• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Puking When Coming Up

every single drug i've ever tried has made me puke one time or another.

e is one of the top causes, and i almost ALWAYS puke when coming up. there have only actually been a handfull of times where i haven't thrown up.
now that i'm not as new to the experience, it doesn't happen so readily and it's usually from damn good pills. :)

and i do get motion sickness AND migraines... could possibly be related but i've never thought about it before. hmm

synaestasia420 said:
I've taken 5 110mg mollies and snorted 4 more mollies (well with 3 other people) all in a matter of about 5 hours and didn't have a single problem... well with puking at least. But that could've been because it was pure MDMA and not methed up or something.

people have different tolerance of the different chemicals
what could be an overdose for me could do little to you and viceversa

erowid.org says:

Every individual reacts differently to every chemical.
Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source

i've only spewed once or twice, and everytime i can remember feeling kinda ill, calmly telling my mates i was gonna go to the toilet as i'm not feeling crash hot. on my return they have always asked me if i'm feeling alright - i beam em a big smile and the look on their faces says "haha stupid question!" i've known many other rollers who can testify that an "eccy spew" will set you rolling hard as soon as you've yacked...
my 2c:)
-=DLouD247=D-

lol

I have never puked from e but lots of my friends do and they say they roll even harder then

yea i get that nauseous feeling now and again. it helps to drink a pleasant flavoured drink, ie a drink you enjoy the taste of, such as coke, or orange juice for example. water doesn't really do it for me as it kinda swashes that nauseous feeling around my mouth and eventually makes me even more nauseous.

Too funny... I always puke from good pills...I mean its like a joke to those around me.And if I don't on the 1st...I WILL puke for pill #2!! It lasts a sec and then I feel great..weird

J

heidibear said:
i've THOUGHT i was going to puke a couple of times, but i never actually have. i know people that throw up EVERYTIME they come up, and they say it blows them up lol. i think i would HATE it.

Haha... Yeah, that's what I thought - until one time when I couldn't help but puke. The interesting thing is, you are starting to feel so good that it doesn't come across as a rough thing, like puking normally would. Trust me - I think puking has to be one of the worst experiences there is. :p But when you finally do, it's sort of like taking a shit... it feels soooooo good! 8o All of the nausia goes away soon after (it does regardless of whether you puke or not, actually), and you're like "Wow! I am SO fucking GLAD I PUKED!! This is AWESOME!!" lol

Yep, you KNOW it's a seriously strong pill if you feel nausiated on the come up (assuming it's MDMA). Nausia has preceeded some of the best rolls I've ever had. Those white Rolls Royces that were around the Vegas Valley back in '01 were that way - holy SHIZA!

ok... done rambling. heehee - sorry, just gettin' all excited thinkin back to those times. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :D

Last edited:
Hahaha

destin-E said:
haha thats funny.... last weekend i was rolling with ome buddies, and ive never been on to puke on e... but this little girl i knew didnt feel good, i tried comforting her but she yacked. i stopped midsentaneced and walked away hahah. i was feeling to good to see that.

Now THAT is fucking FUNNY !!! Hahahahaha :D

synaestasia420 said:
I've taken 5 110mg mollies and snorted 4 more mollies (well with 3 other people) all in a matter of about 5 hours and didn't have a single problem... well with puking at least. But that could've been because it was pure MDMA and not methed up or something.

No, it wasn't because it was pure MDMA... more likely was pure baking soda. lol... ingesting over 600mg of pure MDMA would likely have been the end of your MDMA using days.

http://www.mdma.net/index.html#mdmatox

lol... people are too funny sometimes :D

Last edited:
^lol. i do feel that way sometimes but it usually goes away by drinking a pleasantly flavoured drink, ie one that you enjoy such as coke or orange juice or whatever. water doesnt really do it as it kinda swashes the nauseousness(sp?) around and

rocknrollller said:
No, it wasn't because it was pure MDMA... more likely was pure baking soda. lol... ingesting over 600mg of pure MDMA would likely have been the end of your MDMA using days.

http://www.mdma.net/index.html#mdmatox

lol... people are too funny sometimes :D

I know it sounds like a giant lie to make me sound like some experienced "super cool" roller but honestly internet popularity means nothing to me, and I know saying something like this would only give people negative views of me.. but I'm serious as fuck, me and my friend picked up on an eighth of pure mdma, used my 10th of a gram scale which was originally used for weed (I know it's not a good idea to use it and yeah some were more and some were less, but it averaged out fine), anyways, I started out with 1, 30min later I took another one, another 30min later I took another one, then I was out of my mind at that time and took 2 more at the same time. About an hour after that we were all realllllyyy fucked and my one friend easily convinced my "partner" to "bust open" a pill to snort, one pill led to 2, 2 led to 3, and eventually ended at 4, this was all split between like 4 or 5 people. I can go on about this story and how I felt the next day and how I rolled 3 or 4 (not sure really) more days in a row after that (and actually didn't feel shit the 3rd day, but the 4th day we took "bombs" [the pill caps were nearly full with mdma] and rolled complete balls). Like I said, I can go into detail about the "zapping" effect I heard inside my head when I woke up the next day and all these other feelings, but I'm just typing this to tell you that I'm not shitting you. Also, what about these other fools who take like 8+ pills when they roll? They're still here to talk about it.

