bums" we used to avoid, who started just like us, but after years and years on the street, they'd eat shit if it'd make them hi.
Thanx Ashke for really telling the story of so many beautyful people, who will never be able to tell their story themselves. I tried many times, but I could never find the words and now I find you found them for me.