Punky .......... (a very stoned Ashke tells a story)

If she was just hurting herself then I would not have been so stricken. But selling bunk, potentially dangerous pills to the very kids who used to trust her?
I had a right to admire her when she deserved it. I had a right to be let down. And I stand by that.
~*~ Ashke ~*~

So... I look back over that post again and, hmm. You're saying I should have gone after her, tried to save her somehow?
Well, if you really want the truth, someone told me before I left ohio that she was actually cleaning up. I don't know if that's true, and I'll probably never see her again since I live in California now. But that's beside the point, right?
Because your point is I should have done more then. (Then being months and months ago, as this is an old post bumped up from the past -- thank you, Petersko
smile.gif
) I guess all I can say to that is I might have... but I am damaged goods in the saving junkies department I think. I mean, I HAVE stepped up to the plate with people much closer to me, and been burned very badly. Heh, I could spin you a tale from THAT little life chapter, but I think it'd be somewhat painful to read... and tell. So, I dunno. I dunno if the rumor I heard was true or if it will be lasting or whatever... But I forgive myself for not having taken up this cause.
~*~ Ashke ~*~

Ashke I am so pleased that you wrote that story and opened your heart. I feel honoured that I was able to read it, and given permission to understand how you were feeling.
I find it sad when I think of friends who I did know, but who are now lost to me. When I say lost it means that I will probably never see them again or they have just slipped out of my life.
But instead of being sad and nostalgic, I try to take a different view point. I figure that they are not gone since I keep a part of them alive in me. From what they taught me and the time we spent together. Laughing, learning and stuff.
It is a sad part of life that people often pass by each other and drift away. Rather than being able to be held onto tightly. But people change and shift. To stop someone growing and following where they are going, just isn't how things work.
The Punky you knew and loved so much, has slipped away from you. But you still have her feirce life and spirit in you. So you can take some solace in the fact that she is still around. Even only in reflection and fond memories held close to your heart.
I am sorry I don't have your gift for writing, but I am sure you get what I am getting at.
I to have admired strength in other, confidence and presence. Always knowing what to say and the right thing to do. To find strength you have to get to know yourself really well and love who you are. But I don't need to tell you this, you seem very strong. Soemtimes other falling steels us to climb higher.
*hugs*
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by wikings (edited 23 October 2000).]

i was searching things and i found this beautiful story that deserves a bump...hopefully more will read it and those who have read it will do so again....
thank you ashke for the eyeopener stated so eloquently and from the heart...

i was searching things and i found this beautiful story that deserves a bump...hopefully more will read it and those who have read it will do so again....

Ashke~~~~YOU are a literary genius. Reading your stories helps me escape the sheltered little life i have sitting behind this computer. I admire you from afar. THANX!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
lifEispEachy

wow, deja vu.
you might not believe it but just a few days ago i was thinking about this story, and now here it is bumped up again. i was browsing the New to XTC forum because i hadn't been there in ages and i noticed you were no longer a mod there. then i thought about your story and wondered what happened to you.
i remember reading it months ago, when i used to soak up every single post like a sponge.
i used to read all of these posts by you, and one day i heard an accqaintance of mine knew you, met you, or whatever and i was like "wow! you know ashke?"...like you were some bluelight superhero that saved all the little newbie e-tards from killing themselves.
smile.gif

now, i'm in and out of bluelight, each time out for just a bit longer as i contemplate "ruining" my soberiety to chemical indulgence.
when i first registered on bluelight, a few months before my first roll, it was bluelight who taught me the "truth" about ecstasy. little did i know that the absolute truth can only be experienced to be truly understood, no matter how much an internet community attempts to prepare and educate you.
------------------
ECSTASY-The uderstatement of a lifetime

Damn I miss Ashke...not that I ever *knew* her....my first post was a question in her "Bullshit myth about Heroin" thread....and this thread started a few days before I joined BL.