And about the baking soda, I know for a FACT it wasn't, it was honestly 99.9% MDMA, I don't want to act like I know sources and shit because I really don't want any attention on me on this forum, so I'm just going to say that I just know it was pure, despite telling from it's physical attributes.

Last edited:
Reason

You get sick from mdma because it suddenly floods the synapse with serotonin, working in reverse from the way your brain normally works. It kicks the reuptake transporters into reverse, whereas SSRIs like zoloft just stop them from binding to serotonin so it cant be removed.

Serotonin happens to affect whats called the chemoreceptor trigger zone, which is directly involved in emesis (vomiting) and nausea. Antiemetic drugs specifically BLOCK serotonins access to these receptors.

By the time MDMA is able to make you throw up, its no longer suceptable to removal by vomiting, its just unpleasant.

There are a ton of drugs that can block that effect specifically but you wouldnt like the feeling, and youd be kicking yourself in the ass as well. Pot may be the exception, i have never noticed any problem, though it doesnt always prevent it either.

Why walk through a door if your going to tell someone else to stand in front of it, same principal.

TheTripDoctor,
Recreational Pharmacist

AIM: Mrsteveman1

Last edited:
mrsteveman1 said:
You get sick from mdma because it suddenly floods the synapse with serotonin, working in reverse from the way your brain normally works. It kicks the reuptake transporters into reverse, whereas SSRIs like zoloft just stop them from binding to serotonin so it cant be removed.

Serotonin happens to affect whats called the chemoreceptor trigger zone, which is directly involved in emesis (vomiting) and nausea. Antiemetic drugs specifically BLOCK serotonins access to these receptors.

By the time MDMA is able to make you throw up, its no longer suceptable to removal by vomiting, its just unpleasant.

There are a ton of drugs that can block that effect specifically but you wouldnt like the feeling, and youd be kicking yourself in the ass as well. Pot may be the exception, i have never noticed any problem, though it doesnt always prevent it either.

Why walk through a door if your going to tell someone else to stand in front of it, same principal.

Nice response. Any main reason why this happens to only some people and not all? Or just luck?

I feel like puking every time :(
I've never gone further than a bit reaching my mouth then swallowing back down.

It made me sick as well

I know about mdma making you sick because it used to make me sick every time. Now, i had SERIOUS stomache problems before i ever knew what MDMA was, so i always thought that it was because i got sick a lot anyway, and that mdma just made it worse.

But i have a feeling that some people are just more sensitive to serotonin stimulation. Just like some people get anxiety for no reason. Sometimes its psychological, you expect to get sick and then you do. Others its purely chemical in nature, MDMA affects the parts of the brain that are actually intended to make you sick for various reasons, poisoning, foreign chemicals (toxic ones).

Somewhat ironically, those receptors play a part in Serotonin Syndrome, which is excess serotonin activity, usually caused by serotonin itself because of MAOI use (blocking its removal from the brain) for which the brain automatically tries to expell any foreign material from the digestive system, and that includes more than just the stomache....

If you throw up enough times, what comes up is from further and further down your digestive system. Its a safety reaction to poisoning etc. If you were actually poisoned by say, XXXX (call it that even though its MDMA), and you didnt know it, and it wasnt a desired reaction, your body would see it and assume it was toxic (by definition its not in that respect) and try to get rid of it, first by metabolism (thats what most metabolism is actually for) , then by vomiting.

I heard that plugging helps reduce nausea, but since it is more intense, it might...? I don't know. You think plugging half and dropping half is a good idea?

My stomach gets real bitchy when I drop, the first time I puked when I was rolling I recall being so hungry, but ignorant to the fact of how picky my stomach was when I was peaking, I had a box of those little chocolate donuts and I just had to have one! So I grab one, and start to put it in my mouth and the SECOND my tounge touched the chocolate I exploded a stream of vomit. :p

So, the lesson I learned was to eat a few hours before hand and make sure to drop the pill with a glass of milk so that I dont get any taste of the pill in my mouth.

for some reason for awhile i used to have this problem, even tho for over a year i didn't -- not actual puking but almost, like i was about to. but then it stopped recently which is weird o_O