• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Psychoactive Honeys, Info and Bioassays

Thanks for the report. I just received my kaempferol and may try it today. Do you have any idea what amount of kaempferol you're taking? Or not, since it's in honey?

Thanks for the report. I just received my kaempferol and may try it today. Do you have any idea what amount of kaempferol you're taking? Or not, since it's in honey?

No problem! Hopefully it’s potential MAOI action doesn’t get too in the way for ya to use it properly. Mine is probably in by now too but gotta wait til I get to it.

The thing is the Kaempferol in the extracts online from what I see (unless you found one different) are still in their glycoside form compared to the aglycone (free form) of the flavonoid found in Honey. So the dosages are likely wildly different, as the glycoside forms are very poorly bioavailable in comparison. With the free form I seem to be feeling effects in microgram dosages, and rats had significant analgesia from as low as 10ug if I remember right. Kaempferol seems weird in that I get the impression it may be very potent but maxes out at a certain level of b-endorphin release and tapers off in increase of potency relative to dosage increase.

I’d personally start with 50-100mg but of course don’t be disappointed if you need more. It seems 500mg is a suggested dose from my reading. Very curious to hear your results and appreciate you taking the time to experiment with me :)

-GC

Last edited:
The package says to take 400mg (200mg of kaempferol) 3 times a day. I will probably start with one 200mg dose.

Experience #3 last night with the Melipona Honey. This stuff is weird and hopefully someone can help me figure it out.

Me and my wife dosed 1/4tsp. This time the visual effects were very pronounced along with the usual laughy/tired feel. In the beginning I could hardly see straight. There was a light on to the left of the TV that became too bright for me despite it being a low light, yet lights on to the right of me had less effect..

I realized when I headed for bed why this was.. I was experiencing very strong Anisocoria. One of my pupils was large like I was tripping, the other very small like I had dosed some opiates. My wife then freaked me out a bit by reminding of how this could be a sign of an aneurysm, despite having had this from drugs before it still got me anxious. (Just never so pronounced before..)

I had a very slight headache and this weird sensation that my brain was somehow running on two different wavelengths. Each side felt different in a strange way that scared me.

Looking back my mind was altered in a way as the anxiety was stronger than normal. The experience last night had more of a psychedelic feel in that it wasn’t all roses, it seems as the dose increases the effects become more serious for me.

What’s even weirder is my wife seems to feel very little on this honey in comparison. She does tend to need higher doses of certain drugs (particularly psychedelics) but this is a huge variation, all she felt last night was the sedating aspect of it. The only other drug we vary this much with is Mescaline which I believe may be enzyme related.

I think I’m done with pushing the dosage and may be done with that honey until I know more. Now I know what was causing my vision issues I believe this drug has been reliably inducing strong Anisocoria. What that implies, I haven’t a clue… Scares me though.

On the plus side, I feel distinctly positive today, similar to the afterglow of NMDA antagonists. I know Longistyline C acts on NMDA pathways, this may be what I’m feeling this morning. I’m also prone to anxiety on them at higher doses, similar to how I felt last night. Not sure I’ve seen them reliably induce Anisocoria like this though..

Edit- Still very much feel the effects this morning once I’m getting going, stuff seems to linger. I’m almost wondering if these longer effects are a separate substance compared to the initial effects. Whatever this is, damn sure isn’t placebo.

Edit #2- Ya I think this is an NMDA antagonist. Now that I’m down I’m feeling that typical almost manic afterglow that accompanies these drugs for me. My wife seems to be in a better than average mood too. Still can’t help but wonder what causes such weird effects at the onset though..

-GC

Last edited:
Wow, sounds like a powerful effect. I'd be pretty sketched out by one pupil being dilated and the other not, too, I think.

Yea I’ve had it before but this was so pronounced it looked scary, the left looked liked I’d done heroin and the right maybe some light dose of psychedelic. The vision got so bad I couldn’t hardly see the TV for a good 30min, very blurred and distorted.

Thankfully today I’m no worse for wear but if this is an NMDA antagonist I can see it’s parallel to K for me. I only like very low doses, if I take the doses too high for me personally (very low for most) I get dysphoric. I don’t respond to them like most, and use them mainly for long term antidepressant effects afterwards.

Definitely would caution anyone curious to try Melipona Honey of this nature (not all Melipona honey is the same), this side effect seems possibly worrisome.

-GC

Another update:

So I’ve been a bit perplexed by the potency of the Rosemary Honey since Day 1. By all accounts the content of Kaempferol, even in its aglycone form, shouldn’t be causing such effects at doses as little as a teaspoon of honey.

Today I found the possible reason why…

“8-Methoxy-kaempferol was the main compound in rosemary honey samples.”

I then hunted for what exactly 8-methoxy-KF does, and as of 2017 the article I found claims no data is available on this flavonoid. Other places claim it to be a rare unknown flavonoid.

It’s obvious to me now this 8-methoxy-KF is the likely culprit with regular KF probably contributing less so to the b-endorphin release. Now to BL’s pharmacologically knowledgeable members, how would the 8-methoxy group effect this flavonoid?