Ashke, your writing skills are incredible, I'm almost
intimidated to write a reply post.
Indirectly I have had similar aquaintances that have
brought similar thoughts.
I started raving not long after beginning university.
I'm one of those middle class, does it for kicks, never
faced real adversity type people. Needless to say, it's
easy for me to take things for granted.
Hooking up one night in Ottawa I made aquaintances with an
independant dealer [Hells has run Ottawa for a while, but it's
not that lucrative of a market], either way, I made friends
asked a lot about how things were 'run', got the low down
on the town. It ended up the start of a good friendship and
introduction into the scene here [I was a co-op at the time,
in a foreign city]. I was on a few toronto pick-up runs
and met his dealer. As far as I can tell she ran around
10,000 rolls a week through the city, but as with everything
with her who knows the real numbers. Her and her boyfriend
carried pocket pistols into every party, that was a bit
intimidating. I had a few chances to sit and one-on-one a
talk here and there. She got into the scene in miami
when she was 14, when her dealer boyfriend and 'only real
love' died of a heroin overdose one night. She packed up
and came to ontario, borrowed $300 off someone, took it to
start off, and after a number of bad hook-ups, jackings and
so on eventually got herself settled in with a good customer
base. I found out indirectly she was still addicted to
heroin, the methadone just didn't quite cut it for her.
She was tough. Small, boyish look, didn't take shit from
anyone. Being from a different type of world, I found it
frustrating trying to have a 'real' conversation with her.
Just layer after layer of defences. She would run weeks
without sleep, who needs sleep when you have meth. Her
mother and father only came around when it was time to
borrow money, that was pretty sad. She wanted out, but she
knew no other life. After dealing for that long, cross
addicted to a number of chemicals, used to constant stress,
not trusting anyone, no belief in the world around her,
no skills to get anything but a menial job, of which would
pay her so little the 'I can make my weeks wages at this
jo job in 30 minutes dealing" thought would constantly pop
into her head as she flipped burgers while being yelled at
by some jerk manager at some mickydees. She told me she
just wanted to go back to school, start a real life, but
at 24 or 25 whatever her age now, I don't know how that
would happen. She got snagged, locked in a trap by an
investigative team in toronto, she was pursuaded to hook
up an undercover with a large lot [2000 ?? I think]. She
went to jail, and rumor is she is out now. I have not seen
her or heard from her, and that's fine. I hope she is safe,
holding clean from her addictions and that jail time was a big
enough scare, but seriously, now what chances does she have.
1. Criminal record
2. Probably fighting the heroin addiction still
3. Father is in UK, useless to her anyhow
4. Mother is in UK too somewhere
5. No skills
6. Not a canadian citizen
7. Possible boyfriend turned her in since he was up on
firearms charges, probably more [plea of some sort]
8. It's possible her boyfriend started a rumor that
she narked on some triads to get a shorter sentence
so I dunno if she is safe anywhere now
9. The dealer she hooked the undercover up with probably
wants her dead
10. She doesn't trust anyone after her lifes events
Man, I have it easy...
I don't know if all my facts are exact here, my memory
sucks as far as picking conversational details, but
the jist is there in all I have written.
The fun part is that I still roll and injest meth here
and there. With my life, life is good, drugs are the
entertainment [still dangerous, still illegal] I believe
I could quit, and will quit when ready, [when it's time
to have a kid, I'm responsible when there is someone
else at risk], but the replacement of fun times on chems
won't be that hard to replace with the other joys in life
for me. Now as far as figuring out what I would say to
her to draw a line from where she is to being elsewhere,
I wouldn't have a clue. As for my associate here in
Ottawa, he has just had a scare recently too, but he is
still soft edged, still young, I'm sure he has a chance, as
long as I am in his life I will keep trying to offer
suggestions.
Anyhow, just thought I'd share,
nowhere near as eloquent as you Ashke,
your writing is so heartfelt you could work
for halmark writing the inside of cards
wink.gif

Cheers from the capital.

Never responded before, Ashke...but this post still affects me with the content, emotion, and use of the language. Beautiful, alive, powerful, overwhelming truth...but I never expected any less from you.
And I'm so glad to know you're still alive. Come back, visit, and "sit a spell" from time to time, okay sweetheart? I know we can only properly post when the wind blows just right in our soul, but you have such a beautiful soul and there are many people here who could only benefit from your presence. Much love to you, m'dear. Take care of yourself, okay?
smile.gif