Kaempferide, 4-methoxy-kaempferol, is said to have kaempferol as one of its metabolites. I wonder if this is like an increased bioavailability pro-drug type situation?

Edit- It seems while there isn’t data on the opioid activity, in every other category Kaempferide is one of the most effective flavonoids when tested against many others for a variety of ailments. I could see the 8-methoxy substitution possibly outperforming Kaempferide (the 4-methoxy). And since there’s a dose dependent correlation between the various benefits of these flavonoids I’m going to extrapolate that these methoxy substituted flavonoids may be stronger than the non-subbed counterpart.

One other interesting note, 3,5,7 flavonoids such as Kaempferol seem to be the most effective. Galangin is another which may show pharmacological promise.

Edit 2- And here’s the money shot..

An article claiming methoxylated flavonoids are more potent, and how to create them.

Another claiming increased bioavailability, stability and absorption.

I appreciate you all coming along on this ride of research with me :) You are learning alongside me as I go..

——Rosemary Honey is potent due to its 8-methoxylated Kaempferol which is not only more potent due to it being de-glycosided and in honey form, but also this methoxylated substitute greatly increases BA.——

“It is suggested that O-methylated flavonoids have shown a stronger anticancer potential than their hydroxylated forms due to be higher metabolic stability and increased membrane transport in the intestine and liver, which result in exhibiting a superior oral bioavailability.”

“With regard to oral bioavailability, most unmethylated polyphenols studied in the past, e.g., quercetin, kaempferol, diosmetin, curcumin and resveratrol, would not be expected to reach internal organs, i.e. beyond sites along the gastrointestinal tract.

The orally bioavailable methoxyflavones have considerably greater potential to reach target tissues to exert biological effects in vivo.”

Edit 3- Below is an article showing Kaempferide (4-methoxy) has much better binding to proteins which carry exogenous substances through the body. Essentially from my view, better BA. They claim with the two flavonoids they compared (Kaempferol and Kaempferide being “one”) there was a 2-16 better binding with the methoxylated flavonoids.

-GC

Last edited:
Added a new entry in OP for Sidr Honey and Wound Care w/ Honey, I’ll be doing more than 3 honeys at this point as well.

Should also add my experimentation with Rosemary Honey is proving to show it works fairly reliably in most individuals, only those with current opiate addictions to exogenous pharmaceuticals don’t seem to respond..

-GC

I think I found the reason honey increases potency of other drugs, besides the flavonoids found in honey like Rosemary being potential MOAI’s they also inhibit OATP1A2 and OATP2B1.

These are uptake transporting polypeptides which seem to have an effect on drug metabolism and efficacy. It’d be interesting to try these honeys with other drugs. I plan on testing Rosemary with oral THC soon.

-GC

Got some new Melipona honey in without pollen this time, and different year of collection. I figured after more research that the pollen still has too much unprocessed glycosides, whereas the pure honey is completely processed by the bees.

Will experiment soon.

On different news, I made edibles with canna butter, Rosemary honey (3/4tsp per dose), Sidr Honey (1/40th tbsp per dose) and Melipona honey/pollen (1/40th of 1/2tsp, a tiny dab). Many people reported psychoactive effects that were inconsistent with normal edibles, a couple people got nauseous in the beginning. All seemed to enjoy despite initial rough effects for a few. It almost seemed as if the Melipona was intensified, possibly due to the food matrix and additional Rosemary and Sidr honey.

-GC

Got some new Melipona honey in without pollen this time, and different year of collection. I figured after more research that the pollen still has too much unprocessed glycosides, whereas the pure honey is completely processed by the bees.

Will experiment soon.

On different news, I made edibles with canna butter, Rosemary honey (3/4tsp per dose), Sidr Honey (1/40th tbsp per dose) and Melipona honey/pollen (1/40th of 1/2tsp, a tiny dab). Many people reported psychoactive effects that were inconsistent with normal edibles, a couple people got nauseous in the beginning. All seemed to enjoy despite initial rough effects for a few. It almost seemed as if the Melipona was intensified, possibly due to the food matrix and additional Rosemary and Sidr honey.

-GC

Those edibles sound like they would be awesome.

I got a small amount of rosemary honey to try it out after reading this thread, it's great in a night time herbal tea with camomile etc, I'd like to try it again though I'm incredibly curious about kaempferol I just haven't come across it here yet.

I've recently seen so-called "mad honey" and similar popping up on online headshops for the first time here lately which was an interesting coincidence.

I’ve tried quite a few new honeys recently..

I tried pure Melipona honey with no pollen. The effect profile is different and not as potent as with the pollen. That said I prefer the honey alone despite decreased potency. I’ve tried up to 1/2tsp with decent effects so far. I notice fairly pronounced blurring of my vision the morning after same as the first batch. Not sure what to feel about this honey.

I’ve also tried Carob honey which I didn’t expect to get effects but resembles Rosemary. Thyme honey despite my excitement didn’t have much of any effect.

Linden Honey was another I was excited for and good reason as the flowers are used as a sedative. I felt sedative effects which were intense for around 45min the tapered off quick.

And the honey that was supposed to be the 3rd in this series… Euphorbia Honey.

Euphorbia Honey contains Resiniferatoxin. This is a capsaicin analog that’s 500-1000x hotter that capsaicin itself. RTX is so potent it’s actually a selective neurotoxin for TRPV1.

While the word neurotoxin definitely can be a cause for concern, it seems there could be potential health benefits to it as well.. But also potential problems.

I decided it must not be too dangerous and took the risk. Ate about 1/2-1tsp and tasted a strange honey that had a unique spicey flavor. The spice feel seemed to hit the back of my throat in a way that almost resembles when one gets sick, kind of achey and sore. After 1hour there is still noticeable amount of burn in the back of my throat.

I’ll probably be careful, but it makes me wonder on potential uses for topical pain relief in a similar manner to capsaicin being used in topical creams and patches.

-GC

Euphorbia Honey.

At first upon researching this one I thought I’d be looking at a spicy honey and nothing more. This honey is truly psychoactive and fairly strong at that.

Upon consuming some, the tongue and throat will becoming tingly burning and sore. But this heat spreads through the body, along with a sense of euphoria and relaxation.

It’s the warm sensation that is very unique, it’s like capsaicin warmth but in a comfortable way across my whole body. I wonder if this is the RTX.

I’m likely to start experimenting more with this one. It’s becoming another possible gem.

Also I’ve started to have others experiment with these honeys. Tons of positive reports regarding the Rosemary Honey, everyone except opiate tolerant individuals really seem to like it.

Melipona Honey in cannabis edibles has also proven to change the psych activity of the edible a fair amount. Both myself and another report strange dreams at night that are deep and often scary in nature. Almost like falling into the abyss.

As others try these honeys more I’ll be sure to report back.

A quick summary on honeys I’ve found worthy of psychoactive investigation; Melipona beecheii honey, Rosemary Honey, Euphorbia Honey, and Linden/Lyme Honey.

-GC

Alright guys, for anyone who cares I feel I’ve come to a reasonably conclusive spot for many of the honeys I was interested in. This will be my last post here for awhile beyond maybe a complete redo of the first post with better more complete information.

As many know I had my eye on 3 honeys in particular but during my quest have tried probably 20+ monofloral honey. The 3 were Melipona beecheii honey, Euphorbia Honey, and Rosemary Honey. All 3 proved to be psychoactive as talked about in the literature.

Recently I pushed the dosages to the highest point yet with both the M. beecheii and Euphorbia Honey to feel I can talk more conclusively about them as drugs.

Let’s start with Euphorbia, my initial experiences were promising. The acute effects of the first couple of hours are indeed enjoyable if you can manage to stay awake.

My most recent experience used a full tablespoon and had quite the tingly burn on the throat after the fact. As before there’s a warmth similar to opiates that goes through the body. My eyes want to close even if I’m not tired, light and sounds become too much and irritating.

The problem is the next day I feel like shit after Euphorbia honey, this feeling lasts for days. It’s happened every time I’ve tried it but only the last time did it finally click that it’s the honey. Best described as a hangover of both mind and body. All one wants to do is hide away from the world.

For this reason Euphorbia Honey while psychoactive with promising acute effects has too detrimental side effects to be considered a worthy recreational drug. Still may be good for certain medicinal applications.

Next Melipona beecheii Honey, this stuff I still can’t quite figure out but want to try :) I think we are looking at NMDA antagonist but lacking the acute euphoria associated with say ketamine. What it lacks in acute effects it makes up for in a decent afterglow that can last days.

At 1tsp honey plus a dab of pollen/honey I had not much notable in acute effects besides vision changes and maybe slight mood disturbances. Next morning though woke up 4am! And literally just got to work with chores and shit. Mind you my dog woke me up then but once I was up I was up which is unusual for me.

M. beecheii honey is one I feel deserves more attention, it feels like a natural light less manic version of the K afterglow.

And finally Rosemary is pretty known at this point. It seems all other honeys with psychoactive effects (except maybe Linden/Lyme Honey) I’ve tried fall in the category of what I call “flavonoid honeys” aka honeys whose effects are mediated by some flavonoid.

They all seem to have close but slightly different effects, kind of like comparing cannabis strains. Honeys I’ve tried with noticeable flavonoid psychoactive effects; Rosemary, Carob, Sidr, Pine, Linden?, Chestnut.

Chestnut is bitter as hell from the tannins and will make you shit too lol heads up.

And finally finally, I tried coffee blossom for kicks knowing there’s tiny quantities of alkaloids like caffeine. No effects of course but it did turn out to be my favorite tasting honey!!

I might try tobacco flower as it could contain nicotine levels that could effect me given my zero tolerance and nicotine’s potency sublingual.

-GC

Very interesting, thanks for sharing @G_Chem
Might look into trying some of these myself.

Quick addition.

I found yet another reason honey has increased bioavailability. It’s the oligosaccharides present in the honey which help increase the BA of flavonoids. A study to show what I’m saying..

-GC